• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Moving On Up (North)

AHF

• Moderators

Just wanted to let people know that I am soon relocating to Indiana, moving from a law firm job to an 'in-house' position where I will be part of a company's legal department. It will be a major change, and I am sure I will have less time to post on here, but it should be a good career move and a good area for raising a family. I will have to rely on people to keep me in the loop for what goes on with the Hawks on here because there is no way in the world I will be able to follow them through the national media!

Just wanted to let people know that I am soon relocating to Indiana, moving from a law firm job to an 'in-house' position where I will be part of a company's legal department. It will be a major change, and I am sure I will have less time to post on here, but it should be a good career move and a good area for raising a family. I will have to rely on people to keep me in the loop for what goes on with the Hawks on here because there is no way in the world I will be able to follow them through the national media!

Congrats man! Always good to hear about people moving on up, but you'll definitely be missed around here if you can post as much. You could always plug our RSS feed into whatever RSS reader you use so you'll at least see the topics and not miss out on anything major.

That is great news for you AHF!

It is, however, bad news for us at HS. You will be sorely missed.

Have you ever lived in a place with a real winter? If not, you are in for a new experience (I had this moving from Atlanta to Connecticut).

• Moderators
Have you ever lived in a place with a real winter? If not, you are in for a new experience (I had this moving from Atlanta to Connecticut).

We are moving to southern Indiana - almost due west of Louisville, KY. Much of my early childhood was in Lexington, KY when my father worked for UK (thus the avatar and love of UK basketball) so I at least have memories of what I think will be similar winters. That was a long time ago, though, so I am sure there will be mornings when I am glad I got a car with seat warmers!

• Moderators
Congrats man! Always good to hear about people moving on up, but you'll definitely be missed around here if you can post as much. You could always plug our RSS feed into whatever RSS reader you use so you'll at least see the topics and not miss out on anything major.

I'll have to figure out what an RSS reader is and how to use one first. Is there one that you recommend?

I'll have to figure out what an RSS reader is and how to use one first. Is there one that you recommend?

Basically our new website is able to output all of our topics in an RSS Feed (news feed) and you can use any RSS Reader (search Google) to display it.

Our RSS feed link is: http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index....rssout&id=1

You can use Google Reader if you use Google a lot. That link is: http://www.google.com/reader/view/#overview-page

It's pretty easy from there. Just click the "Add a subscription" link and add that Hawksquawk link from above.

I am also considering doing a Flash desktop wallpaper that will have an RSS Reader built into it sometime in the near future so that way you can view our topics right on your desktop.

I am also considering doing a Flash desktop wallpaper that will have an RSS Reader built into it sometime in the near future so that way you can view our topics right on your desktop.

That would be utterly AWESOME. I have to leave HS up during work and otherwise, which is why it shows me usually logged in.

Dude, your arbitrator like presence will be missed around here. I think you are the one guy on this board that no one could possibly have a problem with. I think I just felt a ting of sadness for the board. You're pretty much irreplaceable.

Good luck with the move. I hope everything goes your way, bro.

• Moderators

No need to bury me prematurely. I just doubt I will have the same flexibility in my schedule with the new job -- but should actually finish the day at a reasonable time as a tradeoff.

Matt

GOD bless you and your family. I know you will take time to launch Hawksquawk, it is systemic.

Great move AHF...and glad that we can still count on you being around now and then (especially on contract issues and UK news). I grew up around that area...great place to raise a family. Good people, nice rivers, green dang near all the time. Southern Indiana isn't very cold really - it's when you get up towards Gary that you can freeze.

As far as an "in-house" position - here's a good piece of advice. Get yourself a foot rest under your desk and a high backed chair. If you kind of lean forward and dig your chin forward into your chest you can go to sleep without snoring :hush:...handy thing to know if you are doing a 2 O'Clock feeding and want the occasional long lunch hour to catch up on sleep. Also - set your screen saver to where it doesn't come on for a few hours - that can be a dead give-away if somebody barges in.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

Best of Luck to you.

Don't come back here talking about how good the Pacers are?!! :beer:

Good luck to ya AHF and congrats on the promotion. Indiana's a pretty good place, and like anywhere else in the Midwest can definitely be a very good environment in which to raise a family. And now you'll have the whole Indiana State High School Basketball Tournament to look forward to! Holy crap, talk about an amazing spectacle, and something totally unique to the state of Indiana.

I hope you'll continue to post as much, especially as the legal maneuverings of the ASG vs. Belkin warrant. Your knowledge of the legal system has been a big help to this board and is greatly appreciated.