• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All-Star Voting begins today

JayBirdHawk

Two crappy coaches that didn’t do squat get fired from the hawks. Coaching establishment permanently punish Trae Young for the rest of his career because of it. Players think he’s overrated despite Trae averaging 27 and 11 and cooking them. MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!!! TRAE YOUNG IS THE MOST UNDERRATED PLAYER THIS DECADE! THE DISREPSECT IS CRAZY!!!

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This has been a pretty disappointing season to be honest. I did not expect this team to be well below .500 at this point in the season. Unfortunately for Trae, the East is loaded with guards on winning teams. It's unfair to him since he's clearly an All Star level player, but we can't be surprised at this point. The Hawks' win/loss record gives the naysayers all the ammunition they need. The bottom line is the Hawks have to win games.

• Like 3

Not really shocked he wasn’t named a starter.  W’s + L’s are undeniably a factor at play for the media.  25% vote and they give the Hawks no love.

But to be dissed by Players/Coaches/Peers is something else entirely.  They have a better appreciation for in season accomplishments.  More so than fans not in the know and some media who ignore the Hawks and have already written them off.  Maybe W’s and L’s are a factor for players too?  But I would lean more towards how he’s viewed by his peers around the league.  Attitude, demeanor, style of play, physical attributes, etc…

Have to take in account that a lot of guys are having a good year and there are only 7 more spots.  Brunson is killing it.   But out of Trae, Brunson and Maxey…Trae is the only one in the NBA top 10 in PPG, Assist  and Steals.  Not to mention December and his in season accomplishments year to date.

I don’t think the coaches would ultimately base their decision off of W’s and L’s.  For them to leave him off would also speak volumes about how he’s viewed across the league.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

One Media vote?

Screenshot_20240125_212817_Samsung Internet.jpg

I watched a recent episode of The Hoop Collective the other day.  They did a mock all star selection.  Was hoping to gather some insight on the medias perspective.  See what their reasonings were.

Windhorst and Bontemps left him off completely.  Both did acknowledge his accomplishments this season.  After all 3 selected their starters, Macmahon took him with his final roster spot (12th pick/7th reserve).  He was the only one.  Said he had to take him because his numbers just jump off the page.

Made me wonder if the media is really paying attention to everything that’s going on across the league or if they’re just reading box scores while relying on reports from someone covering that specific region.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

At this point it's a farce: they'll use team record when it suits them, stats when it does to justify a selection.

Agree.  When it’s this close though, you would think that historical achievement would carry some weight.  Probably does though doesn’t it?  For specific media darlings…

6 minutes ago, Chrimturn said:

Not really shocked he wasn’t named a starter.  W’s + L’s are undeniably a factor at play for the media.  25% vote and they give the Hawks no love.

But to be dissed by Players/Coaches/Peers is something else entirely.  They have a better appreciation for in season accomplishments.  More so than fans not in the know and some media who ignore the Hawks and have already written them off.  Maybe W’s and L’s are a factor for players too?  But I would lean more towards how he’s viewed by his peers around the league.  Attitude, demeanor, style of play, physical attributes, etc…

Have to take in account that a lot of guys are having a good year and there are only 7 more spots.  Brunson is killing it.   But out of Trae, Brunson and Maxey…Trae is the only one in the NBA top 10 in PPG, Assist  and Steals.  Not to mention December and his in season accomplishments year to date.

I don’t think the coaches would ultimately base their decision off of W’s and L’s.  For them to leave him off would also speak volumes about how he’s viewed across the league.

Told ya'll the fix would be in.

Brunson getting the #2 vote in the media.   Both the players and media voting him 6th.

12 minutes ago, Chrimturn said:

Of course they would.  They've done it before.

The years that Trae supposedly turned down an All-Star invite, he was an injury replacement.

If they leave Trae off this year, he needs to go FULL VILLAIN and just be the most hated player in the league forreal.

Bring the nutmeg back.  Start talking even more shit to people.  That's how he's perceived anyway.

Give them what they want.

• Premium Member

The problem is the media and the players vote. 

