• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The final 27...now the Final 20!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

It's simple, we have 27 games in a variety disappointing season:

1. What will our record be in these last 27 games?

2. What do you want: play-in or not? Yes or No and why?

Edited:

3. If we make the play-in, do you want us to make the playoffs or not?

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's simple, we have 27 games in a variety disappointing season:

1. What will our record be in these last 27 games?

2. What do you want: play-in or not? Yes or No and why?

I think we'll be right around .500.  maybe 14-13

I don't see anyway we can miss the play in unless they shut down some guys.  None of the teams behind us are going to try and at the same time there is zero chance we rise to even 8.  it sucks.  we aren't going to makeup 6 games in 27.  So we are 9 or 10th.  at that point i'd just as soon lose the playin.  

image.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

'll be right around .500.  maybe 14-13

I don't see anyway we can miss the play in unless they shut down some guys.  None of the teams behind us are going to try ...

I added a question 3. Do you want us to make the playoffs? (Since we're most likely in the play-in).

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Edited:

3. If we make the play-in, do you want us to make the playoffs or not?

Sneaky 😏… ok I’m still playin…

3. HELL YES! Stay in the play in, win that. Get a first round matchup with the Cavs and beat their inexperienced butts in round 1! 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Remaining games:

Screenshot_20240221_101030_Samsung Internet.jpg

The Hawks still have an opportunity to at least move up in the Play In. 8th - 6th seed is a pipe dream at this point. I'm counting ~14-15 potential wins remaining. They may steal one or two against a better team, but they are guaranteed to lose games they have no business losing as well. The last two games against Chicago and Charlotte were tough to watch. 

1. 14-13

2. Play In, most likely 10th possibly 9th. I just want the Hawks to show some fight and make the postseason. 

Edit:

3. Absolutely YES to the Playoffs. Anything can happen with Trae healthy. The Celtics series went to 6 last season even after DJ got himself suspended.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Some Additional questions:

1. Does OO continue to start?

2. Does Kobe consistently crack to rotation?  How many minutes for Kobe?

3. How many games does AJ play in the GL? They have 14 games left.

4. Does AJ get back into the NBA rotation after his GL stint?

5. Will we release any of the vets to create a roster spot?

6. What will the Hawks do with Trent Forrest? he has used his alloted 50 games.

16 minutes ago, hawkman said:

3. Absolutely YES to the Playoffs. Anything can happen with Trae healthy.

This is what I have and the promise I made to myself that I don’t wanna tank as long as we have this superstar.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. Does OO continue to start?

2. Does Kobe consistently crack to rotation?  How many minutes for Kobe?

3. How many games does AJ play in the GL? They have 14 games left.

4. Does AJ get back into the NBA rotation after his GL stint?

5. Will we release any of the vets to create a roster spot?

6. What will the Hawks do with Trent Forrest? he has used his alloted 50 games.

1. OO starts!

2. I doubt it.

3. Hoping all of them or gets called up.

4. Yes (I hope)

5. No

6. he’s done ✔️?

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm going to answer these as I would like to see them play out not how I predict they will:

1. Does OO continue to start?  Yes

2. Does Kobe consistently crack to rotation?  How many minutes for Kobe?  Yes; 10 minute minimum and time ramps up if he plays well and/or Trae or DJM are struggling.

3. How many games does AJ play in the GL? They have 14 games left. 8 games; finds his shot.

4. Does AJ get back into the NBA rotation after his GL stint?  Returns to the Hawks to get minutes instead of Garrison.

5. Will we release any of the vets to create a roster spot?  No.  (This one is a prediction.)

6. What will the Hawks do with Trent Forrest? he has used his alloted 50 games.  He stays in the G-League the rest of the year and the minutes he might have played go to Kobe.

• Thanks 1

OO MUST start and play 30 plus minutes a game over the final 27 games, or however many when he gets back.  He and JJ also need to be attached at the hip.  They should both be on the floor together a majority of the time.  

The question with Kobe is whether you want him playing 8-10 minutes a game in Atlanta or playing 25 minutes a night at College Park working on the things they want him to work on.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

OO MUST start and play 30 plus minutes a game over the final 27 games, or however many when he gets back.  He and JJ also need to be attached at the hip.  They should both be on the floor together a majority of the time.  

The question with Kobe is whether you want him playing 8-10 minutes a game in Atlanta or playing 25 minutes a night at College Park working on the things they want him to work on.  

Kobe's defense alone fills an immediate need for the Hawks. Kobe and Forrest are the best defenders in the Hawks' backcourt and Forrest is pretty much unavailable at this point. Kobe needs to be on the court in place of Garrison. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Kobe's defense alone fills an immediate need for the Hawks. Kobe and Forrest are the best defenders in the Hawks' backcourt and Forrest is pretty much unavailable at this point. Kobe needs to be on the court in place of Garrison. 

If you had to release one of Wes or Patty to give Forrest an NBA contract, who would it be?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It's time for him to get NBA minutes so we can see what his role is for next season and to determine the roster makeup for next season. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

If you had to release one of Wes or Patty to give Forrest an NBA contract, who would it be?

Wes can still defend some and hit the occasional open 3. I like Patty, but Wes can still defend the SF position in an emergency.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's time for him to get NBA minutes so we can see what his role is for next season and to determine the roster makeup for next season. 

The role he will play coming off the bench over the final 27 games is very likely NOT the role he will play going forward on this team.  Particularly is Murray is traded in the offseason.  

• Like 1