• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Front Office Failures..

Diesel

• Premium Member

Before we make another mistake... I want to put this out.

1. Kev for a 1st. 
  2. JC for cap space. 

Why is it so hard for our FO to trade one of our rotation guys for a player who can make our rotation.

Trading Murray will be a mistake.  Quin has to prove himself.   Make Murray and Trae work is his objective.  I don't buy into the narrative that Trae and DJ don't work.   Get some Front Court help...  Another star to go with Trae, DJ, and JJ. 

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member

The writing is on the wall. 

Last year around this time... We reached out to Chris Grant to be the GM of the Hawks.  He almost came and he changed his mind at the last minute. 

Today.. As the Hawks were playing the Pacers, we announce that Chris Grant is the Executive Adviser...

Time for the Big Boys to take back control. 

• Like 1

Landry Fields was never a GM. No where near it. Banging on the table and pointing around the room when he drafted Bufkin, I knew this team had no chance.  Lets shake the team up because its not getting past Bucks, Pacers, Heat, Celtics in a 7 game series currently constructed. 

I feel bad for Quinn. Dude doesn't deserve this

16 hours ago, Diesel said:

Before we make another mistake... I want to put this out.

1. Kev for a 1st. 
  2. JC for cap space. 

Why is it so hard for our FO to trade one of our rotation guys for a player who can make our rotation.

Trading Murray will be a mistake.  Quin has to prove himself.   Make Murray and Trae work is his objective.  I don't buy into the narrative that Trae and DJ don't work.   Get some Front Court help...  Another star to go with Trae, DJ, and JJ. 

Because the teams who want our players want to get better from the trade. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

Landry Fields was never a GM. No where near it. Banging on the table and pointing around the room when he drafted Bufkin, I knew this team had no chance.  Lets shake the team up because its not getting past Bucks, Pacers, Heat, Celtics in a 7 game series currently constructed. 

Quin's dumbass had so many chances to take any other job which was way better than this one and took this one. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Because the teams who want our players want to get better from the trade. 

The first problem is that your GM making calls is always moving from a position of weakness.   If I get a call from Landry, I'm automatically knowing that I'm getting the better of the deal. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Quin's dumbass had so many chances to take any other job which was way better than this one and took this one. 

Quin is showing himself to be made by his players.  Now he wants players that fit "this" mold.. it's not a good look.  The way we lose speaks to coaching. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Whatever 'THIS' is, it's not a good look. Speaks to Ressler's mindset making less than thoughtful quick decisions without any thought for continuity of a thorough shared vision. 

Pick an approach and see it through. Continued front office turnover leads to instability that trickles down to the court.

WE JUST CAN'T GET RIGHT! IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING!

He lets Lil Nicky and his Super Friends have the Hawks as a play thing, and now here we are. :blanky:

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

Why do you feel bad for Quin?  He's failing coaching wise too, with some of these trash lineups he's putting out on the floor.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Whatever 'THIS' is, it's not a good look. Speaks to Ressler's mindset making less than thoughtful quick decisions without any thought for continuity of a thorough shared vision. 

Pick an approach and see it through. Continued front office turnover leads to instability that trickles down to the court.

WE JUST CAN'T GET RIGHT! IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING!

He lets Lil Nicky and his Super Friends have the Hawks as a play thing, and now here we are. :blanky:

This is the main problem imo.  Ressler meddles too much and is too impatient.  Everything we do feels desperate, starting with leaving the tank too early.  

And Trae Young turned out to be a cash cow for this franchise that had no marketable players, and now we've given him way too much influence imo, and molded a culture around Trae Young, who continues to show his immaturity on the court, and its clearly influencing our off the court decisions.  

If i had my way with this roster, wed hold Murray until the offseason and trade Trae.  Build around Murray/JJ/OO.  Far easier foundation.  The biggest change would be the team culture, Murray has a significantly better attitude on and off the court.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, theheroatl said:

I think you're on to something.. I think Ressler decided to bring in Chris Grant as Landry's replacement. If Landry can't get it together by the deadline.. see ya.

Look at how Ressler works....

When LP was coach.. Nate was brought in to be "top assistant".  Everybody gushed over having an assistant with experience helping LP.   LP was fired midseason and Nate was given the chance to coach the team.   Now we don't remember whoose idea it was to bring Nate in.. Maybe LP wanted Nate...  It looks better that way.

