• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All-Star Voting begins today

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, shakes said:

yep.  That douche Rick Carlisle literally said the Hawks were wrong to fire him after all the great work LP did for the democratic party.

Having political stances make you popular in sports is dumb. 

3 hours ago, AHF said:

LP made a bad mistake in his role as a steward of the Hawks.  Should have listened to his Grandma and just said nothing if he had nothing good to say about his own player.  No doubt in my mind that many immature young players have benefited from time around successful vets as in the national team format.  LP could have done himself and Trae a favor by supporting Trae's candidacy but I suspect he saw Trae's warts every day and wanted to make sure he didn't look bad to Pops.  I would hope that LP has learned a few lessons over time and would make a different decision if he had the chance to do it over again.

Whatever quotes from other coaches about how wrong it was for Atlanta to fire a coach who had lost his team and was struggling, it is no coincidence that no team has hired him since.  We are years from his termination and I don't think he has gotten close to getting back to a head coaching role and that says everything given how many coaches get second, third, etc. chances.

Hill is just a phony who is now in a position for which he is not qualified.  Nothing good to say about him.  What a disappointment.

As Shakes used earlier as a description, Grant Hill is a grifter.  How he is doing it again with the Orioles.  He is going to be like Scrooge McDuck soon and not have to do anything:  he is even terrible at being the “face” of the ownership group.  At least Magic Johnson is charismatic.

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I'm going to add that this all star snub is squarely on the Hawks organization.   I know we've debated the financial merits of what the Hawks are doing but having competent depth at the 3&4 we wouldn't have cratered so hard when JJ and Hunter went down with injuries.  

Yes.  Why are we so terrible at marketing?  It should be a full court press (see what I did there!?!) on getting Trae in every year.  More money for the owners, more exposure for the team, Trae is happier, and TNT is next door.  Blows my mind.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shakes said:

yep.  That douche Rick Carlisle literally said the Hawks were wrong to fire him after all the great work LP did for the democratic party.

You got a quote?

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

LP bad talked Trae to coaches regarding the foul stuff and he didn't have his back regarding Team USA, encouraged them not to select him in both instances.

That's where this started. Then when LP got fired they most likely laid it at Trae's feet. The coaches association had much to say about LPs firing, but have not heard a peep regarding Griffin.

Well, LP is in demand for head coaching vacancies.   Not.  

• Haha 1

Tony Ressler should publicly say something about Trae getting snubbed.

if Cubans boy Luka got snubbed he’d be all over the nba.

smh…it’s like the hawks organization don’t know how to treat their star players publicly .

or fields should say something, maybe even korver….kill the reputation that we aren’t a bad organization so stars can start to see a change. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, JTB said:

Tony Ressler should publicly say something about Trae getting snubbed.

if Cubans boy Luka got snubbed he’d be all over the nba.

smh…it’s like the hawks organization don’t know how to treat their star players publicly .

or fields should say something, maybe even korver….kill the reputation that we aren’t a bad organization so stars can start to see a change. 

Fields should definitely be out the gate saying something. 

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

Trae got the LeBron stamp of approval 

Lebron Capping. 

When Trae was an allstar, Lebron didn't pick him to be on Team Lebron. 

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Diesel said:

Lebron Capping. 

When Trae was an allstar, Lebron didn't pick him to be on Team Lebron. 

It would be interesting to know if LBJ voted for Trae in the player poll.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

For all those who say that The Hawks Record should disqualify Trae from being an Allstar... I offer this:

Spoiler

image.png

They both play on 20 win teams.  One is an allstar and one is not...

The fact is that there are not many players that can match up to Trae statistically... so we hear this .. Losing record B.S. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
  • Moderators
12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

giphy.gif

Why are g-leaguers in the nba dunk competition?  I know they want Mac in there but 2 out 4?  And JB waited until he was 27 years old to do it.  

Aaron Gordon should come out of retirement from the competition and get his long overdue title. 

• Premium Member

Why are g-leaguers in the nba dunk competition?  I know they want Mac in there but 2 out 4?  And JB waited until he was 27 years old to do it.  

Aaron Gordon should come out of retirement from the competition and get his long overdue title. 

I don't blame him for refusing to participate again.  I don't know if there was something personal between him and the judges (mostly D. Wade), but he got robbed. With that said, I think Mac takes it again regardless. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

G-Leaguers should absolutely not be participating.  This is a joke of a lineup.  We are supposed to be watching the biggest stars in the NBA who are also the best dunkers.  For two of the participants to have a combined career 4 minutes played just makes this a joke.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1