• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll of the Day 1-27

Diesel

Which of these things is MOST responsible for our bad play.  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Quinn coached this ream last year and the beginning of this year without a single complain about his coaching. Wonder what changed?

People started watching how we were losing.   When you let a guy who has 41 pts get to 60 points without anyone doubling him or tripling him.. then you're not coaching. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Diesel said:

People started watching how we were losing.   When you let a guy who has 41 pts get to 60 points without anyone doubling him or tripling him.. then you're not coaching. 

This is said about every Hawk coach...we are on #3  in 3 years.  In fact, when Quinn was hired, most fans said this was it! And predicted Trae would go before Quinn.  []

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

This is said about every Hawk coach...we are on #3  in 3 years.  In fact, when Quinn was hired, most fans said this was it! And predicted Trae would go before Quinn.  []

Based on his contract, Trae may go before Quin.  However, Quin has been messing it up on the court. 

• Premium Member

For all the people here who champion Dre... it's surprising that more people don't believe our recent struggles has been because Dre has been out. 

I went with Bey's bad defense and shooting.  But honestly that in itself is making other things that are somewhat bad as well look worse.   Like Clint's aging and Onyekas regression are hurting us but them having to pick up Bey absolutely killing us on defense more often than not.  Probably is making them work much harder than they need to to cover for him.   Hunter coming back will help with this a bit as his defense is somewhat descent and worlds better than Bey.  So this allows JJ to upgrade Beys god awful defense and in turn allow CC and OO to work and pay more attention to their own assignments instead of covering for bey so much.

You could somewhat be ok and settle for Bey's terrible defense when he was hitting 3's and scoring at a quality % every night.  Same with us living with Trae's below avg defense over the years when he could atleast dominate on the offensive side.      Problem is Bey's defense is prob. worse than trae's at this point and you don't even get the upside Trae offers on offense from Bey to counter it lol.

Edited by Threezus
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Diesel said:

I appreciate those who voted. I must be on ignore with most Squawkers...  I get it.  Still, it's a worthy poll with all considerations. 

I don't believe that your list was comprehensive enough..  None of the choices were the primary problem in my opinion.  This team is just a hot mess, from top to bottom.

Edited by Watchman

Dang!  I voted.  My vote didn't show up.  It went somewhere else.

Missing Hunter is my vote, right or wrong.  Prove it.  Bring him back!  

It's easy to talk bad about a player when he's unable to play.  

GET WELL HUNTER!!

:ahf:

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

It's Quin. Like, I don't mean he's a bad coach or anything. It's just that if you're asking what the culprit is...then it's the shift in coaching schemes leading to chemistry issues.

It's not JUST one thing or player and it never is. However, adjustments to the offense are affecting things from top to bottom, on and off the court. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Wretch said:

It's Quin. Like, I don't mean he's a bad coach or anything. It's just that if you're asking what the culprit is...then it's the shift in coaching schemes leading to chemistry issues.

It's not JUST one thing or player and it never is. However, adjustments to the offense are affecting things from top to bottom, on and off the court. 

Posted this snippet in another thread. 2 weeks agoScreenshot_20240128_161336_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 1/27/2024 at 12:15 PM, Peoriabird said:

Well, Modern NBA believes that Defense doesn't matter.  

There's a conversation with John Stockton where he just goes off on Modern NBA practices.   I have to say, I agree.  I think Quin is more of a modernist than he cares to reveal.   He had Gobert in Utah.  His defense was basically, let Gobert stop them.   It worked until they got in the playoffs and a team like Dallas would say " Hey Gobert ain't that good" and they would force him out of the middle (the same way they did to Clint and OO the other night) and they would have their way with Utah's defense.  It got so bad, that they rendered Gobert unplayable.   Snyder never came up with a defensive scheme to counter what Dallas were doing and I think they either got swept or a gentleman's sweep.  But the things that came out... Snyder don't coach defense.   Snyder doesn't make adjustments.  Snyder believes fully in his modern NBA offense. 

I don't.  I believe everything has it's place. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Watchman said:

I don't believe that your list was comprehensive enough..  None of the choices were the primary problem in my opinion.  This team is just a hot mess, from top to bottom.

It's not everything that's wrong.. But what is the major thing that's wrong?  You can answer with an other:

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Posted this snippet in another thread. 2 weeks agoScreenshot_20240128_161336_Samsung Internet.jpg

I agree with Wretch's original statement at the same time I don't discount this statement so much.   I think that Quin has a system or philosophy and he adheres to that strongly.   Either the players fit in or they don't do well with it.   It forces players that want to fit in to change many of the fundamental ways that they have enjoyed the game.  So there's this line of success and this line of still enjoying the game.   The success line is beyond the still enjoying the game.   And if you don't get to success.. you will hate the game and blame the system for your failings. 

• Like 1