• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Donovan Clingan or Alexander Sarr: Battle of 1st overall pick

NBASupes

Who did you think should go 1st overall?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 06/29/2024 at 01:07 AM

32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He will hit them. He's actually elite efficiency wise around the rim especially if he doesn't have to create his own basket which he doesn't with Trae. OO when starting game us 16 and CC gave us 15 and neither are the total package Clingan is as a screener and a roller. He's not Edey has he doesn't have the low post movement but he does move often like Sabonis and he can really pass the rock. 

To me, this is Marvin v. CP3 part 2. 

If we want Clingan, I say trade #1 to the Spurs for #4, #8, and one of our picks back.. lol

Take Clingan at 4 and BPA at 8....

I think this is really an unenviable position but one where we realistically can’t go wrong (or at least can’t be second guessed. 

Two elite defensive bigs. One a better post player and rebounder day one. The other more switchable with a higher upside. Both of them address our biggest need but could top out as plus starters.

My worst nightmare would be the FO falling in love with Ron Holland though lol

Edited by JustSomeGuy
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Worst draft in recent memory and we get #1 pick. 

Been our luck. The Hunter/Cam year and the OO year were awful. The Trae year was the good year and we will debate that draft for decades....

:sad:

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JustSomeGuy said:

I would rather trade the pick for a bonafide starter and save our depth than draft anyone not named Clingan or Sarr though. 

Ideas?

• Moderators

This is like the Anthony Bennett draft in that there is no clear choice at 1.  Don’t Bennett this draft, Landry!  Get us a core piece for the next decade.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Trae | JJ | OO | Sarr - That's a solid core man. 

Then add Bridges, PG13, or one of those Pelicans wings and we might be onto something.

I feel a lot better about our future now than I did 3 hours ago. 

Gueye over OO for me..

That's Trae and 4 rookie contracts.. lol