• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All-Star Voting begins today

JayBirdHawk

31 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Magic basically a .500 team.  

They peaked at the right time.  I'm expecting a fall late.

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm with you.  Standing behind your star is well worth it even if it comes with a fine.

To me though, it's like the old adage that you don't pick a fight with a guy that buys ink in bulk.  Even if the points are valid, it'll be against the backdrop of a mountain of coaches/media comments like "Oh yeah, we got it right".  "I dunno what they're complaining about, they're just whining." 

Won't be useful and will weaponize them further against him.  Stupid. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

To me though, it's like the old adage that you don't pick a fight with a guy that buys ink in bulk.  Even if the points are valid, it'll be against the backdrop of a mountain of coaches/media comments like "Oh yeah, we got it right".  "I dunno what they're complaining about, they're just whining." 

so you think it's better to not speak up for your star player and instead do nothing because if you speak up people will just complain about you?

How do you type without a backbone?  You must not sit in chairs.

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Exactly.  Not only did no one speak up for him but LP actually spoke out for the decision saying Trae has to earn it or some crud like that.

And Grant Hill made not so thinly veiled slights saying they were looking for certain "types" of players. 

Well if LP and Hill spoke like that, what do you think the other coaches are saying?

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I prefer they back their guy regardless. It's more about Trae than the 'Them'

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Well if LP and Hill spoke like that, what do you think the other coaches are saying?

Who cares.  Other coaches are following the lead of the player's actual coach and owner.  This is why you stick up for your guys.  If you can't stick up for them then they shouldn't be on your team.  Look at who's still on the team.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, shakes said:

so you think it's better to not speak up for your star player and instead do nothing because if you speak up people will just complain about you?

How do you type without a backbone?  You must not sit in chairs.

The coaches are the ones with no spines.  And the players are frauds.  Know your audience.  Public humiliation has no effect on these people.  Have you seen the... (women they date?  Nah.  Clothes they wear?  Too easy.  Ah, he gets the idea)....

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I prefer they back their guy regardless. It's more about Trae than the 'Them'

"Man it would be nice if we had a well-respected guy that held an influential leadership position that could swing some of these things I'm our favor." - future comments from Orioles fans 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

...add Haliburton to the terrible defender list too and what is his excuse at 6'-5".

Add Brunson to that list, if we're being honest.  He's saved by significantly better roster building than Trae's had. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

LP bad talked Trae to coaches regarding the foul stuff and he didn't have his back regarding Team USA, encouraged them not to select him in both instances.

That's where this started. Then when LP got fired they most likely laid it at Trae's feet. The coaches association had much to say about LPs firing, but have not heard a peep regarding Griffin.

Do you think it may have to do with his community involvement a few years back where he got so much positive press?

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

Do you think it may have to do with his community involvement a few years back where he got so much positive press?

No.

I think This was strictly about what LP said to other coaches about Trae and how they've subsequently viewed him since LP got fired.

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

Reminder:

• Like 1

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

If you are asking about LP's community involvement being the reason his firing was a big issue but Griffin's isn't, I would say it has to do with the combination of the support of Pops for LP and the lack of respect for Atlanta.  Pops came out swinging in a "how dare a team as ****y as Atlanta can my guy" and others piled on.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, AHF said:

If you are asking about LP's community involvement being the reason his firing was a big issue but Griffin's isn't, I would say it has to do with the combination of the support of Pops for LP and the lack of respect for Atlanta.  Pops came out swinging in a "how dare a team as ****y as Atlanta can my guy" and others piled on.

That is more what I was asking.  I just can’t understand why LP is so loved by other coaches other than the social justice stances that garnered a lot of positive attention publicly and, I am surmising, privately in coaching circles.

…or they all just hate Trae that much.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

That is more what I was asking.  I just can’t understand why LP is so loved by other coaches other than the social justice stances that garnered a lot of positive attention publicly and, I am surmising, privately in coaching circles.

I think he just has some influential connections among the coaching community and they have had his back and dragged Trae as a result.  This despite the fact that it is pretty much unheard of for any coach to undermine his own player the way LP did with Trae.  Talk about stabbing someone in the back and then pretending to be the victim.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think he just has some influential connections among the coaching community and they have had his back and dragged Trae as a result.  This despite the fact that it is pretty much unheard of for any coach to undermine his own player the way LP did with Trae.  Talk about stabbing someone in the back and then pretending to be the victim.

After that all came out I am not a fan of the guy at all.  Same with Grant Hill.  Support your team and your players.  If it was an Isaiah Rider situation I could see it but Trae is not that despite what some may say.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

yep.  That douche Rick Carlisle literally said the Hawks were wrong to fire him after all the great work LP did for the democratic party.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm going to add that this all star snub is squarely on the Hawks organization.   I know we've debated the financial merits of what the Hawks are doing but having competent depth at the 3&4 we wouldn't have cratered so hard when JJ and Hunter went down with injuries.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2