• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Describe the 2023-24 Season in ONE Word.

JayBirdHawk

LEARNING:  The act of accumulating knowledge and experience as you strive to become better.

"The past season was a real learning experience for many of our young Hawk players."

:smug:

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Foundational.

We spent the first half of the season learning-- constant miscues on defense, lapses in motion on offense, some regression into Nate ball at times, etc.  Towards the back half of this season, I think the team started gelling and we started seeing the fruits of Quin's schemes (and the adjustments he and the staff made).  I think we can hit the ground running next year and see a good improvement, even without major roster changes.  I always felt like years 2-4 under Quin would be where we can really judge him as a coach.

• Like 2

Was going to say Treadmill bc we’re in the play-in year after year after year…but it’s worse than that.

I looked at our record and we’ve gone from 43 wins to 41 to now 36 wins over the past 3 seasons. This team is literally regressing. But I guess that’s what happens when you turn key players into picks that aren’t transferring and cap space. 

REGRESSION

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Was going to say Treadmill bc we’re in the play-in year after year after year…but it’s worse than that.

I looked at our record and we’ve gone from 43 wins to 41 to now 36 wins over the past 3 seasons. This team is literally regressing. But I guess that’s what happens when you turn key players into picks that aren’t transferring and cap space. 

REGRESSION

It's been diminishing returns for years. The question is, how bad will it be next year? 

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Trae, DJ, DH, JJ, CC, OO, and Bogi played in 16 games all season. SIXTEEN 

9-7 (46-win pace)

They scored 126.7 pts and allowed 122.6 pts, so a +4.1 pt diff.

They beat:  Bucks, Wolves, Pels, Magic, Lakers, and Warriors

We can talk about poor fit all day long (rightly so I might add), but imo, the best explanation for how the season played out is the deathly combination of poor roster depth and injuries.   

"Naw, screw all that and nevermind them facts.  The problem is Trae sux and we need to build around Murray and Garri Bird!" - They 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Had that core group been able to stay healthy all year, I feel like 46-50 wins for this team would not have been out of the question.  Not having DeAndre and Jalen in December really exposed this team’s lack of wing depth.  

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, I think we may have developed some solid wing depth players during the year with both Vit Krejci and Mo Gueye showing flashes that they may be ready to contribute in 9-10 man rotations next year.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Had that core group been able to stay healthy all year, I feel like 46-50 wins for this team would not have been out of the question.  Not having DeAndre and Jalen in December really exposed this team’s lack of wing depth.  

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, I think we may have developed some solid wing depth players during the year with both Vit Krejci and Mo Gueye showing flashes that they may be ready to contribute in 9-10 man rotations next year.  

As long as we don't panic or over-value the draft, we have a chance to be really good next season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

As long as we don't panic or over-value the draft, we have a chance to be really good next season.

I can't see how any player they can take will play much in 2024/2025.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2