• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

Things can change in a couple days since closer to the deadline is when better offers come in but I think it’s increasingly likely the hawks stand pat next week. Maybe a small move like AJ or Clint but as of right now I think they revisit trades in the summer. 

Maybe someone overpays next week but at this point in time I think a lot of the roster will stay the same 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Hawks need to check-in on this ASAP.

Went to UGA. Hopefully that would have some swing in keeping him here as an UFA.

FYI:

With the 24-year-old drawing sticky observations around league circles about his forthcoming free agency status, Scotto pointed out that Claxton's projected salary heading into free agency is $21 million per year, in courtesy of the estimation made by 12 anonymous league executives.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

FYI:

With the 24-year-old drawing sticky observations around league circles about his forthcoming free agency status, Scotto pointed out that Claxton's projected salary heading into free agency is $21 million per year, in courtesy of the estimation made by 12 anonymous league executives.

I'd fork up the extra ~$5M per year for his size and move Okongwu.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Reaves is perhaps the best value deal in the entire NBA. That's why he is covetted. He can shoot and pass at a very high percentile for his position.

But wait - aren't we saying the same thing about DJ's new contract extension that should be highly coveted as well.

It will be interested to see how quickly Reaves' value plummets once he becomes a Hawk.  Part of his 'value' is inflated from being a Laker.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But wait - aren't we saying the same thing about DJ's new contract extension that should be highly coveted as well.

It will be interested to see how quickly Reaves' value plummets once he becomes a Hawk.  Part of his 'value' is inflated from being a Laker.

Reaves is absolutely nowhere near the best value in the NBA.  The best value in the NBA remains superstars on max contracts.  Reaves got what the market would support for him in FA.  The market would pay much more for the true superstars.  It isn't even close.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Here's the 20 cent question.

Would you be willing to move OO for Nic Claxton's expiring?

Here's the deal.   Bkln may trade Claxton because they don't want to deal with his pending UFA.   However, in OO, they would get a big in return who is athletic, defensive, and signed for the next 5 years. 

For us... it's a gamble.. but   We may be able to convince Claxton to stay on with the Hawks and we would be able to move CC a lot easier in the Summer because he would be expiring.

So.. Would you do it?

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Here's the deal.   Bkln may trade Claxton because they don't want to deal with his pending UFA.   However, in OO, they would get a big in return who is athletic, defensive, and signed for the next 5 years. 

For us... it's a gamble.. but   We may be able to convince Claxton to stay on with the Hawks and we would be able to move CC a lot easier in the Summer because he would be expiring.

So.. Would you do it?

image.png

• Premium Member

If the Nets are indeed moving players, that kind of cements us as a top 10 seed. Nothing exciting about that, but it puts us in the play-in tournament where we are 3-0. Kind of pointless to tank unless there is a “win next year” move on the table.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, cam1218 said:

If the Nets are indeed moving players, that kind of cements us as a top 10 seed. Nothing exciting about that, but it puts us in the play-in tournament where we are 3-0. Kind of pointless to tank unless there is a “win next year” move on the table.

With a healthy roster... who knows what we will be?

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Diesel said:

With a healthy roster... who knows what we will be?

Well we haven’t really had one and are still sitting at 10. I don’t see any of the teams behind us catching up, especially if Brooklyn goes into tank mode. Not saying we can’t get higher, just that we are probably in the 7-10 range regardless.

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, Diesel said:

So.. Would you do it?

I'd prefer a 3 team trade with CC going to OKC, Nic and DFS to Hawks, Bertan and pick(s) to Nets.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'd prefer a 3 team trade with CC going to OKC, Nic and DFS to Hawks, Bertan and pick(s) to Nets.

I like that deal!…which means the chances of it happening is slim.

we don’t have good luck unfortunately 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Take this with a grain of salt OBVIOUSLY. But apparently this is the same guy who broke Kawhi to the Clippers…

I 100% believe... it seems like Bron has checked out of the Lakers and he knows getting Ham out is an uphill climb

close to suitor? perhaps Hawks involved somehow.. 

Edited by theheroatl