Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I said for years, Blank is the Falcons problem but folks thought he was the savior.

I feel the same about the hawks' guy now.

On another note, I feel the guy who hired Griffin in MIL deserves to be on the street just like the coach.  After all, he hired a guy that was so terrible (allegedly) that he didn't even last a year.

Well, if we're jettisoned Murray for any of these crap packages ... the guy that overpaid for him shouldn't be around to fix the colossal mistake.

Prove me wrong, Hawks fans. 

Yup I don’t disagree. Blank and McKay are the reasons the falcons remain ass and now the Resselers Tony and lil Nicky are why the Hawks franchise is about to go through devastating seasons.

unfortunately the a dark cloud has grown larger over Atlanta. I’m actually starting to believe Ressler is worse than the ASG.

at this point I’m just waiting for the hawks to trade Trae so I can officially check out on them. We all know Trae is not going to stay and go through another rebuild. The margin for error is so small now that any move can easily be a big mistake.

for the falcons…I checked out  mid season and will not follow the falcons until they get an actual damn QB. The only way Raheem survives is if he gets good ass coordinators. No more falcon comments from me after this…sorry mods.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

This would be a huge indictment of our front office.  You might as well show up to a press conference and tell the Hawks fans that you are glad they traded Nique.  What a joke.

Soth keeps saying it’s not our FO but honestly that’s hard to believe.

I definitely believe Tony and lil Nicky is too involved when they should not be but ultimately I think it’s all a shit show.

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yup I don’t disagree. Blank and McKay are the reasons the falcons remain ass and now the Resselers Tony and lil Nicky are why the Hawks franchise is about to go through devastating seasons.

unfortunately the a dark cloud has grown larger over Atlanta. I’m actually starting to believe Ressler is worse than the ASG.

at this point I’m just waiting for the hawks to trade Trae so I can officially check out on them. We all know Trae is not going to stay and go through another rebuild. The margin for error is so small now that any move can easily be a big mistake.

for the falcons…I checked out  mid season and will not follow the falcons until they get an actual damn QB. The only way Raheem survives is if he gets good ass coordinators. No more falcon comments from me after this…sorry mods.

Ressler may not be as bad as the A$G, but he's definitely not any better.  Only difference is he was gifted an all-NBA caliber player.  Unfortunately it was like giving a 10 year old a Ferrari.  Sure he can keep it in the road on a straightaway (let him get numbers, market him) but as soon as anything got hard (build a winning team and culture), he wrapping it around a tree.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, kg01 said:

On another note, I feel the guy who hired Griffin in MIL deserves to be on the street just like the coach.  After all, he hired a guy that was so terrible (allegedly) that he didn't even last a year.

Giannis wanted Griffin.

• Like 2

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, JTB said:

I definitely believe Tony and lil Nicky is too involved when they should not be but ultimately I think it’s all a shit show.

The FO clearly is influenced and sometimes constrained by ownership.  But a good GM gets buy-in from the owner on things that are smart for the team.  

If we do expiring contract + Lakers 2029 pick for Dejounte then something is happening that is terrible for the front office.  Maybe:

• They have no power and Ressler is forcing them to do this deal.
  • They think that return is going to lead to adding a third foundational player to Trae and JJ and so are advocating for this deal.
  • They are viewed as such a joke that no other GM is giving them the time of day.

Obviously there are other scenarios as well.  But any of these are a huge indictment of the front office regardless of how much oversight is being applied by the Resslers to these specific trade discussions.  So would be interested to know how the sausage got made but in a sense I wouldn't care very much because it would signal that this franchise is in disaster mode and is going down the drain.  

I really hope these rumors aren't true but a lot of Hawks fans are going to check out if something like this happens.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

How do you figure that's good?

Harris is a FA to be.  Black is tall and thin... and hasn't shown much... and those two first round picks are Late.  Orlando will be good with Murray and Banchero.  Denver is Denver.    How does this help us?  We give up a guy who is signed for the next 5 years... for a rebuilding program. 

You are clearly not as high on Black as I am. I think he’s a fantastic fit at the 2 long term next to a guy like trae. 

and by the end of this season we will have 2 additional FRP + a recent top 10 pick we can look to trade for a star. Harris is salary filler and gives us more offseason flexibility. I’d rather see an Isaac than Harris, I was just relaying what was on the other site. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, h4wkfan said:

You are clearly not as high on Black as I am. I think he’s a fantastic fit at the 2 long term next to a guy like trae. 

and by the end of this season we will have 2 additional FRP + a recent top 10 pick we can look to trade for a star. Harris is salary filler and gives us more offseason flexibility. I’d rather see an Isaac than Harris, I was just relaying what was on the other site. 

It is a vastly better return than the reported Lakers deal.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sigh.  If they flip D Lo for a player on a expiring contract, aren't they prohibited from aggregating that player in another deal for a period of time?

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

The FO clearly is influenced and sometimes constrained by ownership.  But a good GM gets buy-in from the owner on things that are smart for the team.  

If we do expiring contract + Lakers 2029 pick for Dejounte then something is happening that is terrible for the front office.  Maybe:

• They have no power and Ressler is forcing them to do this deal.
  • They think that return is going to lead to adding a third foundational player to Trae and JJ and so are advocating for this deal.
  • They are viewed as such a joke that no other GM is giving them the time of day.

Obviously there are other scenarios as well.  But any of these are a huge indictment of the front office regardless of how much oversight is being applied by the Resslers to these specific trade discussions.  So would be interested to know how the sausage got made but in a sense I wouldn't care very much because it would signal that this franchise is in disaster mode and is going down the drain.  

I really hope these rumors aren't true but a lot of Hawks fans are going to check out if something like this happens.

Correct me if I’m wrong here but doesn’t Tony and his wife Jami have ties to the lakers ?

I thought at one point before they purchased the hawks they were both long time laker fans who went to all the games .

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JTB said:

To be fair, I think Landry and Korver are solid. It is the Ressler that are the issue. And they run the franchise.