• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question of the Day....3-2

Diesel

• Premium Member

I make up a new game...   It's similar to a game that you may have played while drunk...  Please participate...

Draft/Sign/Trade...

In this game... Who do you Draft?   Who would you sign?  Who would you trade?

Details of the Trade are not necessary.  Just one player that's leaving...

• Premium Member

Draft...  

Conservative:   (THE F DRAFT)  Furphy and Filipowski. 

Free Agent....

Grayson Allen.  (Secondary Target:  KCP).

Trade......

Bogdan Bogdanovic  (ALSO:  Clint and OO strongly available) 

Side Note... Keeping Eyes open for a trade for KAT or Jaylen Brown. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Draft: Sarr

FA: DeRozan

Trade: Lauri (DJM and OO, out)

Trae, DeRozan, JJ, Lauri, Sarr

I like the idea of DeRozan a little.   What scares me about DeRozan is his age.   I don't have a feeling about Lauri either way.   I don't see him as the next KP because I don't think his incide presence is good.   Your team will struggle defensively. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

I would trade Trae myself.   Use the assets you get to upgrade the roster.  

Terrible plan.

Nobody is going to trade you Quality for Quality for Trae.  So you will end up with some middling player and picks.  Our draft History should tell you that Picks are nothing in our hands... so basically you just want to start the rebuild?  Sounds like Clippers of the 80s. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Edey

Tyus Jones

Murray for legit value.

Tyus Jones is the most intriguing mention that I have seen on this board.   He's the guy that couldn't beat out Delon for the starting PG position in Washington right?  I don't know when Alvarado is available but Jones is not better than he..

Just on the idea of Free Agents, I posted mine below or above... It's a part of a plan to get Quin what he wants... however, I can't deny the thought that we may make a move for Hayward.  I know Quin loved this guy.. and I believe that having him as one of our Sfs would give Quin depth that he likes. 

Seems we have 2 draft picks coming.  Draft 2 big centers.  Maybe one will pan out.

Trade Murray for a PF and replace him with Kobe Bufkin.

Trade 0017 and Capela for a young, big center.  Someone has a big 2nd string center.  Get him + draft picks!

Fingers crossed.  Hoping Bufkin, Forrest, Griffin, Gueye and Lundy all work out.  

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Seems we have 2 draft picks coming.  Draft 2 big centers.  Maybe one will pan out.

Trade Murray for a PF and replace him with Kobe Bufkin.

Trade 0017 and Capela for a young, big center.  Someone has a big 2nd string center.  Get him + draft picks!

Fingers crossed.  Hoping Bufkin, Forrest, Griffin, Gueye and Lundy all work out.  

:smug:

Right now... I'm tentative on that type of plan.    One big Center in the Draft.   The need for more PF is there but we also have to explore Gueye.  JJ/Gueye could be the rotation.  Gueye is going to do big things in this league.  Right now we have Murray on a good deal.   I would hold him out for a chance at a player like Brown.  I think after Boston lose in the playoffs, they will rethink Brown.   Whereas Brown is not a necessity in Boston, I think he'd be a great fit with us.   We need somebody who can score going to the lane.  We need a big 2.  He fits both needs.   It would be something like Brown for Murray/OO...  I'm willing to do it.  I would definitely look to sign Grayson Allen.  I hate the guy but he can shoot.   And I would move Bogi.  

If there's no deal for Brown, I would keep Murray and try to get more defensive in the Front Court. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, Diesel said:

Terrible plan.

Nobody is going to trade you Quality for Quality for Trae.  So you will end up with some middling player and picks.  Our draft History should tell you that Picks are nothing in our hands... so basically you just want to start the rebuild?  Sounds like Clippers of the 80s. 

