• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The final 27...now the Final 20!

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The role he will play coming off the bench over the final 27 games is very likely NOT the role he will play going forward on this team.  Particularly is Murray is traded in the offseason.  

I still think he would be better served getting regular time in the rotation this season in the NBA than playing against sub-NBA talent in the G-League.  Assign an assistant coach or trainer to work on skill related things with him on the practice court between games.

I am skeptical he is our starting SG next season if Murray is traded but either way having faced legit NBA talent will be helpful for him.

But if Snyder is going to DNP-CD him every other game and give him 3 minutes of garbage time then sure have him play in the G-League until their season is over.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The role he will play coming off the bench over the final 27 games is very likely NOT the role he will play going forward on this team.  Particularly is Murray is traded in the offseason.  

That's even more critical in seeing him play vs real NBA players.

Every time I think this team is poised for a run they lay down.    

I think I saw Brooklyn’s pick is going to Houston so they have no incentive to tank.

I’d like to see us finish strong and make the playoffs.  But if we’re not gonna come to play, I hope Brooklyn passes us in the standings.  

Danuel House Jr. is looking to join an eastern team, including Atlanta.  Gotta drop someone if that happens.

Do I want the Hawks to make the play-in?  Sure.  If we do, do I want us to win?  Yes!  Go as far as possible.

If we don't make the play-in, I hope we don't win another game.  Health is our biggest issue.  I hope to see more of our young Hawks, the ones who are currently Skyhawks.  If the Hawks release Patty Mills, we should retain him as a special coach for Kobe Bufkin.  We don't need any Skyhawk promoted, just to bench warm.  Play them if they are up!!

If a bunch of Skyhawks come up, a bunch of "end of the bench" players must go.  They certainly won't return next season.

:smug: 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Quin's radio interview from this morning:

Listen:

https://omny.fm/shows/the-steakhouse/quin-snyder-we-have-to-consistently-compete

Quin Snyder: 'We have to consistently compete'

Atlanta Hawks head coach Quin Snyder joins Steak Shapiro and Rusty Mansell and says they have to 'consistently compete'

“When you look at this year, there’s a couple things to me that punctuate some of it,” Snyder responded as he shared with Shapiro and Mansell that the team’s health is one of the first obstacles he hopes they are able to overcome soon as they have had to go without Onyeka Okongwu (toe) and Clint Capela  (groin) for several games heading into the All-Star break. “We’ve really struggled to be healthy across the frontline and I think that impacts us in some significant ways,” Snyder added.

However, Snyder would tell Shapiro and Mansell that he also believes the importance of not relying on injuries “as an excuse” for the Hawks’ ups and downs throughout the season and while they can play a significant role, he believes that the team has to “control the things we can control, meaning we have to consistently compete. We have to have non-negotiables about how we play and that level of competitiveness throughout the course of the game,” Snyder said.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's simple, we have 27 games in a variety disappointing season:

1. What will our record be in these last 27 games?

2. What do you want: play-in or not? Yes or No and why?

Edited:

3. If we make the play-in, do you want us to make the playoffs or not?

I'll be optimistic and go:

16-11

Play in

Hell yes on the playoffs.  Nothing better than the NBA playoffs so just get in and enjoy the 4, 5 6, or however many games they are able to play.  

I think they'll need to get to 42-40 to have any outside shot at the 6 seed but that would mean going 18-9 and I can't imagine that happening.  16-11 may be a stretch as is.  But that would put them at 40-42 which I think will be better than Chicago and maybe Orlando if they come back to earth a bit.  I'm targeting the 7th seed so as to miss Boston in round 1.  They could win a few games in a series against any of the other teams.    

• Like 3

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Listen:

https://omny.fm/shows/the-steakhouse/quin-snyder-we-have-to-consistently-compete

Quin Snyder: 'We have to consistently compete'

Atlanta Hawks head coach Quin Snyder joins Steak Shapiro and Rusty Mansell and says they have to 'consistently compete'

The 11:45 minute mark is interesting:

Consistently compete

Connect as a team: play together, share the ball, move the ball.

Connect on defense to just be average, stay in front of the ball. The guy guarding the ball has to make the first stop then the help can come.

Interesting on Hunter - not over extending him and bringing him back in a smart way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The 11:45 minute mark is interesting:

Consistently compete

Connect as a team: play together, share the ball, move the ball.

Connect on defense to just be average, stay in front of the ball. The guy guarding the ball has to make the first stop then the help can come.

Interesting on Hunter - not over extending him and bringing him back in a smart way.