I heard that Giannis campaigned players to vote Lillard #2 and Trae out.  If the allstar game is about the fans.. then the Fan Vote should carry the day.  This is a huge injustice. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

The problem is the media and the players vote. 

I heard that Giannis campaigned players to vote Lillard #2 and Trae out.  If the allstar game is about the fans.. then the Fan Vote should carry the day.  This is a huge injustice. 

As is always the case with Adam Sliver, he overreacted.  Overreacted to the notion that alleged foreign bots were stuffing the fan ballot for Zaza years ago when he was with GS.  So now we have this ridiculous system with players wasting their votes on friends or using them to exact revenge on guys they're jealous of.  Combined with media sycophants selling their souls for favors. 

To be clear, the actual issue is our team record.  If we were better, none of this would matter.  Or, at least, it would make it glaringly obvious there's a campaign against the kid.

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

As is always the case with Adam Sliver, he overreacted.  Overreacted to the notion that alleged foreign bots were stuffing the fan ballot for Zaza years ago when he was with GS.  So now we have this ridiculous system with players wasting their votes on friends or using them to exact revenge on guys they're jealous of.  Combined with media sycophants selling their souls for favors. 

To be clear, the actual issue is our team record.  If we were better, none of this would matter.  Or, at least, it would make it glaringly obvious there's a campaign against the kid.

^100% agree with this. The ownership is doing this guy a disservice by not surrounding him with the right personnel. '20-'21 wasn't a fluke, it was a template the Hawks should've followed after guys like Solo, Gallo, Huerter, Delon, and even Cam were gone. You have to replace those guys with equivalent or better players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Has Lebron ever missed an Allstar game?

These are Lebron Laker years.. to keep it in perspective.

image.png

2022 Allstar game..

all-star-captains-graphic.jpg

Lebron was the Team Captain...  Lakers were losing that whole season.  At the break, they were like 26-31.  Yet.. he was not only voted in.. He was the freaking Team Captain.

Team record is a great smoke screen but has absolutely nothing to do with it.   It's about how popular you are among players and media.  The media hates Trae.  They look past his numbers and pick who they like.  Trae is top 10 in ppg, apg, and spg... and the fans gave him the second most votes... and he's not a starter and might get snubbed. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Team record definitely factors in very heavily.  Why else would Jeff Teague ever have an All-Star selection on his resume?  Or Kyle Korver?  Just to name two examples close to home.

The problem is that the people relying on it do so hypocritically.  They are happy to boost some players from losing teams based on their numbers and Trae bears the brunt of that hypocrisy.  

#10 in PPG

#2 in APG

#10 in SPG

Somehow this doesn't meet their criteria because the Hawks have a losing record but we've seen and we'll see again guys with less impressive numbers from other markets chosen over Trae without facing the same scrutiny over team record.  (For example, we've seen Dame despite having many of the same strengths and weaknesses as Trae selected as an All-Star despite leading his team to losing records.)

If a rookie without Trae's baggage was putting up his numbers, they would be in the All-Star game.  

I think winning is the only cure for Trae.  If the Hawks were sitting at 25-18 he would be in this year either as a starter or as a reserve.  I'm not confident he'll get an invite at 18-25.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Has Lebron ever missed an Allstar game?

These are Lebron Laker years.. to keep it in perspective.

image.png

2022 Allstar game..

all-star-captains-graphic.jpg

Lebron was the Team Captain...  Lakers were losing that whole season.  At the break, they were like 26-31.  Yet.. he was not only voted in.. He was the freaking Team Captain.

Team record is a great smoke screen but has absolutely nothing to do with it.   It's about how popular you are among players and media.  The media hates Trae.  They look past his numbers and pick who they like.  Trae is top 10 in ppg, apg, and spg... and the fans gave him the second most votes... and he's not a starter and might get snubbed. 

I think we are well aware of the hypocrisy when it comes to winning being a factor in being an All Star. I'm saying that if the Hawks were 26-18 instead of being 18-26, the media and other naysayers wouldn't have the ammunition to snub Trae like they have over the years. Win/loss record is just a convenient excuse they use to penalize a guy they may not like.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2