• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

10 minutes ago, Packfill said:

If that were true OO and CC would be kings.

He had Clint playing his best ball until recently.

Honestly, Trae hasn't played enough minutes with OO yet.  And it's also an indication that OO may not be as good as we think he is.

OO needs to start, so we can see if Trae can raise his ceiling as a player.

5 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

It's somewhat surprising that Trae is so quiet at the moment... very quiet indeed.

Additionally, it's beneficial for the Squawk, as this place will likely see increased traffic due to the #1 pick and the current situation with Trae/DJ.

No reaction from Trae yet.  It's a bit puzzling.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He doesn't have their frame. Giannis and Dwight had tremendous frames. Even as skinny as Giannis was, he had them broad shoulders. Sarr looks like he will be 230 max.

Idk right now. 

I see him playing the 4 next to OO so I'm not as worried about his weight. Plus, he's going to fill out.

Not going to dig for it, but didn't you compare Sarr to Scottie Pippen a few pages back? We don't control our FRP for the next 3 years so we're going to have to take a risk to figure this out. A chance at Pippen sounds like a good risk to me.

We control 1 pick for the next 4 years...I'm swinging for the fences with it.

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Agreed.  I hope this isn't a situation where he wants the Hawks to trade the pick for veteran help because he wants to win now.

9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He had Clint playing his best ball until recently.

Honestly, Trae hasn't played enough minutes with OO yet.  And it's also an indication that OO may not be as good as we think he is.

OO needs to start, so we can see if Trae can raise his ceiling as a player.

All of these guys are bigs. All of them. Sarr isn't. His metrics are horrendous in terms of big man offense. 

Can't screen

No big man movement package

No post up game

Bro might be a good long term fit for Quin but he's horrendous fit for Trae whereas Clingan is a tremendous fit for Trae but his upside is clearly lower than Sarr, he's a big man whereas Sarr isn't. 

No Ceilings loves Sarr but the scout from them is negative in all big man offensive areas and before you speak negatively about his league, the other prospect is this league has superior big man numbers in the same league and he's unlikely to be drafted. 

https://www.noceilingsnba.com/p/alex-sarr-the-undisputed-number-one

His upside is his overall offensive versatility in time as a big wing in time but for now, he's really doesn't have a position. Defensively, he's a generational switch defender, rim protector, and man defender in space but as a big man, he struggles in drop since he's a poor paint protector and weak, how does that work with Trae who you have to play drop for because he gets abused off the ball like crazy?

I don't see the fit at all. I can even make sense of San Antonio but I can't with Atlanta. 

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We got to hit on this pick. The salary alone says we can't miss. 

Edited by NBASupes

Just now, swanlee said:

Toxic Bunch of BS on here. Best possible outcome and people are flipping their shit? So so tired of this kind of crap, get a grip you 

It's the Hawks !!!!!

• Premium Member

The Good News....Combine is May 12 - 19, so we'll be hearing 'stuff' this week.

It's time for the 2024 NBA draft combine!

The league has invited 78 players to take part in a multiday schedule of events that will showcase their skills to teams ahead of the draft in June. This year, the NBA is requiring all invitees to attend the combine in order to be draft-eligible.

Here are key facts about the event.

When is the NBA draft combine?

The 2024 NBA draft combine takes place May 12-19.

How can fans watch?

Combine activities on May 14 and May 15 will air on ESPN2 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. ET. Fans can also tune in via the ESPN streaming hub.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Draft board before lottery balls was Sarr Risacher and Clingan. In that order. From both Hawks sources confirmed. Make of it what you will. 

In my extensive amount of minutes researching prospects this afternoon, I’m on the Sarr train. 
I thought Risacher could be an option as a 3+D wing, but IDK. I’m getting Dante Exum vibes from him. 

@NBASupes, before you got all hot and heavy over Zach, I remember you were high on Risacher, but I haven’t heard you mention him at all today. Why the sudden push for Clingan now? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I was wondering the same. Looks like his dad may not know much about Sarr. maybe Trae is in the same boat 😢

4 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

In my extensive amount of minutes researching prospects this afternoon, I’m on the Sarr train. 
I thought Risacher could be an option as a 3+D wing, but IDK. I’m getting Dante Exum vibes from him. 

@NBASupes, before you got all hot and heavy over Zach, I remember you were high on Risacher, but I haven’t heard you mention him at all today. Why the sudden push for Clingan now? 

We aren't drafting a wing with likely BI coming unless it's Sarr and that's long term development. 

It's gonna be Clingan or Sarr. Upside/potential superstar v. Floor/fit with Trae.

No one else is in the race when it comes down to it. When you are in this range, you only have 4-5 options at most. 

Edey is not in this range and he won't be either. This is Dillingham, Risacher, Clingan, and Sarr range. Teams around the league have labeled this as their range. 

Edited by NBASupes

Just now, Bonzaii58 said:

I was wondering the same. Looks like his dad may not know much about Sarr. maybe Trae is in the same boat 😢

They have, believe me, they have. They know about these guys. 

14 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Ship 'em all out!

Trae | Bridges | Jalen | Sarr | OO would be a damn fun lineup. 

PG13 or one of those Pels wings could be options too.

PG and Bridges were the two that came to mind for me, too.   (Obviously Herb if available)

Trae | PG | Starr | JJ | OO 

If we went this route, we would use Murray to either upgrade at Center or (more likely) grab depth and picks.

F9DAF16F-C5B8-4EC7-B74F-7BC9C30ABAD5.jpeg