• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All-Star Voting begins today

JayBirdHawk

34 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Not 'barbie'. Blokes.  Post a picture of that.  Haha. 

Oh ok, look if this doesn’t fancy you we gotta talk. I mean, I’ll bring a pic of Holyfield too if that works 😐 

image.gif.1890b99ee0749fbe7e1ae066fcece09e.gif

image.gif.51864845e82c92358ec7c3b3eed9904b.gif

• Haha 2

image.png.1be3688679767a65c3eb35f289c99d5a.png

I honestly forgot about the vote percentages.

Trae being 2nd in fan voting helps.  But if that only counts for 50%, he could easily get screwed again with the media and players vote.  Media are going to skew their vote toward players on winning teams ( although they didn't punish SGA and Haliburton for being on losing teams, nor did they punish Lebron ), while the players will be all over the place with their vote.

Trae could easily get a vote that looks like this

• Fans ( 2nd ) = 2
  • Media ( 7th ) = 7
  • Players ( 9th ) = 9
  • Average = 6.0

Barkley's comments with his All-Star team, and the way he named about 5 - 6 guards ahead of Trae, could easily be the way the media vote goes down.  Media will vote Trae over Brunson, because Brunson plays in New York, and the Knicks are on national TV every other week.

Most likely guard pool

• Haliburton ( IND )
  • Trae ( ATL )
  • Maxey ( PHI )
  • Mitchell ( CLE )
  • Lillard ( MIL )
  • Brunson ( NY )
  • Brown ( BOS )

If the coaches take 6 guards, and Trae doesn't get named as a starter, who are the coaches most likely to leave off?

East is very guard heavy, while noticeably weak on frontcourt players.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae being 2nd in fan voting helps.  But if that only counts for 50%, he could easily get screwed again with the media and players vote.  Media are going to skew their vote toward players on winning teams ( although they didn't punish SGA and Haliburton for being on losing teams, nor did they punish Lebron ), while the players will be all over the place with their vote.

• Fans ( 2nd ) = 2
  • Media ( 7th ) = 7
  • Players ( 9th ) = 9
  • Average = 6.0

I think you forgot about them in your math too!  By my calculation, your "weighted average" should be 5.0.

(50% * 2) + (25%*7) + (25%*9) = 5.0

Hopefully he won't get screwed like that but you are right that it is very possible.  (Being ranked 9th among guards would be crazy.)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 1/5/2024 at 7:35 AM, kg01 said:

No but I'm not surprised.  Lemme guess, Scal said Derrick White deserved some asg love?

I kinda tuned out a few weeks ago when I heard the afternoon guy say Trae couldn't start for some teams.

Like, I don't expect them to be fans, especially as we're losing.  But the thin-slicing of Trae, amidst the forgiving of other players' flaws, becomes disingenuous.  I mean, most of them still believe in Fade Losingham as a star.  Dude literally led a team to the longest losing streak in history.  And they "still believe"?  How?  Why?

Its the fandom of guys paraded as 'analysis' that bothers me.  Like, this guy was nice to me so I'll never criticize him.  Or, this guy didn't kiss my a**, so I'll never support him.  Smh, sorry for the rant folks. 

I know exactly what you mean. Someone I know used to love a Hawks player but then he tried to get an autograph from them and got rejected and he hates on them every chance he gets since then. He comes up with ludicrous trade proposals for the player and I just roll my eyes. 🤫

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/12/2024 at 11:05 AM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

image.png.1be3688679767a65c3eb35f289c99d5a.png

• Fans ( 2nd ) = 2
  • Media ( 7th ) = 7
  • Players ( 9th ) = 9
  • Average = 6.0

Barkley's comments with his All-Star team, and the way he named about 5 - 6 guards ahead of Trae, could easily be the way the media vote goes down.  Media will vote Trae over Brunson, because Brunson plays in New York, and the Knicks are on national TV every other week.

Most likely guard pool

• Haliburton ( IND )
  • Trae ( ATL )
  • Maxey ( PHI )
  • Mitchell ( CLE )
  • Lillard ( MIL )
  • Brunson ( NY )
  • Brown ( BOS )

If the coaches take 6 guards, and Trae doesn't get named as a starter, who are the coaches most likely to leave off?

East is very guard heavy, while noticeably weak on frontcourt players.

I feel you, but that’s why the fan vote is so important. Unless the players and coaches are on the exact page about who the (2) best guards in the East are, they are likely just splitting votes against each other.

There is no consensus name that is being overly screwed in the fan vote for them to rally behind either.

Maxey, Brunson, Dame, Spida, are each equally deserving. The New England market alone will push Derrick White and Brown to both make it which will sacrifice votes from the other guys. In the end, if Trae stays as the #2 fan vote guard, it’s extremely hard to supplant him in a year with so many other options to choose from vs 1 or 2 strong and obvious candidates.

Edited by RedDawg#8

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

#2 guard in the east.  #5 player in east fan voting.  Trae has to be a starter right?

fan voting is 50%, player and media the other 50%