• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Some concerns about him might be legit. But it's probably manageable. 

The concerns are 100% legit for anyone paying attention... it's really not normal behavior to go and DM fans on social media with multi-paragraph responses complaining about his role and fit, etc.  Frankly, I suspect he's been a bad influence on Trae, and part of the reason Trae has seemed to progress so much emotionally and as a leader lately is distancing from Murray.  Remember the summer league stuff where he's clowning randoms and being generally disrespectful?  Then the Rockets game that basically unraveled our season (see below for a reminder)?  I believe pretty strongly that DJ is the antithesis of what Landry and Quin preach about for "Hawks DNA", which is why they're so willing to move him with 3+years left on his deal, before even considering the fit concerns.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We never drafted him for us, if he’s not flipped it’s a horrible pick by management. I mean, just a pick out of left field. The kid can play but he’s another scoring 1. I don’t know, I’m prolly saying this cuz I had 8 prospects for the Hawks and he wasn’t one of them. 

He was supposed to be a Raptor, stupid Masai and his bs.

He was honestly one of the five or so guys I had listed for that spot.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Wait a second… You mean the Hawks wouldn’t rather take on someone’s trash in order to improve the opposing team’s chance of success? No way… I don’t believe it.  They must think the Hawks are a 2 on the Enneagram.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Some Bs blog fodder? Yeah come on man, that kinda tweeter stuff is what the tweet world is made of.

Fan fiction..

when are you people gonna learn.. fan fiction world and the Jake fish hers are a big fat nba2k fake game 

no wonder stuff gets reposted from lame af hawks weak fans. We need front court defense and defensive depth and we talking about lame af nba2k rumors from realgm.

these the same Jake BS Fish Her rumor mill makings that says Mikal Bridges worth 10 FRP

its all the same at this point..

I wouldn't call openly defying the coach and posting negative things about his role on the team as BS fodder. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Once again, don’t confuse passion with ill intentions 

Yes but there is fine line there. At the very least, don't vent on social media about the team and/or coach. There's no defending that. It's immature and completely unnecessary. Keep that in house.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Wrong... you are interpreting passionate competitor to inappropriate behavior.

What is wrong with you people... We finally get another passionate competitor and you want him out of here. This is why we can't have nice things because ya'll are used to DeAndre "Passive" Hunter.

"Passion" is a nice way to hand wave away some of his behavior, but the guy is 27 years old.  He's not a 19 year old kid coming into the league.  He's an adult getting into Twitter arguments with fans, regularly.  He isn't buying into what Quin is selling and he makes that known publicly and privately.  He's not happy in his role.  He's posting cryptic bullsh*t on social media suggesting he can't wait until he's traded.  JC was passionate as well, but you saw none of this crap despite him being in trade rumors for years.

"Passion" isn't tapping some dude on the top of the head after you make a three in his face or hitting a guy on the head with the basketball before making a dribble move.  It's just being an ass.  And by the way, I'm only arguing that there is something there that coaches and other teams will see -- I'm not saying DJ is some huge character misfit that needs to be dealt because of that.  He's not that mature but it's not that big of a deal, in my opinion.  I just don't think it's helpful to put your head in the sand and rationalize all his behavior away.  His reported "personality flaws" from other teams are very likely legitimate, and we have only a tiny lens into the full extent of it.  If you watch his interviews from the past couple years on podcasts, you can see glimpses of what the coaches are likely referring to.

With that said, showing interest in him for trade but also citing potential issues is pretty obviously just trying to drive value down.  Personality should be a filter for whether a team wants a player or not -- not a tool to try to lower his trade value, so all of that is likely smoke coming from the Nets or whoever.

• Like 4

• Moderators

My take is that DJ wants to go.  I also think he thought he was more sought after than the rumors suggest.  I don't know if his personality is an issue or not but one thing i do know is I hate when he's the guy to get interviewed after the game.  You'd think they would all learn that being fun and funny gets you way more appreciation than the repetitive "i'm built for this", "i just work hard" stuff. 

