No Excuse

phoostal

I know most people are already making excuses after this first game tonight. I can hear them now. "It's only one game" "too many new faces" "new coach" blah blah blah

Those all maybe valid, but there is no reason to lose the way we did tonight. NONE.

This is pathetic. I didn't expect us to win a lot. However, we should compete each game. This is just like the last preseason games. Guess what this isn't preseason anymore. So at least people can't use that as an excuse.

I just want this team to compete. Is that so wrong? It's sad that I don't care if they win anymore. Just as long as they are competitive. I guess now I have to root for them not to lose by double digits.

P

Well if you look around the league alot of teams got blown out that you wouldn't expect to. The lakers got blown out by 30 by Utah. Rockets are 0-2 etc.... Lot of teams that having played that long together are losing badly. I'm not all that worried yet.

However this is a rebuilding year and we need to keep that in mind. How can you worry the big aristotle picked us to be the suprise of the NBA LOL.

We can't project the entire season on one game.

If, after seeing last night's game, we think, "This is

as good as it gets this season" then we would have reason

to worry and fret.

If, watching the game, we think, "There is no where to

improve this team" then we would have no confidence in

any of these players, the coaches or the G.M.

Examine things closely. There were some good things

that happened for the Hawks. They had some decent

scoring in the first quarter and were still very much

in the game at that point. Both of our first round

draft picks showed some of the skills that made them

first round picks. They scored. They rebounded.

They made rookie mistakes. They will get better.

Diaw was aggresive, more than expected, on the offensive

end. This is good. He still has a long way to go

before we can say he is good in this area of his game,

but he is improving.

That's some of the good. We know about the bad. We

let the Suns explode in the second quarter. They were

shooting "lights out" and hitting everything they threw

up. They did this in pre season and it carried over.

Where was the defense? Can it be improved? Without

a doubt, it can and will improve.

Our two free agent starters couldn't carry the load.

It was just too much. Others must help. What happened

to our starting center? When he went out of the game

he never returned. He must have been ill or injured.

I didn't hear. Whatever it was, I missed it. He is

a decent shot. We needed some of that. The old man

came in and gave us some good stuff around the basket.

I hate loosing. Even worse, I hate getting run out

of a game the way we were in the second quarter.

It's a long road from where we are now to the Hawks

being a good team.

When we eat B.B.Q. ribs, we eat the meat and spit out

the bones. Some people can leave quiet a pile of bones

at one setting.

In last night's game, we must enjoy the meat and forget

about that pile of bones {Mistakes} that were there.

We all want that prime stuff that's mostly meat and

very few bones. It will come.

Meanwhile, we worry and fret. Woe is us. Get over it!

We had a big meal. Good things happened. Enjoy them.

Forget all the bad stuff. Look foreward to the next

game. We know, it's not going to be easy.

Another day coming. Another game. Another chance to

get out there and make our mistakes, which we will. But,

another chance to look for the good stuff. The Hawks

weren't the only N.B.A. team to loose

Go Hawks !!!!!

cool.gif

I was at the game last night and it was WORSE live than it had to be on tv. The Hawks are pathetic. Walker will be a cancer on this team. He rarely paid any attention during time outs. He has a constant look of disgust with the rookies. I don't see them winning 20 games. I know it was only the first game, but the score was alot closer than it should've been.

Are you serious? Walker....a Cancer?? Please explain to me how the hell Walker being disgusted means he is a Cancer? Are you really a Hawks fan or are you disguised as one of those Celtic/Maverick fans who get their jollies by bashing Antoine(seems to be an art-form these days)??

And I think Walker was a bit spoiled at having Paul Pierce (rookie) and he thought that the rooks would play as good or close to it instead of what happened last night....

But seriously, I really think Walker was disgusted at the WHOLE TEAM FOR NOT "BRINGING IT". Walker plays his ass off every damn night...He is a 3-time allstar....He has EVERY DAMN RIGHT to be pissed at the rookies, Jon Barry, and ANYONE ELSE...especially after last night's debacle.

Oh and just because Walker doesn't "seem" to be paying attention during Timeouts, DOESN'T MEAN THAT HE ISN'T PAYING ATTENTION! He has EARS, man. Like you and me.

And you think Walker would want to cause trouble with him in a CONTRACT YEAR?? HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT?

• Premium Member

Did anyone hear that dude! *LOL* Off the damn chain! I had to call the wife in there to check it out. I wish I had that game on tape.

Every 5 secons:

GO WALKER!!!

YEAH!!! SHOOT THE BALL WALKER!!!

DO IT!!! YEAH!!! GO WALKER!!!

I almost died laughing!

That guy was hilarious

I'm going to start doing that at hawks games. I've got a loud voice. No really. If you hear someone at the home opener heckling Drew Gooden that'll be me. Philips is usually so quiet it shouldn't be too hard. I just need to go get some tix now. Keep your ears open for me...

Oh by the way anyone else going to the game?

Quote:

How could you NOT hear him. Anyway, ATLfaninAZ said he was there about 11 rows behind the team, and I thought I heard Rathbun say that the guy who was yellin was right behind our bench.

I didn't 'cause I don't live in Atlanta so I couldn't watch the game. I will only be able to watch the games on PAX and any rare game shown on ESPN....

But man....I wonder if that "heckler" was, in fact, ATLfaninAZ?? grin.gif

Wouldn't surprise me in the least considering that he thinks Walker is a Cancer.

• Admin

That's what this team has needed for a while, a few good hecklers. Too many people trying to be "good fans" instead of laying it on these guys for putting out a product that, were it not for the good teams that come to Atlanta to beat them, wouldn't survive.

I used to enjoy going to games and heckling Lenny and some of our loafing players of the past.

• Premium Member

I think that they were flat out played by one of the better teams in the game.

The Lakers were also humiliated... Same reason.

I think as time goes on we will be better, but we definitely have to put some offensive schemes to work.

• Premium Member

I saw the disgust on Walker's face. In fact, at one instance, I thought he was going to cry.

I think that Walker will be traded before long, but I don't think he was or is a cancer. In fact, he was the only one trying to run plays on offense and he, J-Smooth, and Kevin Willis were grabbing boards.

Honestly, this is what I hope for.

I hope that Walker builds up enough value to get us something good. Maybe a good 2 or 5. I hesitate to believe that Walker could get us Ray Allen. So, a more realistic hope is for Walker to get us Wells/Swift...