• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Weak sauce, terr'l!  Never give up! 😉

I didn't give up.. lol

NCAA is  just better TV right now.... And Im not really a baseball fan but I check in on the Braves.. And watch a lot more in the Playoffs

Reg season is just waaay too long. 

Good to see they came back again though..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

I didn't give up.. lol

NCAA is  just better TV right now.... And Im not really a baseball fan but I check in on the Braves.. And watch a lot more in the Playoffs

Reg season is just waaay too long. 

Good to see they came back again though..

In many ways I put baseball on as white noise in the background while I do stuff, honestly.  

• Like 1

Prolly not a popular place to say this but fck this year’s rookie class I want vets.

Trae

JJ

DJ

Hunter

OO

The test reassemble with vets. Our 5 guys will mature due to time and JJ and Hunt on a different level now once Trae gets back.

Fck Edey

Fck Clingan

and if you wanna be down with _______, then

… well you know the rest. :jesus:

Wet 💦 wily vets. 

2025 we gotta make real noise. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

He seems to get the ball and gather every time before going into his drop and shot. I can invision a lot of steals if he takes that much time in the NBA.

Needs to catch and go. Or catch and send it outside. Quick decisions are going to be his friend because it takes a sec to get his big body going. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2024/04/06/purdue-zach-edey-challenges-referees-final-four/73219581007/

A great article on Zach Edey and foul fairness.  Please read the whole.thing before commenting.

Multiple referees (past and present) quoted.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Prolly not a popular place to say this but fck this year’s rookie class I want vets.

Trae

JJ

DJ

Hunter

OO

The test reassemble with vets. Our 5 guys will mature due to time and JJ and Hunt on a different level now once Trae gets back.

Fck Edey

Fck Clingan

Wet 💦 wily vets. 

I get it, and I would typically be on board with you.  Jalen Johnson has changed my mind though.  I don’t mind drafting the guy with upside who isn’t ready based on the jump he has made as a player.  What I’m not going to do is draft a guy with the assumption that whoever it is will contribute immediately.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae

JJ

DJ

Hunter

OO

Fck Edey

Fck Clingan

Wet 💦 wily vets. 

Yeah, yeah, yeah.. f them picks! 

• Haha 1

I’m not set on a particular draft strategy, but we’re running out of slots to develop players.  AJ, Lundy, Bufkin, and Gueye along with our picks in the next draft.  

The draft always depends on who is available when you pick.  If a guy falls to you, pick him.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, KB21 said:

Caitlin Clark is the female version of Trae Young.  She’s absolutely outstanding!

Her passing really impressed me .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Best matchup of the college season and we are getting it for a chance to win the natty. If Donovan stays out of foul trouble I dont think Purdue stands a chance but this is the matchup everybody wanted all season. Hyped

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I’m not set on a particular draft strategy, but we’re running out of slots to develop players.  AJ, Lundy, Bufkin, and Gueye along with our picks in the next draft.  

The draft always depends on who is available when you pick.  If a guy falls to you, pick him.

Bufkin is the only safe bet to hold his spot IMO. 
AJ could hold his own, but his place on the team seems tenuous at best. 
MoG should warrant a spot, but given his injuries, I’d bet he spends a lot of time with College Park next season. 
Lundy has no guarantees for anything more than a 12-15th man at best. 

I don’t mind replacing Lundy or AJ (if they trade him) with a new draft pick. 

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, KB21 said:

Caitlin Clark is the female version of Trae Young.  She’s absolutely outstanding!

Trae never got the love that Catlin gets.  But she plays very similarly.   Next year at the Allstar game, I can see a Caitlin vs. Trae three point competition. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Trae never got the love that Catlin gets.  But she plays very similarly.   Next year at the Allstar game, I can see a Caitlin vs. Trae three point competition. 

I don't agree.  There is a lot of hate that is being spewed towards Caitlin.  

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

Bufkin is the only safe bet to hold his spot IMO. 
AJ could hold his own, but his place on the team seems tenuous at best. 
MoG should warrant a spot, but given his injuries, I’d bet he spends a lot of time with College Park next season. 
Lundy has no guarantees for anything more than a 12-15th man at best. 

I don’t mind replacing Lundy or AJ (if they trade him) with a new draft pick. 

Probably true, but all these guys get consideration for the roster.  

A lot of factors come into what we should do in the draft.  Everything depends on who falls, if there is a team willing to make a trade, and who we think fits our system.  You have to prepare for every scenario.  

• Like 1

My take on tonight's game.

It won't cone down to the 2 bigs. It will come down to guard play. I am less impressed with Purdue's guards. Edey inflates their stats with kick outs and easy assist baskets. Specifically their point guard has been trapped in 2 straight games by only 1 defender. He's turning man defense into a trap all on his own. You can survive that vs NC state but not against UCONN.

UCONN's guards live off movement and second chance points, but they haven't played many team defenses where the guards don't have to double Clingan and where the whole team rebounds. UCONN'S guards committing to helping rebound the basketball is key to their winning.

Don't be fooled. Tonight is all about guard play.

Edited by thecampster