• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There's a difference between winning to just be good enough vs winning to be championship contenders. 

We fall into the first bracket. Winning to make the playoffs and see what happens - like we did with our ECF run. That's probably still on Tony's mind - winning without spending. 

I think he likes watching the games, is engaged, but in the back of his mind he knows when centennial yards is done, it’s time to cash in.

he also knows he doesn’t have to overspend to make the team value go up drastically so it’s a entertaining waiting game

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is us every trade deadline, having these guys available, then we do nothing, meanwhile lowering their trade value in the offseason. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.

Yep..I love our insiders because they give us as much as possible, but I'm beginning to think the FO feeds bs for engagement purposes only. The deadline always comes in with a bang...out with a whimper.IMG_8257.gif.7f0c33fae7474bef274784a1bb81fcac.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

28 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

It should be a fiduciary duty of an owner to pursue winning.  If only sports teams had a board of directors that represented the fanbase… “You are only in this for profit? The city has voted you out. You must sell the team.”

Sadly, there's no way to legislate 'pursuit of winning' into this.  The reality is that they're all business owners pursuing profit.  The difference is some recognize winning big leads to exponentially higher revenues.

Lazy owners see marginal winning is still profitable. That's why the a$g always built with the mindset if wanting a 1st round playoff series, who cares if they advance 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Yep..I love our insiders because they give us as much as possible, but I'm beginning to think the FO feeds bs for engagement purposes only. The deadline always comes in with a bang...out with a whimper.IMG_8257.gif.7f0c33fae7474bef274784a1bb81fcac.gif

I don't think it's 'just feeding bs for engagement' as there are 29 other teams trying to make trades in some form or fashion. Trades are hard to execute it's not just give me your guy and stuff and I'll take your guy and stuff. 

We just seem to be in a perpetual cycle of trading better oncourt talent for less headlined by reducing cost instead of the other way around. 

The last time we traded for better on court upgrade at the deadline was Rondo for Lou Will.

• Like 3

Trades are also hard because the teams can't say the opposing players' names during trade discussions.  They have to give a description to make sure the other GM knows which player they're discussing.

True story.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Trades are hard.  yeah but not that hard.  Here's players our competition have traded for recently.  we've just dug ourselves a hole not unlike the lakers where we don't have a ton to send out. 

Boston: White, Jrue, Porzingis 

Bucks: Dame, Beasley, Crowder

Knicks: OG, Hart, Achiuwa

Cavs: mitchell, Allen, Levert

Philly: Melton, Oubre, Batum, Beverly

Indy: Hali, Siakam, Hield, Toppin

Hawks: Murray, Bey

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hawks are looking to fix depth but cost is high. I am told Garrison, Bruno, Wes, and Mills have all been shopped. Don't expect much to happen. I am told Atlanta doesn't want to take on too much salary right now. 

We have the worst depth players in the league.  Anyone want to trade for them? 

5175b794f3a4c6f5fe5b4c9485151fc8.gif

It's being said, don't be shocked if Atlanta trades Dre for a premium. Teams are looking for big wings and they are hard to find. I don't know why we of all teams will trade one as we need one just as bad but I am told Atlanta price could be met and some for Dre. He's probably the closest to being moved outside of Bey who's a lock at this point.

I will be fascinated to see what we get back if we trade Hunter.  Both from a valuation standpoint and from a team building standpoint. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators

I agree that we need Hunter as much or more than anyone but we need him on the court.  If someone is paying a premium that will be hard to turn down.   But i think "premium" just means a first round pick to our FO. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I agree that we need Hunter as much or more than anyone but we need him on the court.  If someone is paying a premium that will be hard to turn down.   But i think "premium" just means a first round pick to our FO. 

It's more than a 1st. A 1st and an expiring is what they are asking for. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

The #20 pick and an expiring contract doesn't meet my criteria for a "premium" return.  That describes what a dump trade to get off of Hunter's contract looks like to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Still pretty bad team building wise.  So this going to be Hunter to Charlotte for a 1st+Hayward?  

I can't figure out what the Nets and Charlotte are looking to acquire and for what?  are they looking for picks or young players?

I still think DFS would be a good backup for us at the 3 and 4.  Especially if Bey is traded. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AHF said:

The #20 pick and an expiring contract doesn't meet my criteria for a "premium" return.  That describes what a dump trade to get off of Hunter's contract looks like to me.

No, you aren't following. That's what they are asking for.

A premium in this case is a good player and a 1st. Or a premium 1st aka a lottery pick. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Still pretty bad team building wise.  So this going to be Hunter to Charlotte for a 1st+Hayward?  

I can't figure out what the Nets and Charlotte are looking to acquire and for what?  are they looking for picks or young players?

I still think DFS would be a good backup for us at the 3 and 4.  Especially if Bey is traded. 

Something like that is what they are asking for but a premium is this below

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_2-2-2024_10-24-04AM.png