• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All-Star Voting begins today

JayBirdHawk

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

G-Leaguers should absolutely not be participating.  This is a joke of a lineup.  We are supposed to be watching the biggest stars in the NBA who are also the best dunkers.  For two of the participants to have a combined career 4 minutes played just makes this a joke.  

Its a joke.  You tellin me no actual NBA player wanted in?  I feel like they're tryna force feed the McClung stuff and glomed on the Toppin guy to make it less obvious.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Its a joke.  You tellin me no actual NBA player wanted in?  I feel like they're tryna force feed the McClung stuff and glomed on the Toppin guy to make it less obvious.

Having two non-NBA players just makes it more obvious.  Both may be just amazing dunkers but they don't belong in an NBA All-Star weekend featured event.  Even borderline role players don't belong, imo.  You are looking for the best dunkers among real NBA players not seeing if some high school kid can pull off something amazing and inviting him for the show.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Having two non-NBA players just makes it more obvious.  Both may be just amazing dunkers but they don't belong in an NBA All-Star weekend featured event.  Even borderline role players don't belong, imo.  You are looking for the best dunkers among real NBA players not seeing if some high school kid can pull off something amazing and inviting him for the show.

They need to make the 3pt shooting contest the last event. The dunk context has been anti-climactic for a few years now. 

• Moderators

While I think he is an excellent player, just pointing out that after Embiid went down and teams shifted to put more pressure on Maxey he has really been struggling.  His last 3 games he has averaged 20 points on 35.8% FG% and 30% 3pt% to go with 2.7 rebounds, 5 assists, and 2.7 turnovers.  Hope the coaches recognize at some point that other players would struggle with the kind of attention that Trae gets night after night and stop rewarding guys who get free passes in terms of defensive schemes not focusing on them due to having superstar teammates ala Giannis, Embiid, etc.  At least stop rewarding them over guys with better production who are also the focus of opposing defenses.  Winning with better teammates should not obscure the obvious on who the games biggest stars are.

• Like 3

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

While I think he is an excellent player, just pointing out that after Embiid went down and teams shifted to put more pressure on Maxey he has really been struggling.  His last 3 games he has averaged 20 points on 35.8% FG% and 30% 3pt% to go with 2.7 rebounds, 5 assists, and 2.7 turnovers.  Hope the coaches recognize at some point that other players would struggle with the kind of attention that Trae gets night after night and stop rewarding guys who get free passes in terms of defensive schemes not focusing on them due to having superstar teammates ala Giannis, Embiid, etc.  At least stop rewarding them over guys with better production who are also the focus of opposing defenses.  Winning with better teammates should not obscure the obvious on who the games biggest stars are.

It's almost as if having an elite guard and an elite big is the secret to winning in the NBA.  This is new stuff as of 1960. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, AHF said:

Coaches votes should have to match their gameplans. If you send doubles, box and-1’s, traps on PNR, etc…, against a player you cannot vote for a another guy who you defend straight up and cite winning as the excuse.

Clearly, Trae Young would bust that ass if you left a defender on him 1v1 all game long and it would probably result in more of those coveted wins. So pat yourself on the back, coaches, your gameplan was successful. Don’t double down and punish him for the team loss.

• Moderators

Just adding one more coda to the whole Trae Young vs Derrick White debate.  

In White's last 10 games, he has games with:

2, 4, 6, 6 and 9 points (meaning 50% of those games have been single digit scoring)

1, 2, 3, 4, 4, and 5 assists (meaning 60% of those games have been 5 or fewer assists) with a high of 7 assists

Can you imagine how the media would kill Trae for a streak of games like that?  

He is a very useful rotation player but All-Star?  Give me a break.

• Like 4