• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will the fact that Trae isn't like by players in the league hurt our chances to land free agents?

Wurider05

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't know if it was respect or something else that caused players to campaign to try to get Dame into the Allstar game.  In my heart, I want to say that that had very little to do with Trae.   However, there's the possibility that he had a lot to do with Trae.   

I think its just a popularity contest and Dame has been around forever— I doubt players are poring over stat sheets or even paying much attention to this season when they vote.  Its a flawed system 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/10/2024 at 5:24 PM, NBASupes said:

Trae better go to the all star game and really start being best friends with some of the guys. Especially the big men.

There aren’t really any dominant big men who are (1) available on the market or (2) dependent on strong PG play. That list is very short in that it’s basically Embiid, Jokic, AD (none on the block). The second ground behind them are guys like Bam and Sabonis but Bam is the only one who takes significant leaps playing with Trae, IMO and OO at his peak hopefully replicates that. 

As for the middle class players, my thoughts are Trae actually helps their game by getting them more open looks, especially on the wings. The problem with JC/Kev is they weren’t aggressive enough (Kev) or weren’t capable (JC) of creating for themselves within the flow of the offense like Bogi (another middle class wing), is. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, warcore said:

has there ever been an NBA player to go for 50 and not talk trash while doing it? Everyone that hates Trae has the most ridiculous cover up story for why they don't like him. 

Eggsactly.  Or has there ever been one that's not made defenders look bad while scoring?  Why does it warrant this out-sized response that Trae receives.

Maybe if he was out here knockin up a new IG model(sic) every season he would fit in more with them? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators

Bird used to trash talk guys into the ground.  Reggie Miller showed people up like nobody else.  AI liked to break people's ankles and embarrass them.  Mutombo finger wagged people in a very public show of dominance.  Etc. Etc.

Hardly anything new.  I think as we have seen with the refs Trae has probably done less reaching out to others than some of these players but hopefully it is something he will develop as he continues to mature.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Agree with everything he said and he did a nice job framing Trae's maturity issues positively (as needing more vets to be around), which is why I've suggested that was Quin and the FOs #1 priority for end of bench this year.  Trae has to be willing to listen, learn, and be introspective though, and that's what I'm waiting to see from him.