• Raised $390 of $700 target

The where I live thread!!!!!

Wurider05

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New York City.

I initially became a Hawks fan because Dominique Wilkins was my favorite player. I have only been to Atlanta once, but have seen numerous Hawks games in NYC, Boston and D.C.

At times I am not sure why I remain a fan but it is certaintly better then being a Knicks fan these days.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Mrhonline lives in the middle of nowhere, Clyde, N.C.

I live about 90 miles west of him in the forgotten

western end of N.C. in Hayesville.

I'm just 1 mile north of the Georgia line.

Graymule makes me look like a city boy. Although I should add that I can't get cable TV or high speed internet where I live...

Walt, I'm currently teaching at an elementary school in West Asheville (which IS the largest percentage of 'witches' in the eastern seaboard. But I can't blame them for having good taste in areas to live in).

For the NWers', I used to live in Yakima, WA. There are many days when I miss being on the West Coast. I would kill to live in Bellingham, WA.

Quote:

...my favorite cities in the world: Chattanooga.

Evil, evil, EVIL city. I used to drive through the city on my North South journeys whilst in college and I always had trouble there. Blew a tire two different times and my car died at a rest area another. I also became pretty badly dehydrated at that time - shakes, cold sweats and all. I try to avoid that city at all costs.

Quote:

Rick

Congratulations on FINALLY getting to Atlanta!!

Hope the Falcons and Hawks can come up with TWO wins

as you watch, live and in person !!!!!

Gray Mule

cool.gif

Thanks Greymule, its been a long time coming but I am glad to be finally going!

Cheers

Rick

Quote:

Let us know what games you will be attending. Maybe some of us can stop by and chat a bit.

I'll be going to the Falcons game Vs New Orleans Saints on the 26th of November.

Then will be going to the Hawks game Vs Charlotte on the 29th November.

Not really a marquee matchup, but I had to book my holiday prior to the schedule coming out and this is how it worked out.

Cheers

Rick

Ellenwood by way of SW Atlanta (Lakewood area to be specific). Was one of the original employees of Lakewood Amphitheater when it opened in 1989. After some time away for school (Tennessee), I returned and have been in the River Road area ever since.

Quote:

hmmm...Asheville. Isn't that the highest number of Witches, Warlocks and Satan worshipers per capa in America?

It's like diet cultural "diversity" here where these same 20-something, often trustifarians, eventually enter the work force or return to grad school, find Jesus the almighty dollar, and pretty soon have a house, 2 kids, a dog, and no recollection of their former, rebellious selves. Just my take.

W

Quote:

Hey I thought I was the only Hawks fan in the Portland area.

Nah, homie. You've got a small contingent up in the 'Couv area that consists of mainly my brother and wife. grin.gif Were you at the Blazers season opener last year when the Hawks came through? We were the rowdiest people in there and naturally we weren't cheering for the home team.