• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I love me some Trae Young, I just do

sturt

• Premium Member

His attitude seems to have shifted a lot in the past year or so.  I assume it has to do with Quin and the new coaching staff, or maybe he is just maturing, but it's very noticeable to me.  He says a lot of the same things he used to but it feels more genuine -- maybe it's just PR training that's fooling me, but I really think he's starting to grow into being more of a leader on the team, in his own way -- leading by example in much of the same way that Steph does (while others are more vocal on-court leaders).  The defensive effort he's giving will make a world of difference in the long run for any team he's on.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

His attitude seems to have shifted a lot in the past year or so.  I assume it has to do with Quin and the new coaching staff, or maybe he is just maturing, but it's very noticeable to me.  He says a lot of the same things he used to but it feels more genuine -- maybe it's just PR training that's fooling me, but I really think he's starting to grow into being more of a leader on the team, in his own way -- leading by example in much of the same way that Steph does (while others are more vocal on-court leaders).  The defensive effort he's giving will make a world of difference in the long run for any team he's on.

5JM.gif

left off yet ANOTHER ALLSTAR team because he ain't a leader...

left off team USA because he ain't a leader...

Full of empty stats...

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

5JM.gif

left off yet ANOTHER ALLSTAR team because he ain't a leader...

left off team USA because he ain't a leader...

Full of empty stats...

Yes, really.  Clearly, Hawks fans -- especially the serious ones like us on this board -- are going to see the growth before other players, coaches, and especially mainstream media.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

This is what I always wanted him to be. He has improved his defense dramatically last season and especially this season. He's shown maturity when he's being robbed at gunpoint from the All Star game. Said he would take an injury replacement if offered which, from what I've been told, he has been offered in the past and refused because of his hurt feelings.

I love this kid. You can't bitch about his defense and that was the only real thing you could ever bitch about with him. He's Two Way Trae now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Said he would take an injury replacement if offered which, from what I've been told, he has been offered in the past and refused because of his hurt feelings.

That maybe true but i think  on one occassion the offer was like a couple days before and he had a new baby.  I could be wrong about that.