• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

hawks add flip

lawman

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories....NBA#STORY_11259

Seeking to add additional depth to its backcourt, the Atlanta Hawks General Manager Rick Sund announced today that the club has signed free agent guard Ronald “Flip” Murray to a contract. Per team policy, no other details were released.

“By signing Flip, it provides us with another experienced player who has the ability to play multiple positions for us,” said Sund. “Because of his versatility, he will be a valuable asset for us as a reserve, and we look forward to the contributions he’ll bring this season.”

A 6-3, 197-pound combo (point/shooting) guard, Murray is a six-year veteran who last played for the Indiana Pacers. He saw action in 23 games after he was signed a mid-season free agent (March 1) following his release from the Detroit Pistons, and he averaged 11.0 points and 3.5 assists (.425 FG%, .389 3FG%, .754 FT%) in those contests.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories....NBA#STORY_11259

Seeking to add additional depth to its backcourt, the Atlanta Hawks General Manager Rick Sund announced today that the club has signed free agent guard Ronald “Flip” Murray to a contract. Per team policy, no other details were released.

“By signing Flip, it provides us with another experienced player who has the ability to play multiple positions for us,” said Sund. “Because of his versatility, he will be a valuable asset for us as a reserve, and we look forward to the contributions he’ll bring this season.”

A 6-3, 197-pound combo (point/shooting) guard, Murray is a six-year veteran who last played for the Indiana Pacers. He saw action in 23 games after he was signed a mid-season free agent (March 1) following his release from the Detroit Pistons, and he averaged 11.0 points and 3.5 assists (.425 FG%, .389 3FG%, .754 FT%) in those contests.

I remember a few years ago when Flip was a darn good shooter with guess who? Yes the Seattle Supersonics. You have to remember the Hawks are signing minimum contracts, so we are not going to get a mid level player.

This is actually pretty good news. Flip is not a bad player at all and adds depth. He should make the team over gardner. An aside he allows Evans to play at SF and he back up JJ.

Law/Bibby/Speedy

Flip/JJ

Mo/Marv

Zaza/Smoove

Al/Morris

Looking better...

11/3 is actually good and he and Evans should more than make up for Chill.

click for Flip stats

Edited by Swish

I like the flip signing at first glance; combo guard that can handle the ball and create his own shot. I remember him handing out Lipton Specials left and right against us last year, so can't be all that bad.

Don't see what would be that bad about signing Redick. With Salim all but gone, we're gonna need someone to extend the defense, and knock down some 3's. Nobody knows exactly what Redick can do, because he's never played....

For that little money this is a great move. We haven't had a guy who could create his own shot coming off the bench in ages.

I remember the Indy game this season, Flip was just blowing by Joe.

I also remember Josh blocking his dunk so hard he fell down a couple years ago when he was on the Pistons... but we don't have to remember him as "that guy".

• Premium Member
I believe that was a dream (unless you consider 36.1-42.5% fg and 22.4-29.3% 3pt darn good shooting). ;)

http://www.realgm.com/src_playerfile/696/flip_murray/

03-04 was a pretty good year. Yes he did shoot 41% from the floor and 29% from the arc. He had over 200 rebs and 200 assts, along with 81 steals while averaging 12.3 off the bench. I'll take that.

He has a nice mid-range jumper that is a lost art today. He is not a team changer but a small part that can pay dividends in the back court

I guess this means that JJ will be the back-up small forward given that they have now signed two veteran shooting guard reserves. This also potentially cuts into Law's minutes.

I like it. Not very expensive and he has produced before... If it doesn't work, not a big loss. Could work as a 7th or 8th man.

It's a good pick up. Gardner (if he can defend) can have Jeremy's uniform. Flip got Mario's.

I do believe Joe will log minutes at the 3. In fact he may end his career as a 3.

The more I think of it, he will bring swagger also. The guy has an edge.

Edited by Swatguy