• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

3 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

Hes not our only asset. Everybody except Trae and Jalen are on the table. Bogi, Kobe, AJ, Onyeka can all be traded right now for picks if they wanted too.

Y'all can absolutely be fine with a guy acting like he’s uncoachable and having temper tantrums every game at this point. I’m not. He’s clearly influencing how this team’s playing and affecting what little morale we have. If Landry cared about the team, this dude would’ve been off the team already. 

The single worse decision this team could make is to keep Dejounte past the deadline and let him complain and affect everyone the rest of the season. I know some of yall don’t care, but if this team actually wants to win games in the future, they don’t need such a negative presence.  We aren’t going to a big return for Dejounte, so just take what we can get and deal with it.

Same behavior Trae has been displaying for years.  Ask any team with a "superstar" if they would trade their superstar straight up for Trae.  You'd get laughed out of the room.

2 hours ago, cam1218 said:

DJM having some resentment towards Trae, or the favoritism for him. The message is weird - “Things we do in practice aren’t happening during the games.” We only have two players who mainly have a chance to run the offense and the game.

What's weird about it?

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I have no idea what tantrum you think he is throwing.  He just literally got off concussion protocol from giving up his body this season.  I see more buy in to what he is being asked to do than ever not tantrums.

Oh, I don't know.  Maybe it's take so many shots every game despite the fact that he is a mediocre shooter.  He is genuinely a gifted passer.  However, he makes stupid decisions, and drives all the way under the basket surrounded by big guys.  He never has figured it out.  How long will it take.  He's out to make a name for himself, and could care less about the team, hence we are perennial underachievers.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

What's weird about it?

I’m not sure what is happening in practices that isn’t happening in games.  Not sure if that is weird but it is curious.  You’d think Snyder would be visibly upset if he had someone practicing to do A and then in games they went and did B contrary to his instructions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Fields needs to make sure it ends now or it is just going to snowball.  Murray needs to be the line in the sand whether he wants to be here or not.  You only move him for a decent offer.  We’ve heard there are multiple teams bidding on him so don’t settle on a premature bad offer.  Toronto held Siakam and OG, half the league held Harden, Portland held Dame when he was acting out, etc.  If you keep selling for cents on the dollar no one will ever make a fair offer.

It's too late for that.  We've already built that reputation.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

We have two guys who can get their own shot on this team.  One scores 27 points on 19 attempts and the other scores 21 points on 17 attempts.  But the problem is two extra shots for the guy with the higher ts%?

Again, offer any team with a "superstar" if they would trade their star for Trae straight up (ignoring salary cap issues.)  I guarantee you that they would refuse.  The league players dislike him so much, that he is rated much lower than his stats suggest.

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’m not sure what is happening in practices that isn’t happening in games.  Not sure if that is weird but it is curious.  You’d think Snyder would be visibly upset if he had someone practicing to do A and then in games they went and did B contrary to his instructions.

Agreed.  Makes no sense why Quin is practicing one thing, but implementing another during the games.  I would really like to hear DJ give more detail on what he was talking about there, although I'm not sure if that will ever be shared in public.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Again, offer any team with a "superstar" if they would trade their star for Trae straight up (ignoring salary cap issues.)  I guarantee you that they would refuse.  The league players dislike him so much, that he is rated much lower than his stats suggest.

Him showing them up (nutmegging them, bowing on their home court, etc) has a LOT to do with that, imo.  I don’t disagree that no one is trading Embiid or Giannis or Jokic or any other MVP level player for Trae.  He isn’t in that tier.  The next tier of players like Luka are also out of reach.  Then there are a bunch of players that are max guys who I think would be fair game.  Your Dame, Kyrie, KAT, Ja, Mitchell, etc.  Some teams would jump on that others would not want any part of trading their guy for Trae from that tier.  Then there are a bunch of guys who are max contracts that teams would leap over the table to trade for Trae.

There is a reason the media loves to speculate about teams possibly landing him.  If he legit goes on the market, you will have teams all over him — especially if they believe Atlanta’s GM is a pushover.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, AHF said:

I have no idea what tantrum you think he is throwing.  He just literally got off concussion protocol from giving up his body this season.  I see more buy in to what he is being asked to do than ever not tantrums.

