• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another Squawker related-question:

ATL_BALLER

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30. Despite living in the northeast most of my life, I have been a hawks fan since grade school.

Never been to a hawks game in Atlanta, but have been to many games over the years in Boston, Hartford (the Celtics used to play a few games there), DC and obviously NY (both MSG and the Meadowlands).

I'll be turning 39 next month, remember both the bad and good old days of the Hawks. Far as I know I might be the only Squawker in Maine, hell I might be the only Hawks fan in the entire site far as that goes. cool.gif This is hardcore Celtics country.

For all you youngsters feeling old, My wife and I have

four kids, the oldest is older than most of you @ 44.

Been wed to the same wonderful gal 45 years!!

I have GRANDKIDS older than some of you !!

Two weeks from today - Auguat 30, Gray Mule will be 69 !!

Still live in the same house I was born in.

I was a Cleveland Indians fan when they won the World

series in 1948. Became a Braves fan when they came

south from Boston, via Milwaukee.

Atlanta Falcon fan from day one.

Didn't follow the NBA until several years ago when there

was no football or baseball on the tube. Then I became

a Hawks fan!

If you forty something kids feel old, just grin and go

on while you can still enjoy your youth!!!

GO HAWKS !!!!!

cool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

Yeah, especially for the sake of the young fans and posters like Mike and Red1524- I really hope we're able to get this thing turned around ASAP. It's strange and a little sad to think that for the majority of their lives as fans they've seen nothing but mediocre to downright terrible teams.

I feel very fortunate that during my youth and the time I first became a fan the Hawks were an outstanding, near championship-level team. There was always just someone just a little bit better than us in the East, whether it was the Bird, Ainge, and McHale Celtics, the Bad Boy Pistons, or Michael and the Jordanaires. Very frustrating that we kept coming so close but were never quite able to get over the hump, but still there is nothing quite like having a team that is a legit contender year after year after year. It's just thrilling, and it was awesome.

So hang in there fellas. We were near the mountaintop once, there is no doubt in my mind that we will get there once again.

• Admin

Growing up in Canada I never had the oppurtunity to see the Hawks play live. Just had to cheer nique, doc, tree and the rest of the Hawks from the boob tube.

When I moved down here to Oklahoma 8 years ago the first trip I took was to Atlanta. I got to see Smitty/Mookie/Deke/La8ner take on Glen Rice and the Charlotte Hornets. Smith and Rice had a great shootout in the game. We actually won that game and I was 5 rows back from center court. Amazing experience.