• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All-Star Voting begins today

JayBirdHawk

21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm pissed.

Same. Ridiculous. Like a horrid dream. How can you possibly have an all star game without the best passer in the league..

It’s like the Isiah Thomas hate being brought on to Trae. 🤦‍♀️ 

• Like 1

Can somebody fire 🔥 Adam Silver.. honestly, 34 years ago this happened to lil baby Michael Adams with the double clutch release weird a$$ jumper I loved that lil fcker too! 

Shame on you NBA!!! TWICE???? Morons!!!

IMG_2883.jpeg

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

The Lakers got 2 Allstars.

So these coaches and players who pUT wiNNiNg FiRsT ...

voted for 2 Lakers to make the allstar team.

Two.

Dos

👬

And a 20 win GSW team, same number of wins as Hawks get there guy. Maybe it's different voting rules out West :er:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

This is more than just another snub.  'the way the league views this organization'.   And it's totally right.  This is bad not just for Trae and his legacy but for our team.  How many guys are going to avoid this org because you can't get any respect here. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

I’m a biased Hawks fan but in my 40 years of watching the NBA I’ve never seen a bigger snub. 

The only one I can remember dates back to the early 90’s like 93 or 94 I wanna say where they left off Mitch Richmond and Mitch was a BEAST for the Kings, I followed them when Spud got traded there. He was phenomenal as a shooting guard, he could do it all.

But even the Richmond snub wasn’t this bad to me. Mitch was awesome but Trae is a generational passer. 

When people say “life isn’t fair” sometimes it feels like a cliche of sorts. This week I learned from all aspects, damn doh 😖 

Like I used to ask @JayBirdHawk “what did I do to you” upon her smart Alecness towards me. 😂 

Now I wanna ask the same of the league, what did the Hawks do to you? You’d think it’s possibly commissioners but Stern dismissed us as much as he could as well, I guess Silver is from the Stern 🌲 but seriously, it’s like blatant disrespect that has to be seen by other fan bases as well? No? 

Processing all this bs.. is the day over yet? 😆 I need a nap 😴

• Like 3

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, shakes said:

Sacramento coach came out and ripped the league for not selecting Fox and Sabonis.

Someone please post the comments from Quin doing the same on behalf of Trae.

:popcorm1:

It is BS to see how the league (not the voters, the league) treats players in certain markets like Atlanta and Sacramento.  These guys would be automatic ins regardless of record if they wore a Knicks jersey, etc.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, AHF said:

It is BS to see how the league (not the voters, the league) treats players in certain markets like Atlanta and Sacramento.  These guys would be automatic ins regardless of record if they wore a Knicks jersey, etc.

Sac was the hot unexpected team last year with 2 Allstars. This year they have better numbers - no selections.

This year that surprise team distinction goes to Orlando and Banchero..

• Moderators
Just now, shakes said:

my concern is the the team's unwillingness to have Trae's back in these situations.   No one spoke up for him when he was getting dissed by Team USA.   So far, no one has said anything about this latest all star snub either.

Me and Ray Young pay attention to things like this.

Exactly.  Not only did no one speak up for him but LP actually spoke out for the decision saying Trae has to earn it or some crud like that.

And Grant Hill made not so thinly veiled slights saying they were looking for certain "types" of players. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, shakes said:

my concern is the the team's unwillingness to have Trae's back in these situations.   No one spoke up for him when he was getting dissed by Team USA.   So far, no one has said anything about this latest all star snub either.

Only Bob

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sac was the hot unexpected team last year with 2 Allstars. This year they have better numbers - no selections.

This year that surprise team distinction goes to Orlando and Banchero..

Magic basically a .500 team.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Exactly.  Not only did no one speak up for him but LP actually spoke out for the decision saying Trae has to earn it or some crud like that.

And Grant Hill made not so thinly veiled slights saying they were looking for certain "types" of players. 

they'll have no one to blame but themselves when Trae demands out this off season.

• Like 3

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, shakes said:

I'm with you.  Standing behind your star is well worth it even if it comes with a fine.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Here's the  other thing.  I lot of folks on twitter saying 'watch out Trae going to go crazy after the break because of this snub'

The whole point is though is he can't really play much better.   Sure you can always improve but he's playing at a friggin elite level and working with an average group as a team.   There isn't more he can do really short of carrying the whole group to the second or third round. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

LP bad talked Trae to coaches regarding the foul stuff and he didn't have his back regarding Team USA, encouraged them not to select him in both instances.

That's where this started. Then when LP got fired they most likely laid it at Trae's feet. The coaches association had much to say about LPs firing, but have not heard a peep regarding Griffin.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Here's the  other thing.  I lot of folks on twitter saying 'watch out Trae going to go crazy after the break because of this snub'

The whole point is though is he can't really play much better.   Sure you can always improve but he's playing at a friggin elite level and working with an average group as a team.   There isn't more he can do really short of carrying the whole group to the second or third round. 

Exactly. What may happen though, with everyone healthy we may go on our yearly mini run (if no trades) that may change the narrative and it'll be attributed to Trae 'going crazy' because of the snub.

• Like 1