But i like DJ.  I think he's in a tough spot right now.  I don't think it'll be a problem if he stays but it's never good to hang on to guys who want to be somewhere else. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

"Passion" is a nice way to hand wave away some of his behavior, but the guy is 27 years old.  He's not a 19 year old kid coming into the league.  He's an adult getting into Twitter arguments with fans, regularly.  He isn't buying into what Quin is selling and he makes that known publicly and privately.  He's not happy in his role.  He's posting cryptic bullsh*t on social media suggesting he can't wait until he's traded.  JC was passionate as well, but you saw none of this crap despite him being in trade rumors for years.

"Passion" isn't tapping some dude on the top of the head after you make a three in his face or hitting a guy on the head with the basketball before making a dribble move.  It's just being an ass.  And by the way, I'm only arguing that there is something there that coaches and other teams will see -- I'm not saying DJ is some huge character misfit that needs to be dealt because of that.  He's not that mature but it's not that big of a deal, in my opinion.  I just don't think it's helpful to put your head in the sand and rationalize all his behavior away.  His reported "personality flaws" from other teams are very likely legitimate, and we have only a tiny lens into the full extent of it.  If you watch his interviews from the past couple years on podcasts, you can see glimpses of what the coaches are likely referring to.

With that said, showing interest in him for trade but also citing potential issues is pretty obviously just trying to drive value down.  Personality should be a filter for whether a team wants a player or not -- not a tool to try to lower his trade value, so all of that is likely smoke coming from the Nets or whoever.

Ok Jeff - Smoke came from this guys podcast throwing a hypothetical.. 

IMG_3764.jpeg.21bab7c40c99b0fadafc7df370915727.jpeg

You can choose buy into it, create a narrative in your head, and still be completely and utterly wrong.

How much do you trust the media?

Not one media member or fan forum has the Siakam trade or OG trade anywhere near the ballpark

they are all liars and clowning you

Edited by theheroatl
  • Confused 2

• Moderators

NBA has also gotten really weird.  I mean the Morris twins were chasing guys down in alleys and beating the crap out of them and they've played for about half the teams in the NBA with no concerns about their personality.  

I understand this is more a chemistry question but i don't think we have a good sense of how wildly different the players in this league are now from each other. 

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Ok Jeff - Smoke came from this guys podcast throwing a hypothetical.. 

IMG_3764.jpeg.21bab7c40c99b0fadafc7df370915727.jpeg

You can choose buy into it, create a narrative in your head, and still be completely and utterly wrong.

How much do you trust the media?

Not one media member or fan forum has the Siakam trade or OG trade anywhere near the ballpark

they are all liars and clowning you

Is that Jake Fischer?  He was the first person to report the DJ trade and generally has been on the nose with all of his reporting.  You can choose not to believe him because of his looks (presuming that's why you posted a photo of him), but I will continue to use logic and reasoning to sus out truths instead of starting with an answer and bending over backwards to defend everything that's remotely critical of the Hawks or our players.

9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Is that Jake Fischer?  He was the first person to report the DJ trade and generally has been on the nose with all of his reporting.  You can choose not to believe him because of his looks (presuming that's why you posted a photo of him), but I will continue to use logic and reasoning to sus out truths instead of starting with an answer and bending over backwards to defend everything that's remotely critical of the Hawks or our players.

Jeff - Generally I have agreed with you on a lot of topics but shunning DJ away because of minor personality traits is not it.

He has performed well in crunch time in many of our games, and people like you are ready to roll with every rumor that fits your narrative.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ohhh and macd swoops in off tha top rope with a fantastic point.

How many teams have added them clowns for 'toughness' or whatever?  Meanwhile, they've literally been involved in criminal activity that everybody knows about.  They can miss me with these reports of "concern" about Murray's being about the "right stuff".  

This is officially confirmed smoke.

I think when other teams or coaches are citing personality flaws, they are implicitly referring to personality flaws ...that affect team culture or winning.  Things like refusing to do what a coach says or creating toxicity in the locker room, or punching teammates in practice.