• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vs. The Kitty Kats

frosgrim

OK Guys,

Let's start talking about tonight's game. We have beat into the ground Marvin and Josh. Now is the time to starting talking about what they will do in tonight's game.

What do you all think are the keys to the game?

Looking at the NBA preview (link) the kitties are in worse shape then the Hawks injury wise.

Wallace is out.

DJ Augustin is just now back from an abdominal strain and probably won't play.

Mays is just out.

The backups for the kitties have done nothing. For example, Adam Morrison is shooting 35% and avg. under 5 ppg.

For the good guys

JJ is expected back!

The rest of the H-crew is looking more and more healthy as well.

This is a game on paper that the Hawks should win by 15, at least.

However, this is exactly the sort of game that the Hawks blow.

Keys:

Keep the offensive flow that was found in Minn going. Let Marvin lead the team tonight as JJ gets his legs back.

REBOUND- I really get tired of this key, but the Hawks are just a bad rebounding team.

Bibby- get everyone involved and keep everyone involved in the offense.

Thoughts?

OK Guys,

Let's start talking about tonight's game. We have beat into the ground Marvin and Josh. Now is the time to starting talking about what they will do in tonight's game.

What do you all think are the keys to the game?

Looking at the NBA preview (link) the kitties are in worse shape then the Hawks injury wise.

Wallace is out.

DJ Augustin is just now back from an abdominal strain and probably won't play.

Mays is just out.

The backups for the kitties have done nothing. For example, Adam Morrison is shooting 35% and avg. under 5 ppg.

For the good guys

JJ is expected back!

The rest of the H-crew is looking more and more healthy as well.

This is a game on paper that the Hawks should win by 15, at least.

However, this is exactly the sort of game that the Hawks blow.

Keys:

Keep the offensive flow that was found in Minn going. Let Marvin lead the team tonight as JJ gets his legs back.

REBOUND- I really get tired of this key, but the Hawks are just a bad rebounding team.

Bibby- get everyone involved and keep everyone involved in the offense.

Thoughts?

I just want to see us get everyone back healthy so that we can start developing a little continuity going into the break. We need to get Al back to feeling comfortable and we need to try to get JJ back on track with Smoove, Marv and Flip continuing to produce as they have over the last 10 or so.

As for the rebounding, Al is definitely going to help with that as he gets healthy. We are at least an average rebounding team with Al 89probably slightly above average) but we are one the worst rebounding teams without him. I was so mad at Zaza during the MIN game. How many times did he let Love sneak by him and steal the offensive rebound? He is used to doing that to other people but Love was KILLING him doing that. I think Love had like 9 offensive rebounds. That is ridiculous.

Keys to winning:

1- rebound

2-movement

3-hang on to the ball

4-hit those free throws

5-hold JJ out and let him rest - Give us a needed spark off the bench.

If JJ is able to play, he doesn't need 40 minutes. A few minutes off

the bench for him should give us an extra boost.

:hush:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/h...on_bobcats.html

JJ will miss tonights game. His status for the Clippers game tomorrow is undecided.

We could honestly not hand pick two better road games to play without JJ. Neither of these teams have big SGs (T' Wolves or Bobcats) so Flip and Evans should be able to handle it. Even the Thunder could throw a guy like Durant in at SG and really give us trouble without JJ.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/h...on_bobcats.html

JJ will miss tonights game. His status for the Clippers game tomorrow is undecided.

We could honestly not hand pick two better road games to play without JJ. Neither of these teams have big SGs (T' Wolves or Bobcats) so Flip and Evans should be able to handle it. Even the Thunder could throw a guy like Durant in at SG and really give us trouble without JJ.

Thanks for the JJ update. Frankly, it is good that he's getting another game to rest up. There are too many big road games coming up for him to tire himself out more on games like this one and the Minny game.

Plus, this is another game for Marvin to demonstrate if he has the ability to be a lead scorer. And, I think he does...