That's all I ask. Just play league average defense through 4 quarters for the rest of the season. The offense is more than enough to be in contention for the 6th seed and beyond. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

1. Does OO continue to start?   He should!

2. Does Kobe consistently crack to rotation?  How many minutes for Kobe? At least Garrison's minutes

3. How many games does AJ play in the GL? They have 14 games left.  I hope 14

4. Does AJ get back into the NBA rotation after his GL stint?  I doubt it

5. Will we release any of the vets to create a roster spot?  Can we release Vit?  

6. What will the Hawks do with Trent Forrest? he has used his alloted 50 games.  Leave him in the g league right? is that an option.  

I still think we're better off not getting in the playoffs if we're a sub .500 team but.....

if i put on rose colored glasses, we get in the playin, beat Miami or Orlando, that in itself would be pretty sweet.  Then beat Cleveland and Philly to get to the ECF.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

5. Will we release any of the vets to create a roster spot?  Can we release Vit?  

6. What will the Hawks do with Trent Forrest? he has used his alloted 50 games.  Leave him in the g league right? is that an option.  

Vit is on a 2way, not an NBA contract.

Yes, he can go back to the GL.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's simple, we have 27 games in a variety disappointing season:

1. What will our record be in these last 27 games?

2. What do you want: play-in or not? Yes or No and why?

Edited:

3. If we make the play-in, do you want us to make the playoffs or not?

All I got to say is

If the Hawks can get the 9th seed, they'll get to host a Play-in game...................

Think of all that extra Cash the Resslers get to pocket................................

Making money without spending any money. 

It's the Ressler way........ Smfh

• Haha 4

So looking at the remaining games, 14-13 is a very likely record unless we can get hot and play at a level beyond what we have shown.

That makes us a 38-44 team, which by all extents and purposes matches exactly with how performed for the majority of the season.

Bulls have a lot of losable games coming up. I counted 17. We could pass them and finish 9th still.

Host a play-in game, beat them, beat the Magic. Grab 8th seed.

I could see a rematch of the 2007 Hawks/Celtics series, where a 37-45 Hawks upstart pushed the title favorites to 7 games.

Or

We can cave, finish 10th and lose to the Bulls in the play in.

That is our fate.

• Like 1

1) 15 -  12 in the last 27

2) 8th seed play-in . . . that way it's win and you're in.   Not win 2 games and you're in.   Right now, we're on a collision course to play Chicago, either in ATL or in the CHI for the 9 vs 10 game.   Quin needs to prepare for that.  Especially if DeRozan brings this lady to the play-in game if it's in Chicago.

3) Yes.  You play to win the game.  As disappointing as last year was, I'll always will want to experience playoff moments like this

Other questions

1)  OO better stay in the starting lineup.  But Quin is so stubborn that he may revert right back to Clint.

2) No reason why Kobe shouldn't be getting spot minutes.  Hell, Quin gave spot minutes to Forrest for about a week or two.  Giving him 10 - 12 minutes a game will be good for his development.

3) AJ should spend the rest of the time in the G-League.  Call him up after their season is over.

4) ( Jim Mora voice ) - Rotation?   Rotation?   You're talking about . . Rotation?   He'll just be lucky just to get in a game.

image.thumb.jpeg.aeb704aca13d74672f35912376949d60.jpeg

5) Yes . . . I hope.  Either get us an extra wing defender or another LEGIT big, to add to the team.  Will Barton is probably the highest quality guy still available, that hasn't been signed to a team.  But he's a small wing  6-5 that can be at least an average defender.  Will was a starter in Denver as late as 2022.  The current available bigs list is ugly, ranging from Big Frank to Demond Dedmond to Wiley Cauley-Stein

6) Forrest is not vital to this team. Either let him finish out the year in the G-League, or just let him go.  I'd stick him in the G-League, just so that he can keep getting playing time for possibly another team to pick him up next season.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Some Additional questions:

1. Does OO continue to start?

2. Does Kobe consistently crack to rotation?  How many minutes for Kobe?

3. How many games does AJ play in the GL? They have 14 games left.

4. Does AJ get back into the NBA rotation after his GL stint?

5. Will we release any of the vets to create a roster spot?

6. What will the Hawks do with Trent Forrest? he has used his alloted 50 games.

1. OO should start. Our defense sucks CC or not CC so I'd go with someone that can score some at a fairly high efficiency

2. Kobe will play garbage minutes, a few of them because Hawks games are almost always close. I think Quin doesn't even think he's good enough at this point, IMHO he should be given more minutes, Hawks got nothing more to lose this season. 

3. 14. AJ should play in the GL as much as he can. 

4. Yes. As an end of the bench player, but yes.

5. They should be able to release Patty, but I don't think they'll do it.

6. Trent = GL. Not NBA material IMHO.  

• Thanks 1