• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

What about their rookie Jacquez or something?  

Him + Duncan + a first rounder and I would do it.  Duncan would actually improve our rotation at his position and Jacquez has been balling out and is on a cheap deal through 2027.  I can't see the Heat doing that though.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NekiEcko said:

But seriously all of this doom and gloom does not fit this place. 

It was all fun and games until it wasn't. 

Maybe I'm just getting old. 

Screenshot_20240116_193432_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

50 days later:

raw

giphy.gif

source.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=4685342

....are you sure this wasn't supposed to say 'coming months'  or are we in an alternate universe where only 1 day has passed.  @kg01 any update from 2025?

Maybe coming years........ crazy

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Cavaliers interested in Royce O'Neale and De'Andre Hunter?

One veteran team executive read my Sunday piece that wondered aloud about the Cavaliers pursuing a trade for Brooklyn’s Royce O’Neale and relayed that Cleveland indeed has O’Neale on its list of targets. Atlanta’s De’Andre Hunter is said to be another name to watch in Cleveland’s ongoing search for a 3-and-D upgrade — although absorbing Hunter’s contract (which has three seasons and $70 million left on it after this season) makes him a challenging payroll fit (and, frankly, difficult for the Hawks to trade anywhere).

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

funny-positive-meme-18-585x403.jpg

But seriously all of this doom and gloom does not fit this place.  This team went through worse than this.  Throughout the years from ASG to now, this team has dealt with a lot of issues.  From ownership to quality of play on the court, it has been a trying time but one thing about it is that better days will come. 

I know that ownership gets alot of flax for their actions and its well-deserved but at the same time, what they are doing is not going to destroy this team forever, it is just a learning experience from them to see what they can do to improve (Believe me, the owners of the Braves and Falcons can tell you stories of their screw-ups).

Right now, this experience is teaching them that if you want to have the Larry O'Brien trophy then you have to be fully on-board.  If you are in this for a quick buck, then you might need to pass the ownership that wants to make it happen.

At the end of the day, everyone should just calm down and look at the bigger picture or not and find somebody to place the blame on and having these media idiots wants to take Trae away from here.

I agree that the doom and gloom isn't like us.  This is the most doom and gloom I've ever been.

I just want them to "do something".

If the chemistry is off . . . do something to make it right.

Don't just sit there and let everything slowly wilt away.  Do something to try to save it.

And if you can't save it, then maybe you shouldn't be in the position to make decisions.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Remember, I said before there's two teams that jumped in with serious offers that I can not name per source request.

I have to agree that the "everyone has a voice" has the exact opposite effect: no one has a real voice. Tony Ressler jumped in the Paul Millsap trade and nixed it when we would have gotten something for him. Instead he walked away as a free agent for nothing. Ressler claimed to have learned his lesson to let his FO do the work.

And we have seen that is just not the case. Chris Grant was brought in to try and be a veteran FO voice in the room and to help get real value back in trades and to help pursue targets. That's not a bad thing. The problem is...he's just another voice in the room.

It's tough to get upset about the Grant hire.  Sure, he has a couple blemishes in the past, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.  The bad thing is what you've stated which is Ressler is just too hands on.  I wish he wasn't that way but he's just super invested in the team... goes to every game, came down on the court last night to shake hands with Killer Mike and thank him for coming, etc.  He just can't step away.  Only thing I truly fault him for is bringing in his son into a FO position which f*cks up the entire dynamics of the workspace.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Like sothron said a framework is on the table the team just has to accept. Really just depends on their urgency and if they convince themselves it’s not a lateral move. 

I hate to be cynical because the energy is already very negative here, but this just feels like we're getting played for leverage again

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

It is also tough to get too excited about Grant's hire.  I wouldn't want him as the team's GM so now he is there basically to hold the GM's hand?  I hope his experience is a real asset but I'm not real pumped about his player evaluation judgment based on his track record.  Do I want the guy who took Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett and Andrew Wiggins with the #4, #1, and #1 picks making calls about which players we should acquire or weighing in on future draft picks?  Not really.

I think it's very presumptuous, at a minimum, to pretend like we have any lens into how competent Grant is or not.  He's been with the Spurs recently who people herald as one of the best front offices and well-run organizations in the league, yet a bunch of us on a forum feel like we know better than the Spurs that he is actually incompetent.  Tough sell for me.  I'm not in the conversations FO execs are having, so it's pretty hard for me to gauge how good someone is or isn't.  The only thing this definitely signals is Ressler wants a more experienced executive to weigh in on what is probably the most pivotal decisions this FO will make that should or could set the tone of the team for the next decade.  That is a good thing imo. 

The predisposition to be negative about literally everything we're doing right now is getting tiresome.