Trae’s Silence

Just now, AHF said:

Have any of the current Hawks commented on the lottery?  I don't think I've seen anything from anyone whether it is Trae, DJM, or Seth Lundry.

Team morale might be down in general. They might also know the winds of change are coming.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, shakes said:

not commenting on the lottery win, changing his avatar to ominous all black, his earlier comments about the team needing to be competitive.  Yea, you don't need to stare at tea leaves to read these signs.

Its been all black

• Haha 1

I wouldn't read too much into this.  Pretty much every player on the team has been in speculated trade rumors for this offseason.  They've heard the noise.  It's probably just a matter of not knowing if they will be around.  I think everyone will be fine once we get through the draft/FA and they know for sure if they will be around or not, lol

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Have any of the current Hawks commented on the lottery?  I don't think I've seen anything from anyone whether it is Trae, DJM, or Seth Lundry.

...yeah but, they don't have the same scrutiny on them.  Not even DJ who was on everybody's mind over the year.  Any time there is a hint that a star (and Trae is that IMO) might be even remotely available due to discontent/new team direction...people start hanging on their every word.

If anything, this is historic for the franchise...  The biggest face this franchise has had in decades HAS to say or do something.  If for nothing but optics alone, he should be showing support for the team.  It's not the same for the rest of the guys.

Which is also weird now that I think about it.  IMO, the possibility of adding a 4/5 with high expectations, and the fact that changes are likely imminent regardless, has got guys nervous about their future.  Also, I just think they don't Tweet as regularly as Trae and DJ do.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Team morale might be down in general. They might also know the winds of change are coming.

My thoughts as well regarding everyone else.  Especially looking at the addition of Sarr.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

This feels like DeAndre Hunter Instagram-gate all over again

With Shades of Dame and "don't draft Scoot" paranoia.

• Haha 1

To add to the wild assertions that Evan Sidery might pick up on post on Twitter:

Could it also be that Trae is not gonna be the Hawk's hype man until they show him they're serious about getting him some help?

2 hours ago, AHF said:

And draw the wrath of Trae?  He ain't out the building...yet

5b10500a51c26033069689293092f3fe3936bbd1

2 hours ago, Afro said:

No one is safe also means him celebrating #1 also means he's celebrating another of his teammates getting the boot. 

Just to play devils advocate some more to the freak out crew lol. 

He very well may just be "#1 is cool, but it also means Clint goes toodaloo and I don't want to celebrate that"

Your posts have been so refreshing throughout these insane past 24 hours. Appreciate your voice of reason. I hope you've helped some people calm down. Which is insane that I'm even saying that after we just landed our first ever #1 pick. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

And draw the wrath of Trae?  He ain't out the building...yet

5b10500a51c26033069689293092f3fe3936bbd1

The most powerful person in the entire league.  No media member, player, or front office employee does anything without Trae's approval.  I wonder what he'll select for Ressler's dinner tonight?  Maybe the billionaire owner who has regularly over-ridden his GM and other execs will post a picture so we can all see...if Trae allows him to share a picture.  He might want to keep that curry lamb pie from Australian Bakery Cafe a secret though.  It's obviously safe to assume that Trae picked the curry lamb pie for Ressler for dinner but wouldn't permit Ressler to share it with the world if I don't see a post from Ressler about his dinner tonight.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member

The #1 pick by itself isn't changing the team's fortune, just like #10 wasn't.

It has to be about restructuring the rest of the roster to take the next step in winning.

• Like 1