• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HAWKS SIGN MAURICE EVANS--3 YR 7.5 MILLION

GTfan44

I think Diesel said we had 41 million in contracts before Smoove was signed. Isnt the cap at 55 mill?

LLE is Luxury Level Exception I assume?

You say we are over the cap, but well under luxury cap...Doesnt over the cap mean we are paying luxury tax?

Sorry I am a n00b something.gif

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

We are already over the cap, even before that signing but because we saved so much without signing Childress we are well under the luxury tax and can use the remaining 3 millionish from the MLE, the LLE (which I think is around 1.5 but I'm not sure). We can also sign those summer league guys too I believe without using the MLE as long as they get minimum contracts, although I could be wrong on that.

The bottom line is that no matter what we will be over the cap but also no matter what we will be under the luxury tax.

What about the cap hold if we retain the rights to Chill? Sekou wrote a couple days ago that that will reduce the amount of available MLE to us.

• Premium Member

Quote:

We are already over the cap, even before that signing but because we saved so much without signing Childress we are well under the luxury tax and can use the remaining 3 millionish from the MLE, the LLE (which I think is around 1.5 but I'm not sure). We can also sign those summer league guys too I believe without using the MLE as long as they get minimum contracts, although I could be wrong on that.

The bottom line is that no matter what we will be over the cap but also no matter what we will be under the luxury tax.

Uhm??? No.

Chillz staying did not change the amount we had to spend on other free agents. Chillz bolting to Europe didn't make one bit of difference as to weather or not we could spend the MLE. i.e. we could have had Evans and Chillz and whoever else we could get with the rest of the MLE.

• Admin

I am a big fan of West with his d, attitude and energy. If we can bring him back and still get those guys I am all for it. I just have a feeling he may be the casualty of this signing. If not bring him back.

A full season of Bibby and I think if Speedy can play this team will be a lot better too. I hope Law can improve too and learn from these guys.

C'mon Sund grab Kwame before we lose him to the Lakers!

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think Diesel said we had 41 million in contracts before Smoove was signed. Isnt the cap at 55 mill?

LLE is Luxury Level Exception I assume?

You say we are over the cap, but well under luxury cap...Doesnt over the cap mean we are paying luxury tax?

Sorry I am a n00b
something.gif

Actually, I said we had 51 million in contracts before Smoove signed. The cap is at 55 Million and Smoove's cap hold (150% of base Salary) puts us over the cap. Had we signed Chillz.. especially to the 5 year 33 Million dollar deal, we could have signed players to the MLE and still signed Smoove.

5 year 33 starts at around 4.9 -5.0. Let's say 5 Million.

5 year 60 (what I suggest for Smoove) starts at 10.5.

That's 15.5 Million.

We still would have 5 -5.5 Million to spend on MLE before becoming concerned about LCT.

ok so we are back where we were before chilldress left (slightly less actually)....so we still need TWO solid bench players....a kwame and another player...but we don't have the cash...we have to sign a bunch of summer leaguers now

kwame

luke jackson

evans

richardson

zaza

this bench does not excite me....it needs one more SOLID player that can score....

I really like it.

He should provide some defense on the wing, while also spreading the floor with his jumpshot.

I hope Sund/ASG are now using the rest of the MLE to try and sign Kwame Brown, like others have mentioned as well. That won't make us title contenders, but would help solidify our front court, which is pretty thin right now.

Over at RealGM:

Quote:

you will enjoy his ability to find his way to the basket for the easy 2 and to play well above the rim...good energy guy, big heart, strong worker and humble...

Quote:

I'm sad to see him go. He's a professional that brought it every night. Mo has a knack of finding a hole in the defense underneath/near the rim, seemingly at least once a night, for an easy dunk. He's a good to solid defender and can knock down the outside shot.

That said, he's an average player in the league.

Quote:

ok so we are back where we were before chilldress left (slightly less actually)....so we still need TWO solid bench players....a kwame and another player...but we don't have the cash...we have to sign a bunch of summer leaguers now

kwame

luke jackson

evans

richardson

zaza

this bench does not excite me....it needs one more SOLID player that can score....

You left out Acie and Speedy.

When you factor in his production with what we spent on him, it is probably about what he deserves. With that said, I don't see him doing much, his Win Score is well below average. So forgive me for not being excited by a lame move in my opinion.

It is good to see a move by our lethargic ownership, but I don't understand how people are so excited about this.

Quote:

Quote:

kwame

luke jackson

evans

richardson

zaza

You left out Acie and Speedy.

oh yep sure did...ok sounds little better.