I partially agree.   There is not a lot of interest in the league with giving up good assets for him.   Superstars make a team better.  This team is dysfunctional.  Imo Trae takes way too many bad shots, he's a gunner.   If your going to keep him at his salary you are going to have to really draft well (which we havent) and bring in a new GM to get things on track.  I would add a new coach too, Nate was better than Quin.  Add to this a owner that wants to win on pennies and you have what you have now.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

If your going to keep him at his salary you are going to have to really draft well (which we havent) and bring in a new GM to get things on track.  I would add a new coach too, Nate was better than Quin.  Add to this a owner that wants to win on pennies and you have what you have now.  

So if we haven't drafted well with Trae here what makes you think we'll draft well with him not here? More Front office and coaching turnover is not the answer. The instability in the FO is part of our larger problem since we keep changing direction the minutes things gets a little tough, instead of digging and riding thru the tough times. Team building is hard, do the work. There’s no Easy Button.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So if we haven't drafted well with Trae here what makes you think we'll draft well with him not here? More Front office and coaching turnover is not the answer. The instability in the FO is part of our larger problem since we keep changing direction the minutes things gets a little tough, instead of digging and riding thru the tough times. Team building is hard, do the work. There’s no Easy Button.

Neither is getting the job done now.  Is it the players, staff or a combo?  For somecreason Atlanta has a black eye around the league.  No free agents want to come here or no high level player wants to come here.  Something is broken.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Neither is getting the job done now.  Is it the players, staff or a combo?  

It's the Owner! Meddlesome and Cheap.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

I partially agree.   There is not a lot of interest in the league with giving up good assets for him.   Superstars make a team better.  This team is dysfunctional.  Imo Trae takes way too many bad shots, he's a gunner.   If your going to keep him at his salary you are going to have to really draft well (which we havent) and bring in a new GM to get things on track.  I would add a new coach too, Nate was better than Quin.  Add to this a owner that wants to win on pennies and you have what you have now.  

OK..  We have never really set out to build around Trae CORRECTLY.  IN fact, we have never set out to get a game changing big in Atlanta.  The last one was Deke.  Well, Al Horford.. but he was not the model big of that time.   I want us to get a 7 footer who can change the complexion of games by being in the game.   Shot blocker and Scorer... Rim Protector and Bunny Killer.... We missed out on Duren and Mark Williams. We missed out on Lively.   There's a slew of bigs coming into the league.   Maybe we draft one, maybe we find somebody in FAcy.  However, we need to put a certified big next to Trae before we begin to talk about moving Trae. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The instability in the FO is part of our larger problem since we keep changing direction the minutes things gets a little tough, instead of digging and riding thru the tough times. Team building is hard, do the work. There’s no Easy Button.

Share the vision?  What is our GM trying to put together?  He is not respected in GM circles... so his trading will be lopsided.   He has brought in Guard after guard.   I don't need my GM trying to figure it out.. I need a vision.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Draft:.  Knecht

Sign:. Valanciunas / Covington / DeRozan

Trade:. Capela / Bogi / Bey 

That's Perty...

Knecht played like buttcheeks yesterday but they still won.   It wasn't a good look for him.  Reminds me of Kev a little.  Kev was bigger and could do more in College.   College Park (MD) Kev was the man.  i like the idea of Val if he still has anything left.   Instead of Derozan, I would go for a cheaper shooter. 

41 minutes ago, Diesel said:

OK..  We have never really set out to build around Trae CORRECTLY.  IN fact, we have never set out to get a game changing big in Atlanta.  The last one was Deke.  Well, Al Horford.. but he was not the model big of that time.   I want us to get a 7 footer who can change the complexion of games by being in the game.   Shot blocker and Scorer... Rim Protector and Bunny Killer.... We missed out on Duren and Mark Williams. We missed out on Lively.   There's a slew of bigs coming into the league.   Maybe we draft one, maybe we find somebody in FAcy.  However, we need to put a certified big next to Trae before we begin to talk about moving Trae. 

You did want Duren and Williams bad. I wanted Jalen Williams bad. We ended up with none of them as they were all gone.