• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lakers shopping LeBron again but for an overpay again. I really think Bronny should be on our BB for Bron purposes. 

Rich Paul: LeBron James won't be traded

LeBron James will remain with the Los Angeles Lakers, agent Rich Paul made clear to ESPN on Friday. “LeBron won’t be traded, and we aren’t asking to be,” Paul said in reaction to some growing speculation about James’ future ahead of next week’s trade deadline. James may have contributed to the swirl by putting an hourglass emoji on his X account this week after a loss in Atlanta. He hasn’t spoken to reporters since to clarify the message, missing the Lakers’ victory Thursday in Boston with an ankle injury.

via ESPN
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's being said, don't be shocked if Atlanta trades Dre for a premium. Teams are looking for big wings and they are hard to find. I don't know why we of all teams will trade one as we need one just as bad but I am told Atlanta price could be met and some for Dre. He's probably the closest to being moved outside of Bey who's a lock at this point. 

What do you consider a premium? 

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No, you aren't following. That's what they are asking for.

A premium in this case is a good player and a 1st. Or a premium 1st aka a lottery pick. 

WTF is our front office doing asking for less value than the market is supporting?  If we are asking for an expiring and a first and he is worth a premium then why hasn't he already been traded as some team leaps forward to give what we are asking for?  

I think I'm still not following.  

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's more than a 1st. A 1st and an expiring is what they are asking for. 

considering teams have to match salaries to make the trade work, that's basically a 1st. 

Just a 1st. 

Not a premium.

Nobody is paying a premium for Dre though, no matter how many times you call me a casual for seeing that he isn't good at basketball. 

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bey will get a late 1st. Too many contenders are seeking for him. Keep an eye and see if Atlanta gets an overpay. 

I hope so considering we gave up 5 2nds for him. I'd be surprised.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

I won't stand for this meth-Bogi slander, burd!

So I'mma sit down right over here. 

🙂 

That nickname is offensive cagey.  Especially when the dude looks exactly like Tom Brady. 

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Trades are also hard because the teams can't say the opposing players' names during trade discussions.  They have to give a description to make sure the other GM knows which player they're discussing.

True story.

"You know the tall guy. Kinda slim. Dry skin. Funky looking shot. What do you want for him?"

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Something like that is what they are asking for but a premium is this below

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_2-2-2024_10-24-04AM.png

This is what you consider 'premium'?

A 2029 late 1st from Boston and a guy who like Hunter can't stay healthy????

I'd rather take a Charlotte 1st and Hayward's expiring like @macdaddy proposed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

"You know the tall guy. Kinda slim. Dry skin. Funky looking shot. What do you want for him?"

"2 words.  First one ... rhymes with gray... no, that's not his real name ... rhymes with ... gray...ford?" 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Trades are also hard because the teams can't say the opposing players' names during trade discussions.  They have to give a description to make sure the other GM knows which player they're discussing.

True story.

Why would this be the case?  Hadn't heard this.  Usually the issues around using a player's name are for tampering concerns but that is not an issue in a trade discussion between GMs.

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is what you consider 'premium'?

A 2029 late 1st from Boston and a guy who like Hunter can't stay healthy????

I'd rather take a Charlotte 1st and Hayward's expiring like @macdaddy proposed.

Yeah. A quality player and an unprotected 1st. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Why would this be the case?  Hadn't heard this.  Usually the issues around using a player's name are for tampering concerns but that is not an issue in a trade discussion between GMs.

It's not. They can't say it to the media but they can talk among each other. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Rich Paul: LeBron James won't be traded

LeBron James will remain with the Los Angeles Lakers, agent Rich Paul made clear to ESPN on Friday. “LeBron won’t be traded, and we aren’t asking to be,” Paul said in reaction to some growing speculation about James’ future ahead of next week’s trade deadline. James may have contributed to the swirl by putting an hourglass emoji on his X account this week after a loss in Atlanta. He hasn’t spoken to reporters since to clarify the message, missing the Lakers’ victory Thursday in Boston with an ankle injury.

via ESPN

Rich ain't the GM

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I heard a former gm say it's a violation whether they do it in the media or privately.  I imagine some, such as the ones that leak to 'insiders', go rogue. 

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think it's 'just feeding bs for engagement' as there are 29 other teams trying to make trades in some form or fashion. Trades are hard to execute it's not just give me your guy and stuff and I'll take your guy and stuff. 

We just seem to be in a perpetual cycle of trading better oncourt talent for less headlined by reducing cost instead of the other way around. 

The last time we traded for better on court upgrade at the deadline was Rondo for Lou Will.

Agree but that's the point. Every single deadline.."Watch out for the Hawks...,""they're interested in...,""deal discussed.."...yada..yada.  They are full of ish.  Then we wait until the summer and settle for pennies on the dollar because someone screams "taxes." Like you said it's a cycle.

As much as Jeff irritates me with the "I won't get upset about hypothetical trades," he's not wrong.  It's just...damn..for once, will things break right? I'm positive it won't.  Lol

IMG_3216.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2