• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Team Building with KAT...

Diesel

• Premium Member

It's no secret.  I want KAT in the offseason.   How would I build with KAT here?

Let's just say...  DJ, OO, and Bogi for KAT. 

Let's just say....   CC to Memphis for Smart. 

Resign Bey to a cheaper contract than we offered before.   Say 3 year 45 Million. 

Draft my Boy Big Z from Kentucky!

Trade AJ for Toumani Camara 

KAT/Big Z/Bruno

Hunter/Camara/Gueye

JJ/Bey

Smart/Bufkin/Lundy

Trae/Delon

• Confused 1

Minnesota needs to save money to avoid the 2nd apron and resign some players. They will never be able to do that taking on Bogi as well. 

Memphis will never trade Smart for Clint

If the Hawks land KAT, they must find a two way SG with size who can play with Trae but doesn't demand touches like that. 

That's easier said than done. I don't think that player will be available in this draft after 4. 

Maybe we can move Hunter to the 2 and draft Ryan Dunn but he has to shoot and pass the ball a lot better than he does. I just don't see him as a fit in this scheme. 

https://tankathon.com/players/ryan-dunn

Zaccharie Risacher is obviously a tremendous fit for us but he's not falling out of the top 3. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Minnesota needs to save money to avoid the 2nd apron and resign some players. They will never be able to do that taking on Bogi as well. 

If the Hawks land KAT, they must find a two way SG with size who can play with Trae but doesn't demand touches like that. 

That's easier said than done. I don't think that player will be available in this draft after 4. 

Maybe we can move Hunter to the 2 and draft Ryan Dunn but he has to shoot and pass the ball a lot better than he does. I just don't see him as a fit in this scheme. 

https://tankathon.com/players/ryan-dunn

Zaccharie Risacher is obviously a tremendous fit for us but he's not falling out of the top 3. 

Trying Hunter at the 2 isn't a bad idea.  I wouldn't mind seeing that.  Looking at FAs this summer there are some guys that could fit in at the 2 if we have a strong lineup around them.  Trent (i know everyone's down on him), Beasley a few others.

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@TheNorthCydeRises has been an advocate of this for a long time.

@JTB too. 
I personally don’t see it given his lack of handles or distribution, but maybe with JJ out there it wouldn’t matter so much. But I think that kind of looses some of the gains you get by having a third facilitator at a forward position. 
Would spending that much more time defending quicker guards destroy his knees even more?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Trying Hunter at the 2 isn't a bad idea.  I wouldn't mind seeing that.  Looking at FAs this summer there are some guys that could fit in at the 2 if we have a strong lineup around them.  Trent (i know everyone's down on him), Beasley a few others.

Been saying it off and on for 2 - 3 years.

Play 12 at the 2.

• Moderators

If we deal Dejounte that will free up a lot of guard minutes and make giving him some run there this season after he returns to the floor much more doable.  Definitely opens the door to some bigger lineups which would be nice.  While he can't relieve pressure with his passing or ballhandling, he should do a fine job of spreading the floor for everyone else so if JJ continues to pick up more of that playmaking that seems workable.  If you go that route, you also still have Bogi off the bench to add some playmaking if needed.  

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

My thought here is them trading Bogi for picks will save them about 20 million.  It will be much easier to sell off Bogi than to try to sell off KAT as a whole. 

Ja is coming back.  They have less use for Smart.  They do need some help at the C position though. 

• Premium Member

That's where Smart comes in.  He's perfect and he has good size.   And he plays defense. 

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Memphis will never do that

Never is mighty absolute. 

Memphis will be having Ja Morant coming back next season.  He is their PG.   Their back is still Derrick Rose. 

Desmond Bane and Luke Kennard are their SGs. 

Look at what they are saying in Memphis:

Though only just acquired this past summer, the idea of adding Smart to this Grizzlies core was to help inch their way closer to being a legitimate championship contender as soon as this season. Unfortunately, due to a plethora of injuries, the team is likely now playing for the lottery and, in turn, the future, thus making the win-now veteran attached to a $19 million salary the odd-man out in Memphis.

Because of this, Smart has found his name revolving around the trade-rumor mill quite often over the last few weeks, as he's still a brand of player who can aid in winning ways for a team looking to contend in the now.

They are talking about trading him for Davion Mitchell and a FRP. 

And you keep on saying... Memphis won't do this...  BS.  They have no place for Smart.   They have no need for Smart.  They would trade Smart for Mitchell and a FRP.   And with Steven Adams probably being done with Basketball... their only big is Bismack Biyombo.   Biyombo starts, plays 30 mpg and doesn't get them 6 rpg.  If Ja Hadn't got hurt, they would have brought a deal for Clint to us...

Nobody else is giving up top rebounders.  No cheap ones... and they can find something in the draft, but that player would still have to be developed.   Memphis would easily do this trade..

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Watchman said:

I don't understand the KAT fascination.  He scores 62, but they lose to a lesser team.  He aint that great.

I can see this viewpoint but i just think we have to do get some kind of elite frontcourt player.  You could make this case with guys like Sabonis, Randle, Ingram, McCollum, etc. but get them in the right situation and they're talents can work.

Plus, to be totally honest beggars can't be choosers.  KAT may be the best we can get to pair with Trae and JJ and then we just hope to catch lightning in a bottle one year.  We're never going to assemble a no doubt championship team with the state we are in now.  We have to get to top 4 in the east before we can think about that.  

I know most people don't have that much faith in Trae but i really think we can do some damage if we surround him with some real offensive weapons.  Not just spot up shooters. 

• Like 1