• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

Outsider opinion...

I'm just lightly surprised that y'all didn't see Landry ship out DJM for that coupon for Gain detergent that someone here mentioned.

Could it be that that's because enough Hawks fans, here and otherwise, have begun to take notice of the owner's fingerprints/routines/history?

For your sake, I'd like to think that. Coz as long as Antony Peter's perception was/is/will be that he's above it all, just an innocent non-meddling owner who has had the misfortune of having to intervene practically at gunpoint each and every time a big decision gets made... that only predicts more of the same and more of the same and more of the same.

You desperately need him to feel he's no longer able to promote himself as this True-to-Atlanta owner whose authenticity is above question because he shows up at his investment's games and he roots for the right team. If he's ever going to be empirically, not theoretically, proven to be won over to prioritizing winning on the court over personal financial success, the first step is this very thing that just happened... not making a spreadsheet trade.

Sooooooooooooooooo.... 06d1f852-ff9c-4104-ad03-12927ba5153e_tex  ... next step will be to see if he's willing not only to not make a spreadsheet trade, but to make an indisuptable non-spreadsheet trade... a legitimate basketball trade... taking on salary with only a basketball purpose served.

(Big bonus points if said trade turns the JC deal via TPC into something not only tangible but significant before time runs out in June.)

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm out til at least the draft.  Yall have fun.  I'm gonna watch the Celtics.  I've hated the Celts my entire old ass life but at least the are not the clown show Atlanta is.  

• Confused 4
  • Sad 6

We didnt even find Mills a home so maybe Bufkin can play.

We’ve still got the Mat(t)hews brothers sitting in front of AJ & Lundy.

Clint still taking minutes from OO. 

download.jpg.f7a88b3e28d4b4b80003c9199540e26d.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

To be fair, Gafford is younger and makes less than Capela.  With Lively playing well as a rook, I think the ship had already sailed for Capela and the Mavs.  I think there were other teams that would've made sense for Capela though. 

I said before the draft

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I'm out til at least the draft.  Yall have fun.  I'm gonna watch the Celtics.  I've hated the Celts my entire old ass life but at least the are not the clown show Atlanta is.  

now Vol you don't hafta be THAT dramatic. 

I'm mostly done til the draft as well, but no way in hell I'm wasting any of my own time watching green. Anything is more enjoyable than that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, warcore said:

now Vol you don't hafta be THAT dramatic. 

I'm mostly done til the draft as well, but no way in hell I'm wasting any of my own time watching green. Anything is more enjoyable than that. 

Ill watch the Hawks on TV, but no way Im paying $ to see this team... Its been that way for a min actually... Thats the only way Ressler will change anything.. As long as people keep going, this is what we're gonna get..

MID

• Like 4

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

C'mon man....anything but.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, terrell said:

You'll be back when our Playin game starts.. lol

Yep they start winning on a consistent level I will.  Tired of the struggle.  Been around since the 70s.  Never saw a NBA finals with the Hawks.  I'm on the go alot.  I was in Boston for business in the preseason and went to a game against the sixers.  Whole different atmosphere with that team.  I've attended over 100 Hawk games over the years, I've had season tickets.  I'll be 64 on valentines day (I'll be on the beach in Jamaica lol).   

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Can't blame ya.. they're hard for me to ignore.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, terrell said:

Ill watch the Hawks on TV, but no way Im paying $ to see this team... Its been that way for a min actually... Thats the only way Ressler will change anything.. As long as people keep going, this is what we're gonna get..

MID

I hear you on the money..... I'm regretting agreeing to travel to see the game in Denver on 4/6. I already told my homie I'd go and got the time off. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Dnice said:

Can't blame ya.. they're hard for me to ignore.

I love the Hawks, but Im gonna step outside the box for the rest of the season.   Hawks probably not gonna be in the playoffs so.....

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, warcore said:

Man lots of good flashbacks in this thread today (fleshbacks in @kg01s case)

Remember when someone started a thread petitioning to ban him as a mod? Who was that and are they still around?

Did that really happen?  How do I not remember that?  Perhaps I ... wasn't around then for ... reasons? 🙂

Who would stand to gain from that? (Looks at the current mods.  Does anybody suspect them?  It's kinda like how Jay-Z was in Biggie's shadow 'til his death, then he had a meteoric rise.  But no one suspects him of offin' Biggie.  Weird. 🧐. Only partially kidding.  Follow the money, folks.) 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

One of the more dramatic things I've read today, the Celtics, too? really??? Don't forget to order your Derrick White jersey from the selltics store

• Haha 3