• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I’ve tried to look at some other prospects, but Sarr is the clear cut top guy, IMO.  

We will find that like the Anthony Edward’s draft.. people were saying there isn’t a clear cut option but that became apparent as time went on and the combine.

• Like 2

I was talking to a Pelicans fan on Reddit. They’re pretty down on how BI was playing and definitely want him moved to make room for Murphy to take over the 3. Kind of implied his value is relatively low right now from their fan perspective.

But I asked how untouchable they view Herb and his response was he wouldn’t like trading him, but understands you gotta give something good to get something good.

All of that to say Herb might not be out of reach. DJM + OO for BI + Herb works straight up salary wise. While I’m intrigued by a JJ / OO / Sarr front court, JJ at the 4 and Sarr at the 5 is probably the ideal long term pairing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Trae / Bufkin / Forrest

Herb / Bogi / Lundy

BI / Hunter / Griffin

JJ / Gueye / Bey

Capela / Sarr / Bruno

I don't think Herb will be on the block for many years

Ya gotta give to get.  If our opponents want something from us, they must give us something in return.  This is how it works.  You don't just get something.  Something costs.  Appears the Hawks are offering two of their better players.  

The more we here on the Squawk watch film and read, the more certain we all become that Sarr is our logical pick.  Please don't blow this!  Hawks have had only one first round pick ever.  He signed with the rival ABA league.  We didn't even get the pick at all.  If we trade this pick, something really good better be coming to Atlanta.  Just don't think about it!

:smug:

• Like 3

On 5/14/2024 at 6:28 PM, KB21 said:

So, let’s hypothetically say that they do this trade with the Spurs where Atlanta gets #4 and #8 in this draft, our firsts back in 25 and 27, and we remove the pick swap in 26.  Let’s focus on those instead of the salary filler we get in the deal.  

Who are you taking at 4 and 8?  What does this look like in 25 with potentially 2 picks?   

I would assume that you are keeping JJ, OO, and KB as the focal points.  You keep DJ to keep the team from bottoming out.  You continue to develop Mo and Vit.  

So, let’s hypothetically say that they do this trade with the Spurs where Atlanta gets #4 and #8 in this draft, our firsts back in 25 and 27, and we remove the pick swap in 26.  Let’s focus on those instead of the salary filler we get in the deal.  

Who are you taking at 4 and 8?  What does this look like in 25 with potentially 2 picks?   

I would assume that you are keeping JJ, OO, and KB as the focal points.  You keep DJ to keep the team from bottoming out.  You continue to develop Mo and Vit.  

Pushing the reset button AGAIN, would significantly reduce my interest in the Hawks. 

No going to games. No buying merchandise. No paying for ballys ( or whomever will take over ). No scrambling the internet trying to find streaming links to the game. All of that extra shit that I do to try to keep up with the Hawks would be finito.

I would rather for them to swing for the fences, have that fail, then bottom out naturally, instead of purposely selling off our top guys and starting over.

Purposely not constructing the best team possible for Trae, one of the 5 best players in franchise history, would damn near be a dealbreaker for me.

• Like 2

Just pick Sarr and run it back, with JJ getting better, Bufkin and MO getting much increased playing time next year we should be a better team anyway, add Sarr and we are legit.

No reason to blow anything up or even trade DJM, it REALLY is not that complicated we got handed the #1 pick and the #1 prospect fits what we need and has a super high ceiling. This is all easy no brainer stuff.

Edited by swanlee
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

thats-gonna-be-a-no-from-me-dawg.gif

Well Clint and Bey are probably gone so it won't be a straight run back but really do not blow this up if we do and we have to start all over again then I'm out, tired of this crap

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Just pick Sarr and run it back, with JJ getting better, Bufkin and MO getting much increased playing time next year we should be a better team anyway, add Sarr and we are legit.

No reason to blow anything up or even trade DJM, it REALLY is not that complicated we got handed the #1 pick and the #1 prospect fits what we need and has a super high ceiling. This is all easy no brainer stuff.

Trae and DJM don't work together at all.  That is an easy no brainer something.  Trae had a positive net rating with anyone on the team other than DJM.  DJM had a negative net rating but not too bad with anyone other than Trae.  Trae and DJM together were extremely negative.

It is also beyond obvious from watching last year that we need more depth at the wing and front court positions - especially with defenders.  

Now I am coming around to the idea that Sarr is the easy pick so we agree there.  But imo you must trade one of Trae or DJM and you must add more depth to the 3-4 positions (and 5 position if you are unloading CC which I could see since I don't think he does what Quin would like from that position).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

They should be looking at every prospect that's labeled a 1st rounder. You can't afford to miss on this one. They should be paying extra attention to Risacher