Edited by frosgrim

• Premium Member

The Hornets are our Bizzaro Twins. They are strongest in areas where we are weaker.

What to expect...

I think we're in for a fight.

Joe's supposed to be back... I hope he's rested if not, I wouldn't play him..

However, for them, Augustin's coming back... That means a good spell for Felton.

The key matchups will be:

Diaw vs. Marvin/Smoove

Bell vs. Joe

Felton vs. Bibby

and

Horford vs. Okafor.

I think that the wildcard is what will Diaw do to Marvin. Tonight, we get to see if Marvin is the defensive player that everybody says. Diaw has turned out to be a physical opportunist at Sf/PF. He fits in in Charlotte much better than anybody could have predicted.

I think if Joe is not ready to play defense, Bell will have a big game. Bell has turned up his scoring.

Lastly, Okafor vs. Horfor for the boards. Okafor is a guy who rarely plays to his full potential. He's sorta like the Julius Peppers of Basketball. Sure he does a good job, but he has the potential to do so much more. I think Horf has a swagger about him and he can just out physical Okafor. I think we win that.

Lastly, what will Augustin do? I like Augustin. I think right now Charlotte is showcasing Felton for a trade either now or in the offseason. So the question is what does Augustin do and how much is he allowed to do. Coming back off of abdominal injury, I suspect that he will play maybe 20 minutes. This guy is a serious pG though. He may be the guy who can get 8 dimes in 20 minutes and put up 14 points on his comeback night. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go small on us and let Augustin work his way back in with Felton playing OG. Hence, if JJ is matched up with Felton, we post all night.

I think we have lots of opportunity to lose this game.

If I'm not mistaken, Charlotte is on a 6 game home winning streak. If I'm not mistaken (too lazy to look it up), they have beaten Phoenix, Miami, and San Antonio at home. I don't think we should take this team lightly. Just like us, they have pride about their homecourt and just like us, they have some talent.

When was the last time a Hawks player got to the line 20 times? Seriously W T F

they picked a good game to get hot from 3, going 10-18. I wonder if Evans called glass.

The team fought back from a big deficit. They deserved it. Great win. Glad to have Marvin get another good game under his belt.

I like the Hawks without Joe. More driving, less contested jumpers. Dare I say Marvin's B-Ball I.Q. rivals or is higher than Joe's? Unless you are an elite range shooter (and Joe is not), a high I.Q. scorer forces it to the hole if single-guarded, no excuses, especially down the stretch. A lower I.Q. player (and sometimes lazy player) will settle for fade-aways and turn-arounds. Also, the players know exactly were to look for various forms of leadership down the stretch from Bibby instead of trying to search and read Joe. Josh seems more calm knowing that he'll get enough good looks (please, stop with the jumpers.) No more contested, quick-trigger threes after dribbling for 7 seconds by Joe or out-of-rhythm mid-rangers. Free-throw oppurtunities doubled. Many more and-1 oppurtunities. While lacking without Joe in perimeter defense, Al and Josh run the paint and erase many mistakes by the backcourt. The team just seems to have a nice blend of steadiness and aggressiveness that you simply can't have with Passive Joe AKA I'm-6'7-240-And-Can't- Dunk. Maybe he should just sit against sub .500 teams and come off the bench against above .500 teams for 28 minutes. I wouldn't mind, although I know a lot of you want me dead for the thought. I am just historically and philosophically at odds against anyone who is a Joe Johnson fan and satisfied with him as our leader. His game is too numbers-oriented and not enough in the passion, determination, and focus department.

Let's go, Joe-less Hawks, although I cringe when Acie appears. Again, welcome back Al. We almost forgot how much of a pro you are. Let's go Flip. To the hole I mean. Mo is the definition of solid. I will never advocate Zaza, but I have developed considerable respect for the guy. Woody-Haters, admit it. The guy knows his defense and the buttons to push down the stretch, as he has clearly studied Popovich and has mastered some elements of the Detroit Defensive Run that he contributed to.

Edited by benhillboy