• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Describe the 2023-24 Season in ONE Word.

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If that player can play, he should definitely take time from some of these guys.

We can't keep throwing this mediocre product out on the floor, and act like their position in the roster is untouchable.

Einstein's Definition Of BUSINESS Insanity...

And honestly we can't keep thinking that guys like Garrison, Vit, AJ, Forrest are good enough to be key players.  No offense to any of them they just aren't there right now.  That may change but the really good teams don't rely on them for big rotation minutes.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

And honestly we can't keep thinking that guys like Garrison, Vit, AJ, Forrest are good enough to be key players.  No offense to any of them they just aren't there right now.  That may change but the really good teams don't rely on them for big rotation minutes.  

At one point in time with Utah, Joe Ingles wasn't a key rotation player...until he was.

9 hours ago, KB21 said:

Had that core group been able to stay healthy all year, I feel like 46-50 wins for this team would not have been out of the question.  Not having DeAndre and Jalen in December really exposed this team’s lack of wing depth.  

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, I think we may have developed some solid wing depth players during the year with both Vit Krejci and Mo Gueye showing flashes that they may be ready to contribute in 9-10 man rotations next year.  

Speaking broadly... Anytime a team doesn't perform well, "the injury bug" is always a built in excuse that is the gone to. This team has been trending downward for years. This roster is poorly built. Even when healthy, it's poorly built. It's a poor team. Healthy or unhealthy.

Edited by Plainview1981

7 hours ago, KB21 said:

Probably because he makes a bad defensive team even worse, and he's not going to be the pick and roll rim runner you seem to think he's going to be.  He's too slow.  

I believe he would be the worst defensive center on our team day 1 but I don't believe he will make our defense much worse. Slightly yeah. He does an elite job of PITP which is a big issue for us. He also has high BBIQ, feel for the game and awareness so he should adjust as he goes along. 7'4 with a 7'10.5 wingspan matters.

You may think he is but the data and the metrics says otherwise and I am riding with that plus my eye test. So as far as I am concerned, that's your own opinion and I flat out don't agree with.

Edited by NBASupes

1 hour ago, Plainview1981 said:

Speaking broadly... Anytime a team doesn't perform well, "the injury bug" is always a built in excuse that is the gone to. This team has been trending downward for years. This roster is poorly built. Even when healthy, it's poorly built. It's a poor team. Healthy or unhealthy.

When your top 8 core players play only 16 games together, injuries can very clearly have an effect.  

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I believe he would be the worst defensive center on our team day 1 but I don't believe he will make our defense much worse. Slightly yeah. He does an elite job of PITP which is a big issue for us. He also has high BBIQ, feel for the game and awareness so he should adjust as he goes along. 7'4 with a 7'10.5 wingspan matters.

You may think he is but the data and the metrics says otherwise and I am riding with that plus my eye test. So as far as I am concerned, that's your own opinion and I flat out don't agree with.

You can dress him up however you want.  It’s not going to change the fact that he’s slow and has no explosive athletic ability.  

23 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You can dress him up however you want.  It’s not going to change the fact that he’s slow and has no explosive athletic ability.  

You can lie to yourself all of the time but the data doesn't lie. The film doesn't lie. The metrics doesn't lie. 

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You can lie to yourself all of the time but the data doesn't lie. The film doesn't lie. The metrics doesn't lie. 

That’s right.  The film doesn’t lie, and the film shows a plodding big who lacks start stop explosion

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That’s right.  The film doesn’t lie, and the film shows a plodding big who lacks start stop explosion

Freak athlete for his size. The data lines up. The testing results line up. Metrics speak volumes. If our debate is your eyes v. My eyes. We are always going to go in our direction. Realistically, data, film, and metrics is how we resolve these issues and all are in Edey side and you don't care even still. 

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Freak athlete for his size. The data lines up. The testing results line up. Metrics speak volumes. If our debate is your eyes v. My eyes. We are always going to go in our direction. Realistically, data, film, and metrics is how we resolve these issues and all are in Edey side and you don't care even still. 

Yeah.  That’s why he’s a sure in for the #1 overall pick, and all these draft guys that follow this stuff who question his ability to move are just off their rocker.