• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All-Star Voting begins today

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, AHF said:

Team record definitely factors in very heavily.  Why else would Jeff Teague ever have an All-Star selection on his resume?  Or Kyle Korver?  Just to name two examples close to home.

Well, Kyle Korver was shooting over 50% from three at the time and was the engine to the Hawks success.  But the way that record had to do with the picks.. was that Coach Bud was the coach for the Eastern teams and he picked the reserves.   All of our players were reserves.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, AHF said:

If the Hawks were sitting at 25-18 he would be in this year either as a starter or as a reserve.

I question that he would be a starter.   Trae will never get media votes.   And if Players can campaign for their teammates, it will be hard for him to beat more popular players.   He was number two by fan vote this year.   The media and the players left him at 6. 

11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I question that he would be a starter.   Trae will never get media votes.   And if Players can campaign for their teammates, it will be hard for him to beat more popular players.   He was number two by fan vote this year.   The media and the players left him at 6. 

I have to agree with you on this one.  Media very well may be more favorable if the W’s + L’s were flipped.  But as long as the player vote exists, he’s going to have a long row to hoe.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I’m less concerned about starter or reserve and more about All-Star or not.

• Like 1

The most disrespected star in nba history 

Just now, JTB said:

The only reason Trae isn’t getting in is because of the team record . Hard to put a player in the ASG when you have a losing record.

SGA and many others like Steph 

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JTB said:

The only reason Trae isn’t getting in is because of the team record . Hard to put a player in the ASG when you have a losing record.

Yep, this is pretty much it.  The massive market players and players who have won chips get more leeway with team record, but Trae isn't going to get that.

With that said, Maxey over him in particular is an egregious decision.  But it's mostly a popularity contest and Trae isn't that popular around the league...

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JTB said:

I don't think it's the only reason, but it's pretty absurd he's been snubbed again.  Just slowly nudging him out the door.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:blanky:

Brunson deserved

JB meh

Bam meh

Maxey been ballin but we're about to see what hes made of with Joel out..

Paolo deserved

• Premium Member
On 1/26/2024 at 6:51 PM, AHF said:

I’m less concerned about starter or reserve and more about All-Star or not.

Silver will probably select Derrick White and a big, maybe Porzingas or Allen to replace Randall and Embiid. :blanky:.

I feel sad for Trae, the treatment is undeserved.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Silver will probably select Derrick White and a big, maybe Porzingas to replace Randall and Embiid. :blanky:.

I feel sad for Trae, the treatment is undeserved.

Oh, I can see that happening which would be totally cringe seeing as how Boston has been no where near as good to warrant four all-stars.

2.2 million Fans:  "We want to see Trae Young in the All-Star game"

NBA:  "We hear you!  Here's Dame, Brunson, and Maxey just liked you asked!"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2