• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

According to ESPN, White Chocolate is on the block

Admin

What could we do to get him in here? Apparently the Grizz want someone who can score in the paint and want to package him with Bonzi.

Could we offer Walker for Bonzi/Williams? IMO adding a playmaker who is exciting, plus a scorer to replace Walker would be great. We would be a lot more fun to watch and we would get up and down the court. I still feel Williams is the most underrated PG in the league and his numbers showed that under Hubie last year.

I really like both of those players. Bonzi especially. They both have character issues, but are great players. The concern with Williams is that you need a headstrong coach to control him, but I feel like Woodson would do it.

The trouble is that our youth (Diaw Childress Smith) all play at the 2 and 3, which is where Bonzi plays. Not sure what the contracts are, but that doesn't make too much sense in the long run.

Williams / KA

Diaw / Childress

Bonzi/J Smith

Harrington

Still_no_center

Not too bad. Probably more fun to watch. Actually, definitely. Not sure who could truly carry walker's load as the #1 guy. Harrington hasn't shown it yet.

I don't think there's any real chance of this happening, but this is interesting.

• Admin

We should not make ANY moves that are going to take away from the development of our young players, period. We've been rebuilding for nearly 5 years now and every season we end up playing a bunch of rentals while our young players sit on the bench. Unless we actually develop some young talent and give them the opportunity to make an impact, we will always be rebuilding.

PG is definitely a spot where we could use talent. Ivey is probably not starter material. Williams is a definite upgrade over anything we have. But not if it comes at the expense of playing Childress (bonzi wells). He's got the skills. Now it's time to give him the minutes and opportunity to succeed or fail by his own hand.

Same thing goes for Josh Smith and Harrington. Harrington is a lock, his position is secure. But Smith needs the same opportunity. We are not going to win many games. So why should we lose AND fail to develop our talent. Let those guys play! Who knows, we might see that we have two all-star caliber players by seasons end.

I would consider giving them Al Harrington in a deal

but for somebody other than Bonzi Wells. It would be

nice to have Battier in the deal with J Williams. I'd

love to see Harrington go because he is a total black

hole on offense and shoots a really low percentage for

somebody that plays inside and Al has brought little to

no benefits to the Hawks.

Bonzi is MORE than capable of being a starting SF in this league, even only being 6'5. That allows Childress to continue being the starting SG. Jason Williams is a very talented PG who would bring a boatload of excitement to this franchise.

The 3 big questions for me are:

1). What about Bonzi's baggage? Is he done with all that crap from the past? If so, he is an undeniable talent.

2). Can Harrington slide over to the 4 where he is probably more comfortable anyway?

3). How far off is Josh Smith from starting for us? I think this year he should come off the bench. Next year we make a decision on Bonzi based on whether or not Smith seems ready.

With this deal we get a guy who can lock up our PG position for the next 5 years. We dont really hurt our cap room for next season because next year we would have a team option on picking up Bonzi. If we dont need him, we cut him loose and move on. Williams makes 7.5 mil next year, but where else are we going to find a top PG for anywhere near that money? Personally I think this would be a great deal because of getting Williams. I would then use our top pick on a big next year and try and get a couple bigs in FA and we should be good to go.

whether or not u think hes overrated, the truth is... hes better than anyone we have at PG. i like what i see in IVEY, but i do not see him as a full time starter playing significant minutes as a rookie. i wouldnt mind watching him play 20 minutes off the bench, but as a fulltime starter? i dont know about that.

that being said, i do wish we could get WILLIAMS. his contract is also reasonable (last time i checked, if i remember correctly). we could also trade WILLIAMS, once we find a better player- but for now, there is no better player. we need him.

but like most of u guys here said- i dont think GRIZZLES would want to trade w/ us. many teams could offer better deals than us.

and if we throw away our high #1 pick this upcoming draft, that would be just stupid of us! after all, this is WILLIAMS and not KOBE BRYANT!

First, Williams is on the block because Fratello likes Watson better than him. They want to keep Watson. Hubie saw it the exact opposite and last year under Hubie, Williams was an excellent PG on a Western Conference playoff caliber team. He was also the PG that helped to turn around the Kings. Say what you want about the guy, but he helped turn around both Sacramento and Memphis. He could do the same here.

Second, you guys are right that they probably wouldnt want Antoine, but who's to say that it couldnt be a 3 way deal where they sent Antoine off to someone else (IE. to Philly for Dalembert/Mo Taylor)?

I really think that something like this could happen. Would I be thrilled with Bonzi? No, not really, but he would be a perfectly fine stop-gap player on a young rebuilding team and then he will be gone next year (or this year at the break for a future first/ending salary to a contender).

Memphis has alot of players I'd like to have. If they wanted any of our non rookie players I bet BK would make a move. Bonzi/Williams for Harrington or Walker and filler works for me. I'd start Ivey within a few months and bring Williams in as the backup to shake things up/run with our other rookies. Bonzi can score, we'd just be in even more need of bigmen but it's not like ours play very big anyways.

have you watched any grizzlies games? rarely do you see the 'flash' that you have him pegged as displaying from his sactown days. he plays pretty 'in-control' occassionally opting for the early shot clock 3pter but otherwise remaining very much in control...

there's a reason why he's lead the L the past two years in assist to to ratio.