• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A trade that might be in the works.

KB21

Plus, you throw in a point guard that doesn't fit the style that Billy Knight wants to go to. While I really like Nelson, he simply doesn't fit what the Hawks want to do. He doesn't bring the length they want.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephen Jackson, in all likelihood, will not be a Hawk anyway. Many of you don't like JT and want a true point guard. Tinsley is more of a true PG. This should make many of you ecstatic.

I, for one, like JT. He has been bright spot in this organization's consistent failure. But this trade makes sense IF Knight goes after some shooters in the FA market. The C pool is almost wiped out now. Swift and Martin are still available at PF, if Harrington would start at SF. I could see Harington switching to the 4 though.

This could very well explain BK's interest in Turkoglu.

• Premium Member

I think more than Long, is uptempo. I think that you can't overlook an uptempo point guard with a good basketball IQ. PLUS, Gooden is everything we're looking for... Long, Atheletic, defensive.... It makes a lot of sense.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I, for one, like JT. He has been bright spot in this organization's consistent failure.

Correction, he has been one of the major reasons for the organizations failures. We didnt' start losing until JT showed up and we haven't stopped losing since he's gotten here.

• Premium Member

It's not reality yet either.

If you want an INFO only board go start one... But if you want discussion about everybodies own perception of what the hawks should do stay. Otherwise stop all your bellyaching.... and go figure out what a forum is.

Gooden is nothing we are looking for. He's long, but he's not that athletic, and he doesn't play defense. Memphis couldn't wait to get rid of him, and now Orlando wants to dump him. Hell, if Orlando keeps him, he won't see the court with Howard and Varejao around. Atlanta is more interested in Varejao than they are Gooden.

• Premium Member

Don't cast stones on Gooden that quickly. He's not a bad player. He was traded because West is in love with Mike Miller?? Last year, he split time with J. Howard. They are ready to get rid of him because they need a C and he's in D. howard's way.

Now that they have picked up Turk, maybe trading for Harrington is not high on their list. But if it were, I would certainly take Nelson/Gooden. Even Still, I would offer Pollard/future first for Nelson/Gooden...

Exactly, if Indiana wants JT so bad, because Jax already made it clear Indiana would be his top choice, then why would Indiana be so willing to give up a true PG in Tinsley and one of the leagues best 6th man in Harrington to have JT a terrible PG(alot of hawksquawkers assume this) to run their ship? things that make you want to go hmmmmm.

Im with you Choro I'm not a fan of either of these players. Tinsley is worst on defense then JT and thats says alot, and he couldn't hit the broad side of a Barn while shooting. I don't know much about Harrington, but it seems to me that he is a SF, with little shooting range, and below average defense. Neither one of those players are players I want to build around.

Quote:

Correction, he has been one of the major reasons for the organizations failures. We didnt' start losing until JT showed up and we haven't stopped losing since he's gotten here.

Can you possible be more ignorant, Diesel? How can you blame JT for all of our losing since he has been here, so why the he11 would Indiana want JT if they are going to lose, answer that one, smarty.

Sometimes you make perfect sense, but sometime you make the most ignorant comments.

And yes I do like JT's game, yes he isnt a pure PG but many in this league arent, I think with the right coach JT would excel at the point.

• Premium Member

I think the cold blind truth is that last year, Indy found out that inconsistent offense will lose.... While JT is not Jason Kidd, he is a scorer. Nobody has ever doubted his ability to score. His contract is also good to every GM that sees it. The thing I see is this:

The proposed trade puts them under the luxury tax. The proposed trade also gives them scoring.

I suppose that they can pick up Jax with the MLE... after the deal is made.

JT/Jax/Artest/Oneal/Foster.

With Miller/Croshere/Harrison off the bench?

The other thing is that JT is supposedly really good friends with J. Oneal. Who knows what Oneal has said on his behalf.

No offense but you are seriously biased when it comes to JT......JT is a fine player, a good scorer and a good teamate. He is a poor leader and a poor playmaker. Those are facts. He has shown that for all of his years here. I like JT, I really do......but he will never be a playmaking PG which is what this team needs. Indiana can get by because they have an almost superstar on their team and other very good players to surround him and make up for his deficiencies. For what the Pacers need, he is a definite upgrade over Tinsley. For what we need, Tinsley is a definite upgrade. If Childress can be the offensive player that he is capable of becoming, they will be a perfect match in the backcourt. The Hawks are far better off starting over and not having a flawed player running the ship. I dont think Tinsley is the longterm answer, but he should help things go smoother.

All this JT hoopla reminds me.. can someone fill me in on what sort of restrictions there are as to how soon we can trade JT?

• Admin

forgive me if I do not get excited about this trade. I don't want to use an extra 7 million of our cap space on Pollard which is what will happen here.

Harrington is good but I would prefer to keep JT. I don't really like Tinsley, he can't score and he is only a small upgrade at Point. Overall he is no where near JTs caliber. I would rather spend 7 million towards getting someone who will contribute like Crawford instead of a backup center like Pollard.

Actually, I think Jason Terry is a better fit for our current projected line-up with Diaw and Childress at the wings because he brings necessary offense to the table and his ballhandling/distribution shortcomings are made up for by the presence of two other ballhandlers, Diaw in particular.

Again, if the Hawks don't go big and sign Kmart then I think the smart thing to do is make a play for Etan Thomas and resign Pryz and Collier, then call it a day.

Thank you EDS.

I maybe bias about JT but one thing for sure, I know what kind of game JT has, and Tinsley's game is nowhere near JT's. I also know that the team that Knight is building here is no way in shape or form Tinsley's form of play. He wants a run-n-gun team and jax and JT fit that bill and Tinsley and Harrington do not, although we most probably lose Jax but JT is here to stay like it or not.