• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dampier traded to MAVS

pusha_c

im w/ mrHonline, i have no idea why GOLDEN STATE would do this... i mean, do they really want those 2 low-first rounders?

i think DALLAS really has something special now... they finally get a LEGIT center.

if they can somehow get JASON KIDD...

KIDD, who cares, who cares, Nowitzki, Dampiere would do some damage!

SG- a scorer (Finley?), SF- a perimeter defender....

and a DECENT BENCH, they could do some major damage...

Quote:

ESPNEWS just reported the Warriors have traded Eric Dampier

to the MAVS in a 5 player deal.

Yes they (espn) did and I would hold off on this. Could very well involve three teams, either our Hawks or Charlotte.

Remember ESPN missed the boat the 1st day on our Harrington deal and were quoted as saying Jax had signed free and clear with the Pacers. We all know that ended up being false.

Not that I think it could not be exactly correct. Just seems like a lot to take on salary wise to gain two low picks. Basicly Golden State is paying Najera and Laettners salaries for those picks.

• Moderators

ESPN is saying this deal is still contingent on Dampier reaching agreement with Dallas over his contract.

Frankly, I feel releived. ESPN is reporting we offered 6 years and $50 million which isn't a terrible contracdt in the NBA but 6 years is way, way too long for Dampier. He has about 2 good years in him and a lot of Alan Henderson potential, IMO.

I am so glad is over. First of all I didnt want that bum anymore to play with us. At first I did, but my mind was chand ge when he made the comments he did. I'm sure Dallas would be a much better team now with him. Dont get me wrong, he can board and block shots, but he isn't no superstar. Maybe you can pick up Dickau if Dallas releases him.

Well now we go to better things, lets go after Swift.