• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best no-name Hawk in History...

Diesel

Quote:

YOu can't forget Scott Hastings ... He did a good job of keeping the bench warm...

The most amazing thing about Scott Hastings is that he actually became a pretty decent football color guy for the Denver Broncos network. How he got that gig I do not know.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Man! That was the team!

Doc Rivers

Randy Wittman

Dominique Wilkins

Kevin Willis

Tree Rollins

Spud Webb

John Battle

Cliff Levingston

Antoine Carr

Forgive me if I don't include Jon Koncak, because he is the one Hawk that I absolutely could not stand at all.

That was when I first started watching Hawks basketball.

Hey, how could you forget my uncle Jack "Goose" Givens!!!!!

• Premium Member

Quote:

My mind is challenging me today. Either Augmon was 3rd, 6th, or 2nd.. but he was in the lottery..

He was the 9th pick in the 1991 draft. I liked Stacey but he was a bust at that pick. He couldn't hit an outside shot to save his mother's life.

• Premium Member

Long, Corbin, Enis "the Squirrel" Whatley, Craig Elho (Actually, I rate Elho very highly simply because he was the guy Jordan beat on "the shot"... Seriously, I loved the way that Ehlo would throw himself around..), Ivano Newbill (Macon's own), Ira Newbile ("the taxman"), Kenny "The Jet" Smith (Actually Kenny Sucked here.. Did he suit up), Bobby Sura, Bruce Daylrimple, Tom McMillan (Sharp Elbows), Nazr...

• Premium Member

I remember the year that Nique went Down. Plastic Man carried the team. He couldn't shoot, but that joker knew how to get to the rim.

IF you want to talk about Bust of a pick... the original AK47... Adam Keefe!

• Premium Member

Quote:

I remember the year that Nique went Down. Plastic Man carried the team. He couldn't shoot, but that joker knew how to get to the rim.

IF you want to talk about Bust of a pick... the original AK47... Adam Keefe!

Now I am having shaking spasms at my desk at work remember the 1990's Hawks drafts. I have never seen a GM like Babcock: he could outright rob a team in a trade, could sign big free agents, great to the fans but couldn't draft at all. Its amazing we did what we did in the 90's with our drafts providing zero bench help or youth movement.

• Premium Member

Still no clue what the criteria for "no-name" is.

But one who came to the Hawks as a no-name but blossomed into the focus of the team and an All-Star is Dan Roundfield.

Steve Hawes falls in the same category, though he was an option after Drew and Fast Eddie.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Sothron, you want to see Smitty and Long as an announcing team wow. That might be the most retarded thing i've ever heard. I don't know,,,,,best no name Hawk, I didn't see the name Ken Norman out there. He wasn't too good though

You might want to get out of your parent's basement if that's "the most retarded thing" you've ever heard. tongue.gif

Smitty and Long both did good jobs as announcers and an empty beer can could do a better job than Bob Rathbun.

I'm still trying to figure this guy out but I know one Hawk who carried the team when John Drew and Eddie Johnson were on their, well, 'binges' and that was Dan Roundfield. He could score, rebound, made some All-Star teams, and even made the NBA's All-Defensive teams a number of times in the early '80s.

And yep, looking back at the draft picks that Babs conjured up in the '90s made me throw up in my mouth a little. Adam Keefe? Stacey Augmon? Doug Edwards??? It's no small wonder why Smith, Blaylock, and Co. had to play almost 40 minutes a night to have a chance at winning.

I liked Craig Ehlo alot. I loved his hustle and he had a decent shot from what I remember.

I was a big fan of Eldridge Recasner while he was here. He couldn't do anything but shoot the 3, but he did shoot it pretty well.

How could anyone not like John Battle.

Duane Ferrell was a favorite of mine. I always thought he was going to be really good, but it never really panned out.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Any Hawks fan worth his salt should know him. He was an excellent defensive player, one of the best team defenders in the NBA for at least twelve years or so. I just wish his jumper was a little bit better. We could have used that offense in the second round of the playoffs for several years in the 90's.

Cliff Levingston? John Battle?

I was about to say . . . I'm surprised no one had mentioned Duane Ferrell yet.

Duane was instant offense, on those occasions when Nique or one of our main rotation guys were out. He had a real nice mid-range game and could get to the hole and draw fouls.

LOL @ Eldridge Recasner . . . or as I used to call him "DJ Cas".

It's funny, this current Hawks team resembles those teams of the early 90s, as far as depth, young talent, and potential talent.

LOL . . and I see no votes for Rumeal Robinson ( the modern day equivalent of Marcus Williams, if you ask me. )