What about the Celts as trading partners..........

MoonKnight

Maybe I dreamed this but I thought someone posted a suggested trade of #3 to the Celts for #5 and K. Perkins. While the proposed Jack/LA for #3 sounds great though unlikely, the above Celts deal sounds pretty realistic. I think Perkins can still become a very solid 5 and is better as a true 5 than anyone we could draft as a true 5 with our two picks. Perkins could form a nice compliment with Zaza. This deal could likely happen if Ainge falls for Yi and is afraid he would not be there at #5. At #5, Conley might still be around along with Brewer, Noah, etc. Thoughts?

Quote:

Conley would be gone in all likelyhood to either memphis or at the least Portland via trade.

Yeah. ... ... too bad we don't need a PG, then Conley would fit right in. But since we are actually overstocked with quality at that position it really makes sense for us to trade him away somewhere for a possible starter or good reliable backup. Maybe someone "long" and is "versatile."

banghead.gif

logically, it works. but we're with billy knight. you think childress or shelden williams(don't start any sheldhead suck this or that, ok?) worth the their pick? i like the players. i'm just not sure if they're worth their pick. we or knight worry too much about bargining.

Quote:

do you think boston would trade al jefferson if we added in a pg?

No, but if we added in Josh Smith they would. Al Jefferson's arguably their best young player.

I think Portland's a much better trading partner, as the Celtics face too many of the same problems as the Hawks to fill in each other's gaps.

Quote:

Quote:

No, but if we added in Josh Smith they would. Al Jefferson's arguably their best young player.

I think Portland's a much better trading partner, as the Celtics face too many of the same problems as the Hawks to fill in each other's gaps.

And that would obviously be too much.

Why do some people seem to think Josh Smith is so expendable?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And that would obviously be too much.

Why do some people seem to think Josh Smith is so expendable?

I don't think Josh Smith's expendable. That's why I said Portland is a better team to trade with.

I think it's time to put away your "jump to conclusions" mat.

i'm thinking maybe #3, Speedy, and Chill for #5, Perkins, and West....they probably wouldnt do that...but if they did that would help us greatly. West plays point (basically replaces Speedy and is young still) and we'd still have picks to make.

Could get lucky and Conley could fall or get a solid player like Yi and use #11 for Law or Crittendon.

But would they do it? Probably not. But if so then,

Law/West/Lue or AJ

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Yi

Smoove/Yi/Solomon

Perkins/ZaZa/Solomon

Guest Walter

Quote:

I would love to take Al Jefferson off their hands but I doubt they would trade him.

MW/#3 for Jefferson/#5

The last 20 games Jefferson was a 20/11 guy already. A monster already.

If Conley's at 5 take him. If not take the best swing and get the remaining top 3 Pg at 11.

Jefferson/ZaZa

JS/SW

Greene or Brewer/JC

JJ

Crittenton

I can dream can't I.

W

Quote:

Conley would be gone in all likelyhood to either memphis or at the least Portland via trade.

if Horford is who you want then that works.

If you look at the mocks, if we don't take him there is a good chance he would be there at five. Perkins would be a beast in the middle. A true five that we have missed for a decade. I think this is a viable option. Pick up a center, draft a pg and then take the bpa at eleven.

The really nice thing about it is there is very likely to be a lot of options.

Quote:

Quote:

if Horford is who you want then that works.

If you look at the mocks, if we don't take him there is a good chance he would be there at five. Perkins would be a beast in the middle. A true five that we have missed for a decade. I think this is a viable option. Pick up a center, draft a pg and then take the bpa at eleven.

The really nice thing about it is there is very likely to be a lot of options.

I think it is a stretch to call Kendrick Perkins a "beast". He has potential but so far he has been unable to translate that potential into production. The rate he commits fouls alone would prevent him from seeing significant minutes.

Quote:

Quote:

I would love to take Al Jefferson off their hands but I doubt they would trade him.

MW/#3 for Jefferson/#5

The last 20 games Jefferson was a 20/11 guy already. A monster already.

If Conley's at 5 take him. If not take the best swing and get the remaining top 3 Pg at 11.

Jefferson/ZaZa

JS/SW

Greene or Brewer/JC

JJ

Crittenton

I can dream can't I.

W

That isn't going to get it done. Jefferson really came on last year and he has Elton Brand type of potential, so I don't see why the Celtics would ever think of trading him. He is their Josh Smith.

Quote:

Maybe I dreamed this but I thought someone posted a suggested trade of #3 to the Celts for #5 and K. Perkins. While the proposed Jack/LA for #3 sounds great though unlikely, the above Celts deal sounds pretty realistic. I think Perkins can still become a very solid 5 and is better as a true 5 than anyone we could draft as a true 5 with our two picks. Perkins could form a nice compliment with Zaza. This deal could likely happen if Ainge falls for Yi and is afraid he would not be there at #5. At #5, Conley might still be around along with Brewer, Noah, etc. Thoughts?

The celtics only have one player worth a d@mn to the team and I doubt they'll trade him. Jefferson is ok, but isn't he more of junk player or has he developed a post game?

Gerald Green has potential, but the position is already been filled.

I agree Perkins has not reached his potential but he is a better post defender right now than any of the potential players we could draft in the picks #3-12 range. Ainge is such an odd GM it would not shock me if he fell in love with a player due to "brain typing" or whatever the hocus pocus is called and might want to move up to our pick to ensure the player is there. It is an interesting thought anyway.