• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

So, let’s hypothetically say that they do this trade with the Spurs where Atlanta gets #4 and #8 in this draft, our firsts back in 25 and 27, and we remove the pick swap in 26.  Let’s focus on those instead of the salary filler we get in the deal.  

Who are you taking at 4 and 8?  What does this look like in 25 with potentially 2 picks?   

I would assume that you are keeping JJ, OO, and KB as the focal points.  You keep DJ to keep the team from bottoming out.  You continue to develop Mo and Vit.  

So, let’s hypothetically say that they do this trade with the Spurs where Atlanta gets #4 and #8 in this draft, our firsts back in 25 and 27, and we remove the pick swap in 26.  Let’s focus on those instead of the salary filler we get in the deal.  

Who are you taking at 4 and 8?  What does this look like in 25 with potentially 2 picks?   

I would assume that you are keeping JJ, OO, and KB as the focal points.  You keep DJ to keep the team from bottoming out.  You continue to develop Mo and Vit.  

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

We're gonna have the best GLeague team ever 🤓.

But seriously, if this is the plan...just go scorched earth and burn it all down...rip off the bandaid....go all in....don't go halfway......trade DJ as well.

@NBASupes indicated that DJ wants to stay in Atlanta but he also wants to win...sounds familiar doesn't it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But seriously, if this is the plan...just go scorched earh and burn it all down...trade DJ as well.

@NBASupes indicated that DJ wants to stay in Atlanta but he also wants to win...sounds familiar doesn't it.

No, because you can’t emphasize what they want to emphasize and then try to lose games.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But seriously, if this is the plan...just go scorched earh and burn it all down...trade DJ as well.

There's GOT to be a middle ground between the megatrade of all the young guys and picks for Giannis and blowing it all up for Tankathon Part Deaux. Right?

I'm all for Giannis but not at the expense of our young guys and picks. What happens when the ride is over? We got no picks and all aging vets? I guess if we had a couple of titles it would be worth it. But if we don't? Yikes. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

If Giannis is disappointed with Milwaukee brain trust putting together a winning team, then he is going to LOOOVE Atlanta. 

And that's why it won't happen. Messy Ressy won't pay :laugh1:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Unless Giannis openly demands a trade, they aren't trading him. You guys thinks Hawks fans might be upset about a Trae trade? Bucks fans will be homicidal/suicidal if they trade Giannis. He's under contract for three more years. They will keep him for two more years at the very least.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

If Giannis is disappointed with Milwaukee brain trust putting together a winning team, then he is going to LOOOVE Atlanta. 

But don't undervalue Doc Rivers getting rid of Giannis' guy on purpose and being disliked by many

7 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

OKC would be lined up with everything on the table but SGA and Chet for Giannis. SAS would be lined up with all their picks. We’d get outbid. 

Literally every team would be calling for Giannis. It’s not happening with our assets, sorry.

Truth. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

OKC would be lined up with everything on the table but SGA and Chet for Giannis. SAS would be lined up with all their picks. We’d get outbid. 

Literally every team would be calling for Giannis. It’s not happening with our assets, sorry.

Mmmmm....I'm not so sure. OKC has a plethora of future picks, yes. And I would summise that Jaylen Williams would be the young player to headline the trade.

Buuuut.....if the Bucks are selling their fanbase on a rebuild wouldn't the home town kid oozing with potential in JJ and the #1 pick in Sarr as 'Giannis lite' be the headliners?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This is the way. Build around Trae / JJ / Sarr and use DJM to upgrade the wing.

If Trae demands a trade bc he’s upset we didn’t trade the pick, too damn bad. We control his contract for 2 more seasons to see if this retool works. He’s going to make over $90M during that time - I don’t feel bad for him. Suck it up buttercup.

And a lot of our personnel choices over the years have had his input. Time to put that behind us and right this ship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Mmmmm....I'm not so sure. OKC has a plethora of future picks, yes. And I would summise that Jaylen Williams would be the young player to headline the trade.

Buuuut.....if the Bucks are selling their fanbase on a rebuild wouldn't the home town kid oozing with potential in JJ and the #1 pick in Sarr as 'Giannis lite' be the headliners?

I love the Sarr fit for the Hawks. We have a stud franchise PG and JJ already to build upon. But Sarr isn’t the prospect I’d want to start my rebuild with. He’s not that guy.

But Cooper Flagg is. If I was rebuilding, I’d want as many shots at that guy as possible.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I love the Sarr fit for the Hawks. We have a stud franchise PG and JJ already to build upon. But Sarr isn’t the prospect I’d want to start my rebuild with. He’s not that guy.

But Cooper Flagg is. If I was rebuilding, I’d want as many shots at that guy as possible.

These are the OKC picks in 2025....none of these will get the Bucks Flagg.

Screenshot_20240514_204627_Samsung Internet.jpg