Well now, Chris Grant has been added.   We don't know whose Idea it was to bring in Grant.  If it was Landry... it looks better...

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Why do you feel bad for Quin?  He's failing coaching wise too, with some of these trash lineups he's putting out on the floor.

Quin is probably an offensive genius.   Probably.  However, I don't know if he's a coaching genius.  He has many of the very same flaws we saw in Nate.   His disposition is a little better.. but same flaws.   Nate had JJ,   Quin has AJ.   The problem is we know that Aj can play.  Ever since Quin has been coach, AJ has been benched.   And I am not going to say that Quin won't play young players but I will say it's young players that saved him in Utah.

Hayward, Spyda Mitchell and Joe Ingles saved him in Utah. 

I think he is player centric.  i.e. he can't win without the right players.   Instead of KAT, he would have us in talks with Minny to get Gobert. 

My assertion is that Trae and DJ can win.  They are not a broken matchup.  They can win together.   However, you need the right frontcourt and you need the right coaching. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, StonedDogs said:

I feel bad he took this team as a job. Quin needs a good cast to perform. 

We went to Costa Rica to get this guy.  Paid him 8 Million dollars per.  He has to do better than we could have done with Prunty.   Prunty was a better coach.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

This is the main problem imo.  Ressler meddles too much and is too impatient.  Everything we do feels desperate, starting with leaving the tank too early.  

And Trae Young turned out to be a cash cow for this franchise that had no marketable players, and now we've given him way too much influence imo, and molded a culture around Trae Young, who continues to show his immaturity on the court, and its clearly influencing our off the court decisions.  

If i had my way with this roster, wed hold Murray until the offseason and trade Trae.  Build around Murray/JJ/OO.  Far easier foundation.  The biggest change would be the team culture, Murray has a significantly better attitude on and off the court.  

You're talking about this guy?  Who bumped a ref at the end of Game 4 vs Boston after he and the Hawks got no calls, and we went down 3 - 1?  He gets himself suspended and leaves the Hawks to be slaughtered in Game 5?

That guy?

But there was no slaughter.  In fact, the entire team played inspired basketball, led by the guy you want replaced.

And when the game was to be decided on one play, he did this IN Boston . . .

I like DJ.  I like his professional demeanor.  And I think the biggest issue with he and Trae playing together, is the frontcourt they're playing with.  I've pointed out that the problems they're facing, are the same ones that Lillard and CJ McCollum faced.

But if given a choice . . . there really is no choice. 

It's a reason why #11 is the box office in Atlanta.

Even in the series where he got dominated by Miami, and when he was struggling mightily in this game, he pulls this off.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You're talking about this guy?  Who bumped a ref at the end of Game 4 vs Boston after he and the Hawks got no calls, and we went down 3 - 1?  He gets himself suspended and leaves the Hawks to be slaughtered in Game 5?

That guy?

But there was no slaughter.  In fact, the entire team played inspired basketball, led by the guy you want replaced.

And when the game was to be decided on one play, he did this IN Boston . . .

I like DJ.  I like his professional demeanor.  And I think the biggest issue with he and Trae playing together, is the frontcourt they're playing with.  I've pointed out that the problems they're facing, are the same ones that Lillard and CJ McCollum faced.

But if given a choice . . . there really is no choice. 

It's a reason why #11 is the box office in Atlanta.

Even in the series where he got dominated by Miami, and when he was struggling mightily in this game, he pulls this off.

People are always think that there's "this one weird trick" to building a contender.  It's the player or the coach or the defense or the offense...it's always one thing and everybody has their one thing they reach for.  Truth is, the game is very nuanced and there's a chemistry that makes it work.  It's the right combination of elite talent surrounded by supporting talent with the right philosophy on both ends of the court.  We have some really good parts in that.  They just don't fit together the right way.

The front office has only compounded this issue.  Leaving the tank early, and switching GM's are the two that don't sit well with me.  The DJM trade was fine, but I was never comfortable with the overpay on those picks.  The 2025 pick is fair with the pick swap mostly fair.  There should have been lottery protections on that 2027 pick and I'm sure I said as much during the trade.  That's a straight up yikes for me and the way it's set up, keeps us from exploring our rebuilding options should we have to.

I still think with some smart moves and the interest in the guys we have that this is salvageable one way or another.  Just no more reactionary bullsh!t.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2