• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

26 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's a 19 year old kid taking about the details of the game with the maturity of a veteran.

Landry bet not blow this.

That’s Hawks DNA!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Don't back out or say its the Hawks management fault. Ya'll was right there with them encouraging this bad decision. This will get Landry fired. 

I commend you for not only not backing down, but tripling down on your stance about Sarr.

Someone will definitely be on the wrong side of history.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, KB21 said:

image.jpeg.c2f8f846584ce7645d55c1412399e890.jpeg

He doesn’t want you to know, but everything he’s saying about Alex Sarr, he also said it about this guy who is now one of the best bigs in the league and a perennial DPOY candidate.  

I was a big Bagley guy, but came around to Trae and Luka as the draft came closer. Like with Shelden, I was blinded by Bagley's dominance around the rim, while overlooking clear red flags in his game.

Thing is, Bagley will play 10 - 15 years in this league, like Marvin did. But his game is too limited to be a star.

But with Sarr, if he develops a competent 3 point shot, he becomes a 15 ppg scorer almost instantly. 

The vision of Trae +JJ could get that kid so many easy looks, that he could easily be a ROY candidate.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I was a big Bagley guy, but came around to Trae and Luka as the draft came closer. Like with Shelden, I was blinded by Bagley's dominance around the rim, while overlooking clear red flags in his game.

Thing is, Bagley will play 10 - 15 years in this league, like Marvin did. But his game is too limited to be a star.

But with Sarr, if he develops a competent 3 point shot, he becomes a 15 ppg scorer almost instantly. 

The vision of Trae +JJ could get that kid so many easy looks, that he could easily be a ROY candidate.

Yep.  Two players that I’ve always said would be the best fitting players to put around Trae are Jaren Jackson Jr and Michael Porter Jr.  it’s the shooting for both.  Their ability to space the floor would open up Trae on his drives.  Sarr is in that Jaren Jackson archetype.  

The thing with Jalen Johnson is that he could legitimately be a Ben Simmons with a jumper archetype.  

They still need a floor spacing wing who is of the three and D archetype and a POA defending big guard.  

Edited by KB21
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Even Chriss showed more skill and flair

Cmon man! I’m with you on not seeing KG. But he’s a vastly superior prospect than Chriss. that video you shared is nothing but rim running and blocks … where is the nuance to his game? It doesn’t exist. He had a 1:2+ turnover ratio which speaks volume to his offensive BBIQ. Defensively he isn’t in the same world as Sarr. I still don’t understand how MC was drafted as high as he was. 

sarr doesn’t solve our big man problems imo. He’s a 4 in the same mold as JIsaac and what JJJ should be. True 5s will eat him alive, but he can play spot minutes there as he gets older. 

• Confused 2

On 5/17/2024 at 10:21 PM, h4wkfan said:

Cmon man! I’m with you on not seeing KG. But he’s a vastly superior prospect than Chriss. that video you shared is nothing but rim running and blocks … where is the nuance to his game? It doesn’t exist. He had a 1:2+ turnover ratio which speaks volume to his offensive BBIQ. Defensively he isn’t in the same world as Sarr. I still don’t understand how MC was drafted as high as he was. 

sarr doesn’t solve our big man problems imo. He’s a 4 in the same mold as JIsaac and what JJJ should be. True 5s will eat him alive, but he can play spot minutes there as he gets older. 

Sarr is very clearly a modern big.  [T]he center position has changed.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yep.  Two players that I’ve always said would be the best fitting players to put around Trae are Jaren Jackson Jr and Michael Porter Jr.  it’s the shooting for both.  Their ability to space the floor would open up Trae on his drives.  Sarr is in that Jaren Jackson archetype.  

The thing with Jalen Johnson is that he could legitimately be a Ben Simmons with a jumper archetype.  

They still need a floor spacing wing who is of the three and D archetype and a POA defending big guard.  

I say moving Hunter to the 2, may be the best thing for his career, while also finding the 3 and D big wing that you want.

While Hunter can guard at average NBA level, his overall energy as a 3/4 hybrid is way too low, which is why he isn't a defensive impact player.

If we can add Sarr, and find that energy 3 and D guy to replace Hunter ... and slide Hunter to the 2 ... we may finally balance this team offensively and defensively.

9 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I say moving Hunter to the 2, may be the best thing for his career, while also finding the 3 and D big wing that you want.

While Hunter can guard at average NBA level, his overall energy as a 3/4 hybrid is way too low, which is why he isn't a defensive impact player.

If we can add Sarr, and find that energy 3 and D guy to replace Hunter ... and slide Hunter to the 2 ... we may finally balance this team offensively and defensively.

I don’t think Hunter will ever be able to guard guards.  He’s good to great with big wings, but has seemingly never embraced help defense.  

• Like 1

I've really warmed up to Risacher being the pick at #1.  Watching the firm and even his game the other day.. he might have the killer instinct you want for a two-way lengthy wing.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, KB21 said:

Sarr is very clearly a modern big.  You guys legitimately don’t understand that the center position has changed.  

He doesn’t rebound well enough / isn’t physical enough to be a full time center. Maybe in time when his frame Fills out.

even a guy like JJJ is STILL more effective as a 4 than a 5 - even after 6 years of professional development. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just finished listening:

- wouldn't be surprised if Hawks kept both Trae and DJ (60/40 split at least to start the season) and made the pick at #1 

- at #1, Sarr or Zacc, leaning Sarr

- CC most likely to be traded. NOP, OKC as possible suitors

- trade Hunter to move back into the 1st to target defensive wings like Tristan DeSilva or Bobby Klintman 

Then talked about who the suitors maybe for Trae and DJ (nothing what we haven't seen/discussed before). DJ to Bucks might have been the only 'new' suitor that we haven't discussed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h4wkfan said:

He doesn’t rebound well enough / isn’t physical enough to be a full time center. Maybe in time when his frame Fills out.

even a guy like JJJ is STILL more effective as a 4 than a 5 - even after 6 years of professional development. 

He ain't tryna here you my G. 

1 hour ago, h4wkfan said:

Well then, Wemby and Chet must not be real centers due to their lack of “being physical”.  

This so called lack of being physical is about like saying he lacks a back to the basket game.  Who gives a shit?   No one plays that way in the NBA.  

It’s not 1985 any longer.