• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Houston and a few other teams in play for Capela.

Murray to LA is interesting. Not a done deal but there's a lot going on in the background. Multiple other teams still engaged which LA was trying to quelch by going public. They did not want a bidding war.

Hunter was getting looks from a few teams but teams are concerned about his health issues.

Bogie getting tons of interest but no great offers.

OO getting interest but the price is too high.

Griffin getting a little interest.

Spurs still in it?

1 hour ago, georgia said:

I’m not sure why Drussell has such little value the way he’s been scoring.    But if all we get for Murray is a pick and Dinwiddie- then we have the dumbest front office of all time.   

While at it, whatever they can get for Hunter I’d do- even if it was for some basketballs to give to a youth league.  

I think LAL is clearly trying to showcase him so this recent binge he's on is a little suspect.  He's had equal or greater stretches where he's been pretty mediocre, iiuc. 

If I was SAS, I'd try to get him for cheap.  They need a lead guard and won't likely meet what our asking price shld be for Murray. 

• Admin
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If we shed DJ as a salary dump (which is a REALLY STUPID)....WE STILL WON'T HAVE ANY CAPSPACE TO SIGN ANYONE.

Including our two 2024 picks we'd have $170 million for 14 players. Subtract DJ's $24 million that puts us at $146 mill. The projected salary may get to $150 million at most, but might be less.

Who are you signing with $4 million in capspace?

We'd need to shed 2 of CC/Dre/Bogi to have meaningful capspace.

it doesn't mean anyone is going to sign with us anyway ... we have never been a destination

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

it doesn't mean anyone is going to sign with us anyway ... we have never been a destination

That and it's not like there is a robust FA list.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Dumping a 27 year old talented player on a below market long-term contract as a salary dump would have to be the dumbest of dumb moves.  

Not even getting a TPE, just a straight dump?

Taking a step back.....I just don't believe that's what this Owner/FO will do.......cause it just doesn't make any good NBA sense.

Yeah....so everybody calm down!:praying:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The league knows that Dejounte Murray isn’t that two or more 1st round pick point guard that people think he is. When are hawks fans gonna realize we overpaid because of Murray’s one all-star year. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

The league knows that Dejounte Murray isn’t that two or more 1st round pick point guard that people think he is. When are hawks fans gonna realize we overpaid because of Murray’s one all-star year. 

so you think DFS and Caruso are worth 2 1sts like the "league" is saying? Neither of them will ever sniff an all star game. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

Even if that's the case...you don't compound that mistake by making an even bigger one. 

40 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

first place you don't undervalue your assets.

:good:

• Like 4

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, Wretch said:

The pessimist in me is running wild with the idea that DJ is unhappy

Except, We've seen enough unhappy people publicly request trades - team don't fold. They do what's best for the team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1