• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ's ride

exodus

That is insane.

I guess if you have the dollars to burn (litterally in this case) then why not?

Of course he could have gone the Chris Sabo (Cin Reds 3rd baseman in the late 80s early 90s) route and used public transport to get back and forth. That guy was a little off.

I agree it's insane and irresponsible. Even if you can afford it, why WASTE all that gas?

These enormous vehicles just continue to give money to the arabs. JJ, if you want to throw money away, why not give it to the homeless or charity instead?

I love JJ as a player, but my opinion of him as a human being went down a little.

I doubt he uses his super truck like a normal person uses their car. I definitely do not see him driving around much in that thing, more of a vehicle just for show.

Who really cares what he does with his money? He isn't doing anything illegal, and if you can afford it why not? I don't have a problem with this at all.

Quote:

I agree it's insane and irresponsible. Even if you can afford it, why WASTE all that gas?

These enormous vehicles just continue to give money to the arabs. JJ, if you want to throw money away, why not give it to the homeless or charity instead?

I love JJ as a player, but my opinion of him as a human being went down a little.

Would you rather he buy a small jet and give money "to the arabs" that way instead?

Quote:

Quote:

Would you rather he buy a small jet and give money "to the arabs" that way instead?

I think it's John Travolta who is a licenced pilot that also flies his own private jet anywhere he wants.

People have to remember that JJ got a nice chunk of change as incentive to come here. Then he gets another couple of million every month during the season.

When you're making that kind of money, a thousand dollars isn't much at all. Even if he only gets 12 miles a gallon, he'll have to drive well over 2,000 miles in between fill-ups. So if he drives that truck a lot, he's maybe filling that up 6 times a year.

Quote:

Even if he only gets 12 miles a gallon, he'll have to drive well over 2,000 miles in between fill-ups.

There is no way that thing gets 12 miles to the gallon. it is probably more like gallons to the mile.

Not that i really care. I just thought it was funny that he would be driving something like that.

let me say I overreacted in my first reply.....

does this make JJ a "bad person"? certainly not. JJ does a lot

for kids in the community and for Atlanta as well, so this doesn't

take away from that.

I just think there are better and smarter ways of spending your money...that's all.

Quote:

Hey man thats his money he earned it. We shouldn't be trying to tell him how to live his life.

His money, earned it, can spend it how he wants.

It's just I wouldn't buy the same thing in his situation, and if it was, it'd be for show and not for regular usage (which I assume/hope is the same for his car)

"These enormous vehicles just continue to give money to the arabs."

Some bullshit if i ever read some..its estimated 60% of the current price of gas is from speculation by investment banks and such....the price is basically fixed from the supply side idiot, they just determine how much of their resource they want to pump.

Like saying dont buy from walmart, we dont want to give our money to the chinese.....