• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae’s Silence

58 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think it's strange too.  He reacts to most big nba news regularly.

There is this:

image.png

I'm too old to know what that emoji means though.LOL.  

I actually had the exact thought regarding those three as a comparison.  JJ and Marion loosely share some offensive profile; however, I recall Marion being a longer, bouncier defender (more like Sarr on defense).  Amare’s post game is obviously more advanced.  

4 hours ago, ryandauwalker said:

I have never bought into the notion of Trae being on the move… he has seemed loyal to ATL, and the decision to ship him off somewhere has never made sense. However, now it actually does with two years left before his player option, and he could leave for nothing.

Trae’s silence in the midst of one of the luckiest moments in Hawks history alongside true NBA folks saying he might be on the move have me thinking he actually may not be on the roster next season. Hard to believe, but I think we are here.

He normally all over tweeter webs whenever the Hawks have done something big.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952xe795nr10j9trxm09t

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Knowing the the draft is rigged.. and usually the NBA uses it to make up for major moves...   Trae may be on the move. 

THIS... I immediately starting trying to piece the moves together after the Hawks "won" the draft lottery.  Trae most likely with either the Lakers or Pelicans next season.

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Moderators

This offseason can't get going soon enough for me.   Let's get this team set.  Leaving basically every player on the team blowing in the media trade winds does no good at all.  

I think it is fair to get a bit of a callout on the thread title - that’s on me. If it was simply that fact alone, it would be a nothing-burger.

To me, this is the first time where I think it very well might make sense to trade him, and I might actually prefer it simply because we have an increased risk of holding the bag (opt out or demanding a trade) alongside an accelerated rebuild plan now we are armed with #1 pick. I really like Trae and think he is elite.

I don’t view it as rampant alarm-ism… the calculus has changed, and combine that with his unusual silence, more direct feedback from him on not accepting where we are and more seemingly credible reporting on trades, it is noteworthy. Not saying I know anything conclusively, but these data points altogether mean something to me.

My best case scenario is he stays, FWIW. But we cannot ignore the risks of him pulling out the rug from under us.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Or maybe he's on vacation.  

No need for wild speculation.... unless it's totally unhinged ...

Per my sources, Trae is in North Korea with Dennis Rodman.  They're on a tour using Basketball Beyond Borders as a cover operation to extricate a caravan of POW's out of the country.  

The problem is, one of the POW's is a mole.  Just waiting for the chance to blow the mission sky high.  Can our hero pull the operation our of the abyss?  Or will they all get ensnared by the jaws of the wicked dictator?

🫣

So, long story long, Trae's a lil' busy.

Remember a WNBA player who was a prisoner in Russia for a long time.  Dennis and Trae, take no chances.  We don't want you spending several years there.

🥲

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

I mean...he was tweeting 12 hours ago so there's that for the "he's on vacation" thing.  There's people on this very post calling him out, "Aye bro bro. We won the lottery. Not sure you saw"

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Could mean something, it could mean nothing. Who knows, and what's the point of speculating .... unless it's wild speculation...

Agreed, atl-holic....

Trae is in the process of changing his name to lil'Busy and giving it all up to pursue his true passion... becoming the 4th Migo.

😏

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Agreed, atl-holic....

Trae is in the process of changing his name to lil'Busy and giving it all up to pursue his true passion... becoming the 4th Migo.

😏

low hanging fruit...😀

EDXJTUG7FDUTF5OVK3FVJTJMS4.jpg

TBLBZRUHGVHY7STEJZY3EGVEOA.jpg

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member

...and DAMMIT for all the "calm down" people, let me say this here for YOU wierdos....! lol

HE. KNOWS. MAN.

For the love of chitlins and hog maws, there ain't NO DANG WAY Trae doesn't know we out here waiting on him to say SOMETHING. He's either messing with us or he's figuring out "how" to react.  Hawks Twitter is going nuts and his dad 100% called him 10 seconds after we made top 4.

Pepe Silvia | Know Your Meme

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

not commenting on the lottery win, changing his avatar to ominous all black, his earlier comments about the team needing to be competitive.  Yea, you don't need to stare at tea leaves to read these signs.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Could mean something, it could mean nothing. Who knows, and what's the point of speculating? Until we know something we won't know anything, should go without saying. 

What's the point?   Oh i guess you expect me just to sit at this computer and ...what?... work, or something? 

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What's the point?   Oh i guess you expect me just to sit at this computer and ...what?... work, or something? 

giphy.gif

Dude.... I LOL'd in front of my computer.  I can't get nothing done right now.  Too much excitement and too many people on the Squawk talking.  

...and Trae NOT talking.  I need this dude to say something.

• Haha 2