Ditto

11 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Ditto

There was a statement in Givemesome1ce1's post about players being uncoachable.  When Trae has had his fill of a coach, he starts his obvious tendency to ignore the coach during time outs.  No, he doesn't pitch temper tantrums in an outward manor, he just drops subtle hints (but they are obvious to anyone who actually watches the players during timeouts.)

Edited by Watchman

34 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Oh, I don't know.  Maybe it's take so many shots every game despite the fact that he is a mediocre shooter.  He is genuinely a gifted passer.  However, he makes stupid decisions, and drives all the way under the basket surrounded by big guys.  He never has figured it out.  How long will it take.  He's out to make a name for himself, and could care less about the team, hence we are perennial underachievers.

But he has to do something, that is part of his game.  He is not tall and his game is predicated on him getting into the lane and cause havoc, while his long jump shots is to loosen up the lane.  I think you are too hard on Trae, I dont know what else he can do, he is playing better defense and trying to win but it is not him, but the type of players we have and the FO that is not getting him what he needs to succeed.  

If Trae was traded to another team, would you be happy?  Besides, you see what happen when Trae was not there when he got injured, just imagine that for a full season and we can't use the lottery because of the Spurs picks.  I know that he might get on our nerves with his decision, but he is still true to this team and this city. Besides we cant deal with another tear down and rebuild again (most of us is not spring chickens)

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

And he took another charge in his game back...!!!!!!

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

Fields needs to make sure it ends now or it is just going to snowball.  Murray needs to be the line in the sand whether he wants to be here or not.  You only move him for a decent offer.  We’ve heard there are multiple teams bidding on him so don’t settle on a premature bad offer.  Toronto held Siakam and OG, half the league held Harden, Portland held Dame when he was acting out, etc.  If you keep selling for cents on the dollar no one will ever make a fair offer.

I don't think Fields can do it.

I think you Ressler comes in fires Field/Korver/Nick/ and all Nick friends.  Turn everything over to Grant.. and Grant come out with a very strong statement about how business will be conducted... mainly saying we're not accepting trades for Murray for the foreseeable future. 

The thing is Grant has experience and is respected (although I don't want him taking draft pick choices without much help).   If he takes the reigns, you end the sorriness that we have been seeing out of our front office with all the leaks.   The dumb ass statements that kills team camaraderie.   And everytime Grant Speaks from here on out... it's announcing what already happened. 

You don't see the Spurs FO letting information get out. 

You don't see the Nuggets FO letting information get out. 

Only these FOs that are novice or under the control of some agency is letting moves be broadcasted before the facts. 

If Ressler gave a damn about his team, this is what he would do. 

He would also give Grant the ability to change coaches if he wanted to change coaches.   This is a chance to right a lot of wrongs. 

I think it is quite clear that the Trae-Dejounte backcourt pairing isn’t working.

Trae just doesn’t want to play off the ball or he has been coached very poorly on how to do it. When DJM is running the offense, Trae quite often sits at a corner 3 spot. He should be moving more when off ball. I’ve noticed Patty Mills does the same thing when he checks in, so maybe it’s a coaching thing.

Dejounte is showing his immaturity with his social media posts, fighting with fans. Since his time in Atlanta, he has been as advertised on offense but not on defense, which suggests to me that coaching is an issue getting him motivated to play D. He obviously respect Coach Pop to play hard on D. Not so much Nate and Quin.

if Dejounte is causes issues off the court, I think you have to get him out. But as others have said, don’t settle for a trash offer. If we don’t want D’lo from Lakers, then it is up to Lakers to make the deal work for Atlanta.

• Like 1

EXPECTING TOO MUCH!

Hawk fans, including me, have been expecting too much for Murray.  If the Hawks can grab a young starter and some extra, perhaps a handful of 2nd round picks, we should be happy.

Crazy?  Not if we get a real starter who is young, this is almost an even trade.  Do I believe this is the total worth of our all-star PG?  Yep.  Naturally, this young starter must be a really good player, not a borderline starter.  He might become a starter, or he has the potential to start.  

Hawks lose a starter.  Hawks gain a starter.  Draft picks, future 1st or 2nd round picks are a bonus to Atlanta because we are losing an all-star player on a very reasonable contract.

:smug:

• Like 2