• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All-Star Voting begins today

JayBirdHawk

It’s easy to ignore Trae if he’s not on TV, but when you open up the ballot to vote, he is perched firmly at the top of all guards due to his stats. You can’t ignore that. Edwards to me is a great example. He is easily a starter for the West but is buried on the ballot because of counting stats and his place in the voting reflects that.

People are lazy, Trae is the most productive guard on the ballot. If you knew nothing else about basketball you would just roll with that.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

you listening this morning @kg01 ?     Scal and Isola picked the all star teams.  came up with 15 names in contention, not a single mention of Trae.   Even when they listed every team one by one they didn't mention Trae when they got to Atlanta.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, shakes said:

you listening this morning @kg01 ?     Scal and Isola picked the all star teams.  came up with 15 names in contention, not a single mention of Trae.   Even when they listed every team one by one they didn't mention Trae when they got to Atlanta.

No but I'm not surprised.  Lemme guess, Scal said Derrick White deserved some asg love?

I kinda tuned out a few weeks ago when I heard the afternoon guy say Trae couldn't start for some teams.

Like, I don't expect them to be fans, especially as we're losing.  But the thin-slicing of Trae, amidst the forgiving of other players' flaws, becomes disingenuous.  I mean, most of them still believe in Fade Losingham as a star.  Dude literally led a team to the longest losing streak in history.  And they "still believe"?  How?  Why?

Its the fandom of guys paraded as 'analysis' that bothers me.  Like, this guy was nice to me so I'll never criticize him.  Or, this guy didn't kiss my a**, so I'll never support him.  Smh, sorry for the rant folks. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

No but I'm not surprised.  Lemme guess, Scal said Derrick White deserved some asg love?

mark that spot on your bingo card.  Scal turned  it into a discussion as to whehter the Celtics would get 4 or just 3 all stars.   Porzingus vs White or both.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, shakes said:

mark that spot on your bingo card.  Scal turned  it into a discussion as to whehter the Celtics would get 4 or just 3 all stars.   Porzingus vs White or both.

Wow, I was half kidding.  That's tone deafness mixed with extreme homerism. 

I get it, White is a great roleplayer.  But let's put him in a situation where teams have to gameplan for him and see how effective he is.

I hate when people compare role players, excelling in a limited role, to guys who excel at the top of the scouting report.  It's like comparing Maxey to Trae and pretending like 10 defensive eyes aren't keyed on the league MVP ......... and then maybe Maxey.  It's not apples to apples.  

Smh, this ain't how the game is supposed to go.  I'm supposed to listen to nbaradio and try to make your head explode.  Not the other way around. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

hopefully with Hali on the shelf Trae can catch him in votes.    

When is the game?  Maybe Hali will still be out.

LFG, this is our playoffs!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shakes said:

hopefully with Hali on the shelf Trae can catch him in votes.    

When is the game?  Maybe Hali will still be out.

LFG, this is our playoffs!

[ ]

For [all our] fans who love Trae . . . keep voting every day.

And definitely vote tomorrow.

I think Trae may be quite big on the international stage as well.  They loved him in Mexico.

Trae's team should send out a thank you message in Spanish, to thank his Latino supporters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think Trae may be quite big on the international stage as well.  They loved him in Mexico.

Trae's team should send out a thank you message in Spanish, to thank his Latino supporters.

I’m on it baby and have been lately I just started out slow this year! Let’s go Trae!

6 hours ago, Dnice said:

eyeball emoji

image.thumb.png.503541f8a400a9a9f5d8cdfa04ed6e76.png

I believe the answer to my question is yes but..

Can both Hali and Trae start in the backcourt at the all star game? I mean I don’t know anymore with Silver and his stupid changes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m on it baby and have been lately I just started out slow this year! Let’s go Trae!

I believe the answer to my question is yes but..

Can both Hali and Trae start in the backcourt at the all star game? I mean I don’t know anymore with Silver and his stupid changes.

Yeah, the starters are the starters.  But your confusion is warranted.  Sliver can't figure out what TF to do from year to year.  Hey Adam, just keep it simple stupid. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

[ ]

For [all our] fans who love Trae . . . keep voting every day.

LOL . . . point taken mods.

I'll behave.

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2024 at 8:35 AM, kg01 said:

I kinda tuned out a few weeks ago when I heard the afternoon guy say Trae couldn't start for some teams.

Like, I don't expect them to be fans, especially as we're losing.  But the thin-slicing of Trae, amidst the forgiving of other players' flaws, becomes disingenuous.  I mean, most of them still believe in Fade Losingham as a star.  Dude literally led a team to the longest losing streak in history.  And they "still believe"?  How?  Why?

Its the fandom of guys paraded as 'analysis' that bothers me.  Like, this guy was nice to me so I'll never criticize him.  Or, this guy didn't kiss my a**, so I'll never support him.  Smh, sorry for the rant folks. 

Barkley just did this very thing tonight.

He's picking the All-Stars based on the teams that are good.  Shaq repeatedly told him that the All-Star game is about individuals and a popularity contest.  Barkley picked everyone but Trae in his top 11.  Only relented a little when Ernie mentions Trae Young as an All-Star.

See, they messed everything up last year, when they named Haliburton and SGA All-Stars for the great INDIVIDUAL SEASONS they were having, despite their teams being under .500.  So don't act like these are "team rewards", when you gave an All-Star nod to a guy who was having an outstanding season, but his team was 18 - 40 at the All-Star break ( OKC ).

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Barkley just did this very thing tonight.

He's picking the All-Stars based on the teams that are good.  Shaq repeatedly told him that the All-Star game is about individuals and a popularity contest.  Barkley picked everyone but Trae in his top 11.  Only relented a little when Ernie mentions Trae Young as an All-Star.

See, they messed everything up last year, when they named Haliburton and SGA All-Stars for the great INDIVIDUAL SEASONS they were having, despite their teams being under .500.  So don't act like these are "team rewards", when you gave an All-Star nod to a guy who was having an outstanding season, but his team was 18 - 40 at the All-Star break ( OKC ).

The best (worst) part is now fans, even 'hawks' fans, will cite these eggsperts.  "See, see not even Barkley thinks Trays good!"  Totally ignoring these inconsistencies in their 'analysis'.

I'm still tryna figure how the IND guy and the OKC guy got all-nba love despite middling-to-bad team success.  We've been told that one is indeed team-dependent.  OKC?  Them blokes were 40-42 last year.  In 10th place.  And their guy was 1st team all-nba?  Make it make sense.  Not saying he's not good, just wondering why the bar is different for some. 

• Thanks 1