• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knicks Waive Jalen Rose: Should we take a flier?

Johnnybravo4

I think that if you have the ability to increase the talent in your team for cheap then you do it. Especially when the talent that is missing is scoring. Rose has the ability to score on nights when JJ shot isn't falling. Currently that responsibility would fall on Zaza, who isn't a scorer. Smoove, who isn't a consistent scorer, or Salim, who is a scorer but a streak shooter.

Jalen would also allow us to run a big lineup with either he or JJ running the point. Jalen also allows us to play or small scoring guards such as Salim and Lue in the 2 role. He would give us so much versatility that it isn't even funny.

Quote:

Since Marvin is injured should we take a flier on Jalen Rose in order to backup JJ and allow Childress to play his natural 3. We could sign him to a one year 5 million dollar deal.

Should Atlanta take a flier?

Only if you want to tear your team apart by adding a malcontent and a player who has lost most of what skill he used to have.

Jalen Rose = no defense & chucker.

Take it from a Bulls fan who saw way too much of Rose, you don't want him.

Here we go again with the malcontent garbage. Hell I would have been a malcontent with the post Jordan bulls too. But the fact of the matter is that he had career avg of 15pts 4 assists and 3 rebounds and 35% from 3.

Look at it this way, Getting Rose prevents us from having to give NBDL players like Matt Frejie and Cedric Bozeman any real playing time. In essence getting Rose is like getting another bigman simply because it shifts Childress to a permanent 3 role and when Marvin comes back we would be 2 deep with quality on every position on the floor.

Speedy/Lue

JJ/Jalen

Marvin/Childress

Smoove/Shelden

Zaza/Lo Wright

Pepper in some Salim and that team is sick on paper.

I REMEMBER WATCHING jALEN PLAY THE POINT FOR mICHIGAN AND THE nUGGETS, HE IS SO TALENTED AND STILL CAN GIVE SOMETHING TO THE TABLE. I AGREE WITH THOSE WHO SAID HE SHOULD BE A WELCOME ADITION. HE WOULD BACKUP SPEEDY, JJ AND PLAY WITH JJ AND MARVIN OR EITHER JOSH AT THE SAME TIME. THAT'S CALLED VERSATILITY FOLKS.

SPEEDY/JALEN/TLUE

JJ/CHILLZ/SALIM

JSMOOVE/MARVIN (WHEN HE CAMES BACK)

SHELDEN/ESTE

ZAZA/LO

Quote:

Here we go again with the malcontent garbage. Hell I would have been a malcontent with the post Jordan bulls too. But the fact of the matter is that he had career avg of 15pts 4 assists and 3 rebounds and 35% from 3.

Look at it this way, Getting Rose prevents us from having to give NBDL players like Matt Frejie and Cedric Bozeman any real playing time. In essence getting Rose is like getting another bigman simply because it shifts Childress to a permanent 3 role and when Marvin comes back we would be 2 deep with quality on every position on the floor.

Speedy/Lue

JJ/Jalen

Marvin/Childress

Smoove/Shelden

Zaza/Lo Wright

there is no sense in running more than a 10 man rotation.

Zaza/Ren

Smoove/Chillz

Shellhead/Este

JJ/Salim

Speedy/Lue

obviously that rotation is somewhat simplified. if you play your best 10 players that comes out to 24 minutes a piece. you've got players like JJ and Smoove that will eat up 35.

it doesn't make much sense to bring on Rose if nothing else for chemistry issues. there isn't alot of room for him not and there would be basically none when Marvin returns.

Quote:

Quote:

Speedy/Lue

JJ/Jalen

Marvin/Childress

Smoove/Shelden

Zaza/Lo Wright

Zaza/Ren

Smoove/Chillz

Shellhead/Este

JJ/Salim

Speedy/Lue

obviously that rotation is somewhat simplified. if you play your best 10 players that comes out to 24 minutes a piece. you've got players like JJ and Smoove that will eat up 35.

it doesn't make much sense to bring on Rose if nothing else for chemistry issues. there isn't alot of room for him not and there would be basically none when Marvin returns.

My lineup is far superior than yours. We should have no reason to give Este more than 5mpg.

And what chemisty? This is a brand new lineup, we don't have any chemistry to mess up yet. Not only that but Rose would be the leader of the second squad, which right now has none. Are you sure you are a fan?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Speedy/Lue

JJ/Jalen

Marvin/Childress

Smoove/Shelden

Zaza/Lo Wright

Zaza/Ren

Smoove/Chillz

Shellhead/Este

JJ/Salim

Speedy/Lue

My lineup is far superior than yours. We should have no reason to give Este more than 5mpg.

And what chemisty? This is a brand new lineup, we don't have any chemistry to mess up yet. Not only that but Rose would be the leader of the second squad, which right now has none. Are you sure you are a fan?

Johnny are you not the one fellow posters have labeled as a Salim apologist?

If I am mistaken please correct me. If that be the case though I will have to take the Rose suggestion with a grain of salt.

• Premium Member

Dependent completely on whether the consensus of our coaches and scouts and BK consider Bozeman to have a long-term NBA future or not.

If they do, there's no point to signing Rose... we aren't serious competitors just yet for a championship anyway, and it's time better spent developing Bozeman.

However, if they do not -- and my impression from afar is that he's just an undrafted curiosity right now -- OR, if they feel they can place him in the NBDL for a year and make a decision on him next off-season...

Rose would potentially add 3-4 victories to the win column this season, imho, while adding a solid, versatile, veteran presence to the backcourt in the way that Lo Wright does for the frontcourt.