• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Describe the 2023-24 Season in ONE Word.

JayBirdHawk

47 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Another thread gone the way of the Dodo 'Edey' bird. :blanky:

Directions 🗺️ (that’s my one word to you folks that can’t follow it; she clearly said one word.. yall spillin ya guts here..)

• Haha 2

• Moderators

So with one guy saying he will be picked at 10 and the other at 20-25, what do you guys think about an over under 17 bet?  He goes 1-16 Supes wins.  He goes 18+ KB wins.  17 is a push.

Rather than relying on the opinions of writers or posters, that will be ultimately relying on actual NBA GMs.  Seems like a better way to resolve the argument.

55 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I honestly can't tell you how much Edey reminds me of him.

Queue @KG01 saying, "D@MN you're old!"

Naw, you're 'old' because you don't know how to do @-mentions.  🤓

My pops was in school down in Jacksonville while Gilmore was down there, so he tells me.  Always tells me how great he was. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Gilmore would not make it in today's NBA, and even he is more athletic than Edey.  

Gilmore was slow, plodding and won his nightly battles on strength and positioning.  When he came out of college, he had similar criticisms.  By the end of of his career he was so slow, his nickname was Rigor-artis. Edey is actually more athletic and 60lbs heavier, 2 inches taller.  Growing up a Bulls fan, I saw Gilmore at the middle and end of his career.  They are very similar players and despite being relatively clumsy, Gilmore would thrive today based on his dedication to footwork and positioning. Modern players don't really appreciate how useful that is.